thunderstruck
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
It was raining outside, which made the footing treacherous as Amun took the path down to the hidden cave. The metal orb the Voice had provided was clutched in his hand. Not wanting to wait, he'd come here immediately after the sphere had been struck by lightning.

Once he entered the hidden cavern, he took a moment to push the damp hair out of his eyes and off his forehead. Then he made his way towards the shrine in the back. "The Voice, I did what you asked. Thank you again for offering me this opportunity." Tone respectful and pleased, he held the ball up with both hands.

Amun must 1. have the metal be moved by someone with mastered telekinesis, have it sit in
'powerful fire' so mastered-level fire magic OR fire that burns hotter than simple torches/campfires, and then leave it out to be struck by lightning.

heat of the night {open} Moved by Oliver's upgraded telekinesis (no PCs have mastered telekinesis)
hey there, hot stuff Put it into Oliver's forge at full heat
the same place twice Had it struck by lightning
amun

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i'll be your hope, i'll be your love, be everything that you need.
'My, my. I see you've made quite the effort never to be tardy again, haven't you?' The Voice chuckled, sparking into life before him. With eyes quietly amused, she grinned at the potter, before extending her hands towards him. "Do you have something for me?" She asked, of course meaning the metal ball he had been given to work with.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As The Voice appeared, Amun practically beamed at her. Even though there was a slight smirk in there, mostly he was just glad to once more be in the presence of his goddess. Chuckling at her comment, he nodded. "I try not to make the same mistake twice." Then he gave her a mischievous and maybe slightly self-satisfied look. "Besides, you're well worth the effort."

Grinning, he held out the metal orb she'd provided him. "I do." Then his eyes narrowed almost playfully. "Do you have something for me?" This time, there was something hope about his tone, even if his expression was maybe still just a bit too smug.
amun

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
the rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are
The Voice rolled her eyes at Amun's antics, his silvery tongue and quick wit would likely get him into trouble one day, but for now, the goddess was merely pleased for a conversation in which she didn't have to coddle or reassure.

"Do I? Well....let's see..." As he held out the orb, her hand snaked forward with electric speed, clutching at his wrist and drawing him near. Turning it over to reveal the underside, she softly stroked the thin and tanned skin, reaching for his other hand to do the same. The ball of metal suddenly flattened and began to twist, creating long thin tendrils that might have looked a bit like veins. "Normally I would say this would hurt but...it won't." The Voice chuckled as Amun's skin split open, revealing a master-class in bio-engineering. Like sentient strings the silver metal flowed into his skin, snaking beneath his palm and into his fingers. It fit neatly against the near-metallic veins and capillaries that already existed, fusing into them seamlessly. Painlessly and without any indication that work had been done at all, Amun's skin closed back up.

'Voila.' The Voice said, mirroring Amun's smug and eager tone.

Amun has received the following upgrade!

Metal Manipulation Upgrade | When in contact with metal, can conduct electricity through it making it malleable. Surfaces larger than 6ft by 6ft take considerable effort. The ability works best the higher the metal content, becoming unstable at anything below 50%.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As the Voice took his wrist, Amun gave it to her willingly. However, even without the pain, seeing his skin splitting and the metal being inserting was a distinctly unpleasant experience. Still, he watched, figuring she wanted him to see.

When she finished, he grinned, and did a scan to figure out how the upgrade had been integrated into him. "Thank you." Then his grin gained a bit of a sly edge, and he slipped his hands into his pockets. "At the risk of sounding greedy, I did have an idea for another upgrade."

However, he gave her a curious look. "First, though, I wanted to know if there was anything else you needed my help with." This time, his voice sounded even more eager than it had before.
amun

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
'Oh of course you did.' She chuckled, releasing his wrist and folding her arms across her chest as if unimpressed by his forwardness. She wasn't of course, and he'd well know this by now.

'There ... is something. But it will have to wait until after LongNight in the grounds." The Voice replied with a light shrug, the casualness of her tone suggesting that perhaps now was not the time to elaborate on such plans.

"What was it you had in mind?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Chuckling at the Voice's response to Amun's opportunism, he shrugged unapologetically. When she mentioned there was actually a task she needed help with in the future, his eyes widened. However, he immediately and eagerly nodded. "Whatever you need." He had no qualms making that promise to his goddess.

Grinning, he gave her a pleased look. "I think you'll like this one. I was wondering if you could get me an upgrade that would prevent an Attuned from shifting. Or lock it into its current form, something like that." He raised his eyebrows, excited to hear what she might think of that idea, and to find out if she'd be willing to grant him another upgrade so soon after the first one.
amun

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"If I could get it?" The Voice chuckled, pulling back with a challenging look. "There are many things I can get Amun. The real question is whether or not you can."

But a device to lock or prevent an attuned in their shift? What a novel idea..."Which would you find more useful to begin with? To prevent shifting into their attuned form, or prevent them from shifting back?" Both would be useful in different situations, depending on what Amun had in mind.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Inclining his head at the Voice's words, Amun grinned. "You're absolutely right. I apologize for misspeaking." He had no issues admitting when he was in the wrong or had spoken out of turn, even if his tone was surprisingly cheerful.

Narrowing his eyes at her words, he hesitated for just a moment. Then he responded with a great deal of certainty. "Something to prevent shifting in the first place. In my experience, once they've shifted I'm usually at a severe disadvantage." There were tradeoffs, of course, but he felt pretty sure that the former option would be more useful to him, especially given all the Attuned he found himself training with.
amun

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"Uh huh." The Voice countered. With each of her children she seemed to reveal a different side of herself. Amun for example was privileged to see a playful affect she rarely displayed.

Allowing him all the time he needed to think, though it would seem he needed very little at all, the Voice nodded. "Prevent shifting." She mused. "Oh? A severe disadvantage?" The Voice grinned teasingly. "Even with your ability to work metal, your speed, your charm?" She tutted softly. "And you're quite sure this is what you want? It might make others...displeased. If they know you're the one doing it, of course." The Voice added with a wink.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"Uh huh," Amun replied in exactly the same tone as the Voice. However, despite the twinkle of humor in his eyes, his devotion to his goddess was clear.

Chuckling, he shrugged. "Alright, fine, just a little disadvantage. Although if I could avoid them knowing it was me doing it, so much the better." He winked back.

Then his eyes narrowed, equal parts playful and fierce. "Making others annoyed with me seems to be a specialty of mine. Besides, if they don't attack me, they've got nothing to worry about."

Taking a deep breath, he nodded firmly. "Which is a long and convoluted way of saying, yes, I'm sure." Which he most definitely was.
amun

Coding base by Sky!