that wild wind still blows
Melita!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It was the stangest feeling, going from the snows of the Greatwood to the comparatively warm sands of Torchline, and as morning beamed over the Arclight Ocean, Vai found herself breathing it in. She stood at the edge of the shore, her boots abandoned in the sand nearby, letting the small waves wash over her toes before the tide sucked the water back out again.

Gods but it had been so long since this. So long since the world was more than a treeline, since the sky was so wide and so effortlessly blue. Still clad in her Greatwood gear (and luckily it wasn't Longheat, else she might have suffered for it), she might have looked thoroughly out of place, but... to hells with it. She needed this, just for a moment.

vervain
where the wild things are

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
watch her dance, she beckons you
fair warning: leave her to herself
Melita spent the morning on the sea breeze, varnished and lacquered in its rise and fall, in the cool, crisp emblems of wind and mercurial existences. A breath, and she was ignited all over again, stepping blatantly on the surface of its veneer from the rustic shoreline, Fangorn following along as she roamed, as she leapt, as she danced along the fringes of the current. Neither nymph nor Fae, but rapturous on their incandescence, on their gifts dangling around her ankle, she clambered on and on. At times she raced the swells, at times she chased the Hels, at times she was merely wild and free and nothing, no one, could tame her savage presence. Gourd and girl bounded together on the Ahi perimeters, the wolfish laughter tracing from her fortifications, her might, her daring, emboldened, audacious ethereality.

At one with the ocean, but loud enough to send the Hels squawking, she’d been thoroughly distracted in her amusements, and not the reality of others occupying the beach. Carefree and irreverent, exposed on the water front, it took Fangorn’s roughened, heightened growls to cause her attention to swing away from the endless horizon, and to the dunes, the embankments, where sands met shoals.

Another was nearby – and for a moment Melita thought she was hallucinating. She recognized the figure at once, but hadn’t seen her in such a long time that she could scarcely remember how many turns, how many revolutions, it’d been. Was it a mirage? A dream? The youth tilted her head, watched and waited, poised there, the water flickering beneath her feet, maneuvering her closer, until the other moved.

“Vai!?” She screamed, vehement, ardent howl across the waves, and then she was sprinting, running full tilt towards the healer.
beautiful to see, but poison to touch
calm and chaos, evolved and still evolving
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
To hear her name howled across the ocean was an odd and wondrous thing, Vervain gazing up to squint at the waves, like the sea itself had been calling her. It wasn't true, of course, and her lips parted in a soft 'o' of surprise at the sight of the wild and readheaded youth sprinting across the waves. It didn't take long, of course, for surprise to turn to delight, and she was grinning broadly as she reached up a hand to shield her eyes from the morning sun.

"Melita!" she cried in return, half laughing around the girl's name, and she stepped back on bare feet as if she might need more of the beach to run upon. "What are you doing here?" It was a small world, to be sure.

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Breathless from her sprint along the shallows, it still didn’t take her long to reach Vai’s side: real, tangible, and whole. Without much of a warning, the youth’s arms wrapped tightly around the healer, a warm, welcoming embrace and hug, before pulling back, finally setting her feet upon the sand. A rush of an inhale, exhale, and the vibrant grin remained, relaxed, glad to see her friend once more. Fangorn hustled alongside, vines and form finally hastening to a stop; a familiar grumble and hiss echoing back towards the other woman. The honeybee child’s tones beckoned back though, light and ethereal, sublime and content. “I live here now. I work on the Ark.” Whether or not that meant anything at all to the huntress would have to be seen, and the girl scraped her toes into the dunes, content with whatever heat had been retained. “What are you doing here?”
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
The hug was unexpected but not unwelcome, Vai grinning in return and hugging Melita back, releasing her to look her over in happy wonder. "Tell me, was I dreaming just now, or were you running across the waves?" she asked, before glancing down to Fangorn and offering the gourd a crooked grin. "Long time no see," she greeted him.

The Ark was an utterly foreign concept to her, as might be clear from the confusion on her face. "Is that a bar, or...?" she asked, chuckling. "Me? I came to visit Remi. I heard that he was Governor of Torchline, which is... it's a bit different to the last time I saw him," she admitted.

