Personal Quest bend but don't break
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It was past time that the Fae reclaim their roots as warriors. Her people had grown soft, and they had suffered too many losses as a result. No more. Alina had gathered what supplies she could, then wrote a note on the Notice Board to call for help.

Now she stood in a clearing on the outskirts of the Sidhe Village. There were ropes and straw and wood and practice weapons and all number of supplies next to her. Standing with her hands clasped behind her back, she stood, ramrod straight, waiting to see who, if anyone, would show up to help her with this endeavor.

This is a PQ to set up a training ground for the Fae! There is one open spot

1. Nephele
2. Ianto
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
You always liked the taste of blood
and i get off when i point the gun
Admittedly, Nephele has never been much of a warrior. Eriadne had always been more inclined to that particular path, and though she had forced Nephele to spar with her a few times a year under the pretense of keeping in basic shape (Nephele still thinks it was just to lord her strength over her twin) the botanist had never sought out additional mentorship or training.

With the weight of her weapons upon her wrists, now eternally present in her waking moments, Nephele must admit that she can no longer ignore this particular skill. The cause she has taken up is far too important. And as such she finds herself lowering down beside Alina, copper wings glinting in the greyish light of winter's overcast skies. Silent but nodding amiably to her budding Chief (still in the works of course, but this is a start). Making it more than clear that she is here to assist.
it's so good to have someone
to be so very bad with
NEPHELE
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Ianto
Ianto was absolutely not a warrior in even the slimmest of regards. And yet, even he had noticed, as of late, the dire straits that the Fae seemed to be in. And thus, here he was, having seen the notice, deciding to toddle along and see what was what.

"I'm good for a bit of target practice, if you reckon I'm the target," he said, having to trudge through the village in the snow to reach the place that Alina had indicated. The fox was bundled up, and markedly ginormous next to the Fae, but if there was one thing Arduinna had left him, it was the ability to live comfortably in the Sidhe Village.

"But if I can help in other ways, just let me know."

Coding base by Sky!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Nephele's presence wasn't a surprise, but it was most welcome. Nodding back, Alina reached out to firmly clasp the other woman's shoulder. "Thank you for coming."

As the man spoke up, the huntress turned. Narrowing her eyes at him, she scowled a bit. However, her tone, when she spoke, was carefully neutral. "You're not the target." A yet hovered unspoken in the air between them.

Still, when it became clear no one else was going to show up, she sighed. "Nephele, either you or I need to work on an aerial obstacle course." She gestured at the ropes and nets and hoops that she'd brought, so that the Fae could work on more advanced flying techniques.

"One of us should clear the ground." It was covered in weeds and the footing was uneven, which was why the hoe and the shovel were there. "We also need to construct weapons racks and training dummies." She glanced between the other two, fully intending to take whatever task remained.

No post order! One person should work on the aerial obstacle course, one person should clear the ground, and one person should work on building the weapons racks and making the training dummies.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Ianto
"Well, isn't that good to hear," Ianto said with a smile that flashed his gold teeth. "Since there's no one else coming, I suppose I'll help clear the ground. I have no wings - not in a form you'd find useful - and I am not a fighter, madam." With a roguish little bow, he went ahead to approach the tough and frozen ground they were to work with.

The hoe and shovel could wait, however - Ianto shifted into a much fluffier form, the red fox sniffing about and digging up weeds with claws much better suited to the task. Once he was finished with that, he'd shift back to even out the ground.

Ianto decides to clear the ground, using a combination of the tools provided and his fox shift.

Coding base by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Nephele tilts a curious, birdlike head at Ianto as he arrives. They had planted Vi's roses together, and she had found herself quite fond of the man. It is therefore no hardship to work alongside him, and she preens subtly beneath Alina's hand as it comes to rest upon her shoulder. "I am yours to command," she responds firmly in both response and expectation for duties. Alina will be a fine Chief, and she proves it even now.

Duties do come, eventually. Ianto is restricted to his tasks with his flightless form, but Nephele joins him upon the earth nevertheless. Alina surely has a vision in her mind of the flight course, and Nephele is reluctant to fail to live up to it. Instead, she employs her engineering knowledge to begin constructing dummies. First, basic human shapes. Making the first one around the middle ground between her stature and Ianto's, who towers above both women. Dummies first, then weapons rack. It's the best plan she can think of.

Nephele begins building human-shaped dummies first!
to be so very bad with
NEPHELE
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
Alina nodded as the other two opted to stay on the ground. Grabbing some rope, she flew up towards the canopy. However, it might've been better if she stayed on the ground, because things did not get off to a good start.

First, Ianto's efforts backfired spectacularly. The weeds proved to be more firmly rooted than anyone had realized, and so he just managed to toss dirt everywhere without actually pulling anything out. The grounds now looked even worse than when he'd started perhaps because he'd rolled a nat 1.

At least Nephele was able to get a little work done on the dummies. However, a little was the key: she barely managed to finish one, and she still had quite a few left. Between that and the weapons racks, she had a lot left to do.

Luckily, Alina's work up above went entirely smoothly. In fact, she was shocked at how well it went. Hanging hoops for Fae to fly through and nets for them to avoid, along with markers to for quick turns and twists around trees, she managed to construct half the course in one go.

