[se] turn them over and over
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
after fury
what do you do
He snorted at her phrase, shaking his head once, before his eyes glinted back along the surface of the table, struggling to come up with anything else to layer within the box. Eyeing it once more, he figured it was likely enough, and started to close it, orchestrating a lid to match the surroundings within – flecks of gold, of moons and suns, of little thief daggers lining the edges.

Preoccupied, the General missed the faltering of her smirk, but not the insinuations layered amidst the question. He wasn’t certain if she was asking, craving, for more praise, or truly didn’t know what else she could utilize, fundamental capabilities left aloft and lingering, the uncertainty beckoning in waves. He breathed, pondering what best notions to provide. Because there were other things to do, besides defending, besides training, besides entrenching themselves into danger at every turn; he hadn’t acquired the role amidst the militia until the previous year. And while it’d been one he’d already had experience within, the Sword had also done a majority of other things before finding stature and footholds in these rooted efforts. He’d built. He’d repaired. He’d created. He’d adapted. Aisha would likely have to do the same. So there was a shrug to his shoulders, an emblem of veracity in his exhale, in the rumbling vocals. “No. But even I cannot rely on weapons alone.”
with the remains?
DEIMOS
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
i'm asking nicely, give me what i want
Once again the general had no response but a snort, though it served to make the girl smile plenty. He moved back to his box of trinkets, contemplating it for a moment then weaving the delicate fibers of a lid. For someone so stoic and icy a demeanor, his mind thought up beautiful things, Aisha pressed a playful finger atop the finished product and gave him a smirk, "I think if my baby's gifts don't come wrapped like this I'm giving em back."

Deimos had a way of seeing through her sarcasm, that almost bothered her. She was so used to her companions playing along, but he did not forget what he'd asked, and delved into how she'd answered. No, it wasn't praise she was after (for once), but a lack of other direction. Why she kept coming to him to find it, she had no clue. "I guess not, but I'm sure they help," she said, retreating her hand back to her hip.

"I've been a soldier my whole life, and I planned to be one forever. Now I'm here, I'm not a soldier anymore," she explained then gave a shrug, not sure where to go from there. It didn't really give him any new information, but did share a bit of what she was struggling with, this how to progress.
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
after fury
what do you do
What felt like lifetimes ago, Jigano had joked about the Sword being an artist; a statement Deimos had immediately rejected with a wrinkle of his nose. His canvas had been blood, battlefields, armaments, and fortifications, never a stroke of paint. But within Caido, he’d embarked on creation instead of constant consignments to oblivion, an alteration in behemoth tenacity. He’d orchestrated and concocted far too many things associated with weddings (including his own), magical scales, and necessities, carved in designs and details, signifying ownership and belonging. Here and now, he still shook his head, but adjusted to facetious pursuits instead. “One should always have standards.” He tightened the lid, and produced a long thread to wrap and cord around the box.

Unfortunately for Aisha, the General had a bluntness to him, and had survived an assembled bane of existence jester-types within the Basin long before his life had been extinguished. Though she was nowhere near the level of Thranduil (a spark of primordial irritation etched its way down his spine, and he shook it away), he still understood the ways of going around those who embraced sarcastic emblems. They were a means of protection, like his stoic intervals, like his absolute reticence. But there were always chinks in armor. “You can still be a soldier,” an invitation, an extension of those barracks and their familiar threshold. “But there are other possibilities too.” He paused, pondering as he tied off the string, mind searching for a means of explanation. “It will take time, and experiences.” Caido hadn’t required warriors, not of his ilk, when first arriving.

But then again, they hadn’t been ruled either. Things altered, changed, and they had to adapt, assimilate, and coordinate to it, or be lost amongst the ethers.
with the remains?
DEIMOS
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Standards would be a bit of an understatement, her bar for baby toys was much lower. The general boasted a fascinating mixture of modesty and confidence, one that only solidified his powerful stance. She said no more on it except for another saucy hmph as he created a cord to close the box of precious goods.

Her smile returned a fraction at his suggestion, a light purring hum to the notion. Oh if it were that simple, to say yes and become one of the militia. It should be that simple, the only reason it wasn't was because of Aisha's own inner machinations against the idea, part of her wishing for something more. This, she realized, was nothing Deimos could help her with. He offered a path, but she had to walk it.