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
To Melita, Vai had been safety, wisdom, a sanctum of sagacity, experience, and skill. A healer and a fighter, a huntress and domineering piece, something a youth like herself could aspire or look up to. To have her back, out of the Greatwood, and within the realm of Torchline, even if just for a visit, was a welcome relief. “Oh, yes,” she shook her head, and lifted her ankle slightly, in case Vai yearned to inspect, before placing the foot back down. “I got this from the wisps in the Greatwood. I think it’s what lets me do it – but not for long.” Which was fine, she was quite content with any mode or measure of the power, allowing her to spring along the surface of the ways, to pretend to be in its grace, power, and poise for moments at a time.

Fangorn proffered another grumbled greeting, before moving along the sands, bounding along its dampened soil and leaving pumpkin impressions in his wake. His distractions left Melita to her own devices and Vai’s inquiries, uncertain how best to answer without revealing too much, or providing too little – some portions she might not even know herself. “It’s a ship!” Sounded best, a plentiful beam, a luminescent grin, providing and presiding along the ethereal conjectures.

As towards Remi, the alterations had been vast, but the honeybee youth couldn’t quite fathom why. “Bit of a surprise, huh?” It had been for her anyway, when the last Governor's house went down on the crackles of the volcano, when everything was righted, and when the Alchemist rose to the occasion. She shrugged then, her eyes going along the coast. “He seems different, but stronger now.”
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vai did yearn to inspect, her blue eyes bright with curiosity as she gazed down at Melita's ankle. "From the wisps? That's amazing," she said, a grin creeping across her face. "Even if not for very long, that must be so useful in a place like this." Straightening up again, she breathed the sea air in deep and wiggled her toes in the sand, watching as Fangorn grumped his way across the shore to occupy himself.

The Ark was a ship, then, and that had fresh wonder flashing across her face. "You've been busy, since I once offered to teach you how to hunt," she said. "Do you work on it? Or just live there. My offer still stands, by the way, if you wanted to practice with me."

Her expression tempered somewhat as they spoke about Remi, Vai nodding gently. "That's the impression I got as well. But... as long as he is happy, I can only be pleased for him." For now, until they reached a stage where they weren't just glossing over the deeper things that had happened to them both. "But enough about him, I can see him any time. Where is this Ark of yours?"

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
She smiled at the praise of the anklet; though she hadn’t been the one to adorn, to create, or to contort it, content all the same that Vai thought the item was useful too. “Oh yes,” with a suitable wink following, digging her toes further into the sand too, warm and bright. Thus far she’d utilized it skimming across the waves with Sunjata, investigating the rosy-hued dolphins with Nate, and skirmishing with Zeph; Torchline had been a place, a world, she could immerse herself within, an extension, a familiar scale of home. And if she couldn’t have the Dragon’s Throat again, this might’ve been a close second.

“I work on it, though we haven’t gone out yet.” Her eyes slanted over the horizon for a moment, imagining the ship riding over the currents, uninhibited by the play of water. At Vai’s hint, her grin broadened all the the more, gaze returning to the huntress. “Of course. I’m always willing to practice.” And hopefully she’d become better, good enough to make an impression on Vai.

The subject matter on Remi though seemed segmented in much the same – along what Melita had experienced, but she didn’t have anything else to say, to go off of. Was Remi happy, content? It was difficult to tell, so she kept the thoughts to herself, behind closed teeth. Instead, her stare brightened, and she began winding along the coastline, intending to reach the docks. “Follow me! I’ll show you!” Whether or not Jack and the others would mind visitors didn’t really bother her, skipping and bounding along, invoking curiosities and speculations, while Fangorn noticed they were going in the opposite direction, and hastened to catch up. “How is Felix doing?”
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
The idea of hunting with Melita was a throwback to a past that seemed much simpler, and Vai was more than happy enough to indulge in it. "We'll be sure to find some time, then, before you head out on your ship. What do you do on it?" Raising sails, navigating, keeping ship - there were a number of things that she could imagine having to be done, but of course her interaction with the ocean was limited at best.

But that was changing all the time, and this introduction to the Ark would only hasten things along. So, grabbing her boots from the sand, Vai set off at a loping stride after Melita, laughing and calling for Fangorn to catch up with them. "Felix?" The huntress's smile became a mix of wistful and proud. "He's doing just fine. He's still in the Greatwood right now. I'll be going back to fetch him soon, I think."

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
She hummed under her breath, a silly ditty and strain as they ambled through the sand, etching and sketching their way along the coast, Melita taking the scenic route towards the docks for Vai’s benefit. If this was her first time all over again, she’d want to see everything once more. “Absolutely! I’ve already hunted some Hels and ramphires!” The youth hadn’t scalded her way along the ocean forefront for the cloud mantas yet, something about their bejeweled essences causing her to cease rampant predation on their gentle existences.