No post order!

Ianto critically failed at pulling out weeds, and just managed to make the grounds worse
Nephele succeeded at constructing a dummy
Alina critically succeeded at constructing the aerial obstacle course, which is now halfway completed
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
Well, that didn’t go to plan at all, did it? Ianto found himself shifted back on two legs, admiring the sorry state of the ground and the damage his paws had done to it. Rubbing at the back of his head, he glanced around surreptitiously to see whether either of his Fae friends (yeah, right) had noticed. When he thought the coast was clear, the fox took up the shovel and the hoe and went at it with a more human approach.

He worked more slowly this time, making sure to pull weeds properly, and filling in the patches and holes created by his earlier overzealous efforts. Hopefully this time it wouldn’t be nearly as disastrous.

Ianto tries again, this time with the shovel and the hoe so he can’t ruin things so much with his fox claws.

Coding base by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
Nephele can't help the slight snort of amusement that leaves her at Ianto's miserable luck, biting down on her lip to prevent it from worsening and reaching his ears. Her own efforts are slow, slower than she would have liked admittedly, but at least progress is made. A singular dummy standing solid and expressionless before her with a few moments worth of toil.

Glancing above, Nephele notes Alina is making far swifter progress than the rest of them. Not normally an overtly competitive spirit, Nephele nonetheless buckles down to try and make more dummies at a faster pace without sacrificing their quality or stability.

Neph keeps making dummies!
to be so very bad with
NEPHELE
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
Despite Ianto's knack for navigating the Sidhe Village and the Fae in general, he didn't have the same skill at weeding, apparently. Even with the shovel, his careful efforts failed entirely and he managed to ruin things as much with the tools as he did with his claws. Although the weeds were winning this fight, the real loser was the ground, which was now riddled with holes and covered in piles of dirt.

At least Nephele, now that she had the hang of making dummies, actually had some success. She managed to complete all the rest of the dummies, and they stood proudly where she set them. She was free to move on to the weapon's racks as originally planned, or she could go rescue Ianto from his woes.

Up above, Alina snorted as she saw the damage the merchant had done to her training ground. Shaking her head, she returned her focused to her work. This time, she wasn't quite as productive, but she still managed to finish a decent chunk of the course.

No post order! The weapons racks need to be built and the grounds need to be weeded, cleaned, and made level

Ianto critically failed at weeding again
Nephele succeeded at building dummies, and completed them. She is free to move on to another task
Alina succeeded at building the next part of the course
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
Nephele does not preen outwardly at her success, but she certainly does internally. They are strong, sturdy creations that have come to fruition beneath her hands, and she is eager to see them put to use by her kin. Though that won't be a possibility if Ianto does not receive some measure of help, lest he tear the earth down to bedrock.

Nephele is tempted to begin working on the weapons rack and leave him to his devices, but she is not as exclusionary as her brethren, and she must be the paragon of open-mindedness if she is to save her people. Starting here is no hardship, with a man she already is content to be around.

Walking closer, she takes up one of the tools, and gives a wry arch of her brow that does not conceal the twitch of her lips. "What's the worst extra hands could do?" A lot, but hopefully it won't come to that. Instead she assists the man with her own efforts, hoping to save what he has done and turn it into a functional bit of earth.
to be so very bad with
NEPHELE
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto
”How in the...” Ianto’s expression was utterly perplexed as he examined the mess he had made of his part of the work, the fox rubbing at the back of his head with fingers chafed by the cold. Glancing up at Nephele’s approach, he nodded and let out a soft snort. ”Don’t say that, the weeds might hear you,” he cautioned her, redoubling his efforts with the tools. Hopefully with the extra help they could make a difference to the place before Alina took his head off.

Ianto keeps trying to weed, which might well cause his doom.

Coding base by Sky!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
Unsurprisingly, with some assistance from a Fae, Ianto was finally able to get actual work done or maybe his luck finally changed. Alina watched with some satisfaction as, between Nephele and the fox, the weeds finally got pulled out of the ground. Assuming they could figure out the rest on their own, she returned her attention to the obstacle course.

Once again, her own work went incredibly smoothly. Indeed, she completed the rest of the course without any problems at all. Flitting down to the ground, she surveyed the remaining tasks. "I'll take care of the weapons racks." It came out in a firm tone, and she flew over to them to do just that.

Nephele and Ianto succeeded at weeding! The ground has now been cleared of weeds.
Alina succeeded at building the aerial course! It has been completed.

The ground still needs to be leveled and the weapons racks constrcuted.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
At least four hands seem to get the job done better than two. Giving a quirk of a smile towards Ianto, Nephele dusts off her hands of dirt and debris and spins on her heel to give the rest of the grounds an overview. Alina seems to have completed her portion of the aerial course, and as she flies down to join them Nephele nods at the claim of task she mentions.

With the remaining tools at their disposal, and quite a few holes now apparent from where the weeds had been pulled out, that leaves only one job left for herself and Ianto. Getting to work moving the weeds out of the way, she arms herself with a small hand rake to patch over the holes first before she moves onto a larger tool to help level the ground as a whole.

Nephele begins clearing up the weeds and leveling the ground.
to be so very bad with
NEPHELE