She nodded in agreement, glancing back up to meet his gaze, "I know it will, I guess I'm just not that patient," she replied with a hint of mirth dancing at her lips. "What about you then, any skills other than 'soldier capabilities'?" she returned, then adding, "And toymaking."
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
after fury
what do you do
Deimos hadn’t been born patient – it had carved and curved its way over him after the frivolities of youth, and gangly teenage years, before he was set back multiple times by instructors, and learned to value the art of composure. It had whittled its way into his form as they stood along battlements, as they marched towards ramparts, as he watched enemies and adversaries advancing, biding his time until he could strike. Some could abide by its measures. And some never would. He muffled the slightest laugh at Aisha’s insistence of not being able to wait, of not being able to conjure or tolerate the sensation of delay.

He rose from his seat along the kiosk, lifting the box, placing it beside the aperture as Zuriel spun along snowflakes outside. “When I first arrived, I helped with anything I could.” His strength had come in measures and machinations, his brawn a wielding procedure and process in opening up stores, bakeries, shops, and anything else he could get his hands on. He’d wanted to stay busy, to find something other than dragging himself through moored melancholies, disastrous fates, and haunting, poignant memories. Then he fought stone golems. Waged minor battles in Spire basements. Nearly died through several processes. Wandered through the Greatwood after sacrificed friends. Had no issue in instigating and flaming rebellions. “Magic works wonders, but so will the new shifts you obtain,” and he said that lightly, the ghost of a smile on his lips, as he put away other materials he’d left out on the table. “The more you do, the more likely you will find somewhere to fit.” To call her own.
with the remains?
DEIMOS
Aisha Khai

Change author:
As a princess, patience had been a virtue often encouraged, but never instilled. When she'd wanted for something it'd always come with quickly, no time wasted on a request from the young crown. Now she had no such privilege, and while the freedom was relieving, the waiting was tedious. She might seek to conjure up some tolerance, a scrap of patience - or she'd just work faster to sate that desirous haste.

Her soft smile remained as he spoke, expressing similar ventures and measures to those she herself had taken. Stay busy, keep your mind off what was left behind, and don't look back; all things she'd reminded herself, and sometimes failed to do. That phase of her time here was passing, her memories no longer poltergeists and ghouls that haunted her dreams but spirits and souls that visited her in moments of solace.

Aisha gave a nod to his finishing words, watching absently as he packed up, thoughts turning over what he'd said. Once again Deimos had nailed on the head exactly what she was after, addressing her worries with resolve. She greatly admired him, for all that he was. Not that she'd say something that mushy and venerable out loud. "I look forward to finding it," she said, "impatiently."

If she were to finish her task before Oliver noticed the missing bucket, she should set to it soon. Bending down to gather the paints she glanced up to the Sword, "Well I should probably get going, thanks for everything."
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
after fury
what do you do
He snorted at her final insinuation, catering to listening to him, but still rumbling through the impetuous modes. “It will come,” confidence and assurance, modicums of truth and veracity tucked into his reverberating rumbles. The beast nodded to her, watching as she picked up the paint bucket, and got ready to set off. “You are welcome.” As much advice the beast could proffer, anyway; multiple lifetimes giving over to nonchalance, patience, and composure, a reliance in one’s self, in one’s abilities, capacities, and the yearning for more (power, prestige, domination, prowess, supremacy, all intertwined, intermingled). “I need to deliver mine anyway.”

With that, he stepped out – eyes lifting to the hazy, gray sky, the burdening clouds, and reaching down into his soul. Summoning, compelling, calling, a bewitching set of incantations honed only by the Attuned, by the intermingling of intertwined blood, and several large birds of prey appeared down before him. They spread their wings, extended their talons, gripping hold of the string, and he watched, waited, ensuring they could bear the weight, before they hastened off, tending to the Sword’s orders. Their direction sailed off into the ether, along the Artist’s Sanctuary, meant to be a surprise on their doorstep, anonymous and unknown.

The dagger rattle might give it away, regardless.

Deimos waited for her to step out as well, gaze following the flight path of the birds, before nodding his head, and maneuvering outwards, towards the barracks. “You saw nothing,” the hint of a smile etched in the corner of his mouth, before wandering into the midst.

{-FIN}
with the remains?
DEIMOS