The next inquiry though didn’t give her any such pause, and she turned back to the huntress with a vivid expression of flame and sedition. “I fire cannons!” As if she’d be doing anything but – the flare of powder and cinders, the exploding mechanisms rampaging, promising predilections and prestige, wounds in their wake.

The girl scooped Fangorn up in her arms as they wandered and meandered, content to listen to how Felix was doing (uncertain how old he’d be now, time, seasons, months, days, slipping away from her every now and again, too distracted by too many details and things, alterations in the way their earth had been shaped, whittled, and wielded). “That’s good!” Realizing she didn’t have much of a clue in the way of babies, curiosity got the best of her. “Is he very big now?”
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
They strolled together, similar figures with vastly different strides; Melita skimming and dancing across the sands, Vai at her heels in a straightforward line, leaving as few prints as necessary. "Ah, Remi told me about Hels," she said (though nothing of ramphires, but unbeknown to Vai they would come up again in a different conversation soon enough). "They land on your shoulder and you can walk on water, right?"

Blue eyes widening as she caught Melita's gaze again, the witch's face lit up in a broad grin to hear that of course she was going to be firing cannons. "As exciting as that is, I do hope you never have reason to fire them too much," she said.

The conversation about Felix continued, however, and Vervain found herself unable to continue to be vague. She laughed softly, rubbing at the back of her head. "You have no idea," she murmured, smirking. "Something happened during Longheat this year, at a shrine. And... well, he's taller than you now, put it that way. I think he'd be about sixteen, but age is a difficult thing to tell when you've only actually had maybe one birthday..."

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Her energy was raw and wild, continuing on the leaps and bounds, the dashes and sprints, the circling back towards the huntress while she paced her way through the dunes. She nodded at Vai’s information about the Hels, and though she hadn’t experienced it for herself, the rumors tended to meander up the coastline each time someone was tricked by the birds. “Yes, and could leave you out there!” She’d leave it up to Vai’s imagination, some poor unsuspecting person walking along the surface, falling as the creature left their shoulder, and too far from the press of land.

Firing cannons was another wondrous topic, and her impish delight at the possibilities likely rang through the older, experienced woman’s head. Melita wasn’t to be undone though at the implications, but kept the notion of hoping she did have the opportunity to herself.

Besides, she was thoroughly distracted by the next range of thoughts voiced out loud, pausing mid-stride and step as Felix was brought up – staring a bit stupefied at his mother’s smirk. A bundled cherub no longer – in just short of a year – snagged by sprites and risen to apparently new heights. Mind completely dismissing the part where he’d be about sixteen years of age, her head was already concocting too many other bizarre considerations. It gave her a strange mental image of a tremendously large infant, bumbling and fumbling around on gangly, wobbly legs, or cooing out various words. Her face scrunched up as she imagined it, uncertainty warring about in her mind. “So…so is he like a giant baby?”
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vai’s imagination could indeed fill in all of those blanks, and the twist in her expression showed well that she was thinking twice about the wondrous, wave walking birds. Yeah, no thanks. But all of that faded to the back of her mind as she caught Melita’s reaction, a mixture of confusion and worry coming over the huntress until her companion spoke. And when she did, Vai graced her with a very unladylike snort and a peal of laughter, shaking her head.

”No, no!” She giggled. ”No, I mean he grew up,” she said. ”He’s a strapping young man now. Looks just like his father.” Who was definitely not a bumbling great baby wobbling through the woods, she might add.

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
The docks were coming in closer and closer as their strides swept along the beach, the rise of flags and banners hanging upon ships in the distance, maneuvering slightly over the undulation of waves. Melita might’ve grown excited by the notion of sharing information and nuances about them, but had become so readily distracted, she ceased to think of anything pertaining to the boats waiting to embark. Instead, they’d been reserved on gigantic babies wandering around the Greatwood, her mind entirely fixated on the mental images alone.

Well, at least until Vai corrected her. She tilted her head, not in either dismay or uncertainty, watching as the huntress launched into warm rings of laughter, adjusting her own features so there was a smile rendered in there, amidst her obvious confusion. The girl hadn’t known Felix’s father, so she shrugged off that comment. “Oh,” meandered through instead, her eyes easing back along the shoreline, the tones a bizarre mixture of uncertainty (because maybe the image of the gigantic baby was hilarious, if not realistic) and the unknown. “Well, how does that feel then?” To have both a one year old and strapping young lad?
MELITA