Training [SE] wrists straight, thumbs in
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
Finding loopholes is a skill. Gotta know the laws if yer gonna break ‘em.

Unfortunately for me, I seem to continue to have fights with air-magic users and for the second time in as many spars, there’s dust and grit in my eyes. An’ whatever comes out of me at that familiar sting is more like a growl as I fight the instinct to use my hands to try an’ get it all outta my eyes. Except this time, I don’t have’a knife to keep my opponent away from me. So while I blink furiously an’ try to see through the watery half-blindness, I try to keep my distance from Kel, trying to move away when (and if) he moves forward, at least until I can see more clearly, my eyes surely red and irritated as I look around.

‘Onestly, I’m beginning to think I outta get me some kinda air-magic weapon. With all the sand an’ dirt around here, it’d be really useful.
quid pro quo
ain't nothin in this life for free
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Ah! Sorry, sorry!" the young hunter wheezed, still trying to get his own breath back. "I'm not... they don't always... do what they're told..." It was a weak excuse and he knew it, wincing in sympathy and embarrassment at having lost control like a panicked child.

But he was also getting better at keeping his feet, so the training was doing some good, even if he'd just lost the chance to make another friend with his foolish display.

Cheeks burning with shame he drew in a full breath at last, even as Raza seemed to catch sight of him again through her reddened eyes. He didn't feel much like fighting anymore, but since she hadn't called off the bout he tried to carry on, ducking his own shoulder and attempting to rush her back into the ropes at the side of the ring, trying to learn the move she'd used against him a few moments earlier.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Though he doesn’t know it, I ain’t about to call this one off, on account’a I called the last one with Saiden off. Especially when he starts apologizing. It’ll have to be him. My invisible ego can’t take it. An’ theres a reputation to maintain, so… we keep goin’ at it. Right now it just makes sense to keep dodging until I can really, truly see again. It registers that he’s lowered himself, and I’m hoping that he’s so focused on trying to hit my middle part that he doesn’t really pay attention to my feet. I try to dodge far enough to the side to avoid his shoulder, putting my foot out at the same time, trying to trip him. It ain’t nice, especially if he doesn’t catch himself with his hands, but it’s a move I seen on the streets plenty’a times. An’ often ends things before they get too big.
quid pro quo
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Mostly Kel was afraid of disappointing the bar owner, figuring his own pride was already in tatters after accidentally falling back on his magic instead of fighting fairly. It only occurred to him after he'd given Raza a few seconds to recover that maybe he should have set those ground rules at the beginning, or at least checked to see what her idea of fairness was, but it was too late now. He was already committed and it was an all-or-nothing rush at his opponent in the hopes of taking her down and ending the match.

Except that she was just a little faster than he was, a little better balanced on her feet, and a lot more experienced - even if that experience was mostly watching other fights break out in the streets of her hometown.

He felt a brush of fabric against his shoulder, enough to let him know that he'd almost hit her, but most of his attention was on the foot that had appeared between his own, tangling him and tumbling him to the ground with a yelp. He managed to hit on his shoulder and roll with it, but he ended up flat on his back with his arms splayed out to the sides, looking up wide-eyed at the tall woman who'd brought him down. "I give," he called, not wanting to get stepped on in such a vulnerable position.

He pushed himself up with a faint wince as his hip throbbed from the first kick he'd taken. "I... thanks," he offered with a shy grin as he stood and dusted himself off. "Not what I expected to learn today but... it was good. I needed this."
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
I’m rather unaware of the turmoil going on in the Kel’s head, though even if I had been, I ain’t sure my type’a reassurance would’ve done any good.

Anyway, I ain’t sure I could’a re-created this fight with anyone else. Yeah, things turned out more or less in my favor, but it’s probably more ‘im than me. I think. As he falls and rolls, I hold my position to see what happens, and like many animals, he shows ‘is belly and gives. We’re all just animals in the end, ain’t we? As soon as ‘e says that, I shift and wince bit at my hip, but offer ‘im my hand on the way up if he wants some assistance.

“Me either,” I say with a chuckle, duckin’ in between the ropes to get outta the ring. “But yeah, it was good. Made me think.” There’s some water jugs by the wall an’ I go to pour us both some cups, wipin’ away the sweat from my forehead. Mentally assessin' everything goin' on, I'm surprised to feel a little invigorated right now instead of tired. Also hungry. God, breakfast sounds so good right now.
quid pro quo
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Hunter

Change author:
He took the hand gratefully, glad of the assist to his balance so he didn't have to put quite as much weight on the bruised hip. It would fade in a few days, but this first day was going to be a bit sore and he wasn't so fond of pain that he'd wallow in it if he had any choice in the matter.

Kel followed the bar owner's lead, exiting the ring now that the bout was finished and trailing after her towards the water, glad of the drink and the breather. "Yeah. I learned a few new tricks." And, now that he thought about it, how to fight back if he ever ended up with his hands tied. Hopefully not a skill he'd ever need... but not a bad one to have just in case.

His stomach rumbled pointedly after the water hit it and he grinned sheepishly, reaching up to ruffle his black hair back into place. "I'll stop by the bar soon," he promised. "To talk about that favor." And get the drink to go with it. "See you around?"
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
My stomach gurlges right after his, causing a huff of quite amusement. I hope Saiden’s is open, I need somethin’ fit for a deckhand. Mmmm, maybe something with rice and beans and plantains.

“Sounds good,” I nod after finishing the water and going to collect my things. “Come by after LongNight, we’re slammed the whole week through.” It’s the most hectic time of the year an’ if it ain’t urgent, it can wait. Giving Kel a little polite wave as I leave the boxing ring, I’ve soon got other things on my mind as I begin to think about the rest of my day, my feet seeming to automatically know the path to Saiden’s.

{Fin!}
quid pro quo
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!