Drop -insert jaws theme here-

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Between Zuriel and Amun, Osozo was back to normal, so quickly, so easily that it almost seemed like nothing had happened at all, and isn't that an interesting thought for a different time. Carried as they are, they don't really get much choice in where to go, what they do, but they do mumble a quiet protest to Amun's words, their brows pulling together. "If there was someone to take care of it..."  As a new life themself, it seemed like an unnecessary cruelty, when the mother had already perished.

Amun was already moving by the time an idea occurred to them, Osozo twisting just a little to call out to the tall stranger, who had offered the unicorn, who had created the ice. "Can you make metal? If there's metal around it, it will stick to me!" Perhaps a desperate gamble, but it felt like a creative use of something that had simply been a hassle up until this point. Regardless of if their request happens or not, they do their best to keep an eye out for anything rising beneath Amun, prepared to reach out, hopefully with enough speed to touch any landsharks before they have a chance to bite.

Osozo asks if Deimos can create metal around the faun so they can take advantage of their passive magnetism. They also watch for cresting landsharks, ready to use their glitch ability to keep Amun safe

Magic: Glitch | Via touch, can affect a hand-sized area of organic material. All sensory abilities dramatically diminish for roughly 1 minute (or 1-post). Skin feels tingly-numb, circulation slows, eyes would lose focus, tongues and lips would lose sensation, and association motor-functions would become sluggish and difficult.
Type: Dark | Rank: Basic
OSOZO
I've been having the strangest dreams, baby
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
It's taken a lifetime to lose my way
All the wasted time on my hands turns to sand
More chaos; though of the expected variety. A landshark snagged at Amalia, though it seemed she was no worse for wear, Osozo managed to be healed (something to behold, maybe, for an instant, thoughts roaming back to Abasi and the ill-fated evening), and the creatures took their meal, the doe snagged underground, gone.

Then there was only the fawn, wrapped in the ice he’d coiled around it, perhaps only shielded from witnessing its mother’s slaughter.

He could hear Amun. He could understand the considerations.

But he didn’t want to lower the shield.

Torn amidst the in between, the other Ascended, one previously mended by Zuriel, extended another possibility. The furrow of his brows lifted, eyes going back over to the fawn, and then to Osozo, not pondering over the abilities of others, since he couldn’t explain where half of his originated. “I can,” and he nodded, gaze riveted over the plain.

With intense concentration, Deimos stepped beside Amalia and in front of Aisha, providing another guard, while his machinations conjured and appealed. The beast did follow Amun’s instructions with lowering the ice, but only for a moment, inveigling creation, fire, and earth into crafted metal, intending to replace the previous enchantments with the metal orchestrations.

--

Deimos steps beside Amalia and in front of Aisha, and lowers the ice shield. He tries to replace it with a metal shield around the fawn, per Osozo’s plan.

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Fire Manipulation: Can create and control flames. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Dark | Rank: Mastered

Base Creation: When combined with Mastered Air, Mastered Earth, Mastered Water, and Mastered fire, can create 2 magical items per season (with admin approval). Without mastering the four elements, can create well-made complex machines, and an unlimited number of regular items per thread limited by endurance stat. Small items last their natural lifespan. Medium and large items degrade after a season. Complex machines (a telescope, music box, etc) must be created with the knowledge of the character (i.e., cannot create a machine you don't understand/wouldn't be able to build with relevant tools)
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
and I knew how could she not
The rock sailed overhead, crashing against a beast just as it'd emerged from the ground. A success, but she was stopped from continuing her assault when Amalia stepped in front of her. At first she scowls, frustration brimming at the groups unwillingness to help the mother. A rumbling and breach caught her attention, she barely had time to yelp at the other woman before the largest shark caught at her leg. The creature disappeared, and any irritation she'd felt towards Amalia was shifted to worry, and gratitude.

She reached out an arm to steady the other if need be, glancing up and over her shoulder to watch as the sharks tore the doe to shreds, then with a surreal and sickening thump she crumpled beneath the snowy earth. A shard of regret pierced her, that she hadn't been able to save the mother, but past her stubborn front she'd known it was a futile attempt. The child still lived, encased in ice thanks to Deimos, and per Osozo's instruction the ice began to mend to metal.

Amun's suggestion was once again taken poorly by the group, but his action made Aisha bristle. "Stop it you dolt! Let the fawn live, it may not survive but we can try!" she called out past Deimos and Amalia.

Aisha stops attacking the sharks, and tries to get Amun to leave the fawn alone.
she could have anyone she wants
AISHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
don't make a shadow of yourself, always shutting out the light
Everything is calm for a moment, the luxere shielded and the sharks subsided. Amalia exhales a sigh of relief, taking a step toward the enclosed fawn- and then stops, hearing Amun's words, alarm rising in her eyes.

"Amun, wait! The fawn doesn't have to die!" Amalia tries to grab for Amun's arm before he can let off the flashbang, familiar with its effects and confused as to why he sees this as a need. "It can be saved- it's wrong to harm a luxere! The herd won't protect as well." Letting nature take its course is one thing; purposefully injuring a luxere is another. The danger to the people of the grounds, the loss of life without purpose when the sharks have subsided... it makes no sense to her why he would do this, and she can only hope to prevent it long enough to save the little fawn.

Amalia tries to block Amun's flashbang before it can daze the fawn

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
There are times when the unseen can be even more dangerous than what our eyes behold
Wouldn't it be nice if that was the end?

It kind of is. With no clear actions against the landsharks they seem to disappear, taking their prey and sinking into the earth below. Is it over? Is everything done?

Haha, oh no.

Multiple things happen at once:
  • Amun's flashbang goes off
  • Amalia and Aisha succeed in sending it veering off in another direction.
  • Deimos changes his ice shield for a metal one.
  • Osozo pulls the metal orb within about 10 feet of their body, but before that.
  • From inside the orb, a clanging and thrashing sound can be dimly heard.
  • And three last landsharks rise out of the earth, nipping at the ankles of Deimos and Aisha before vanishing again- and luckily for them, not doing any damage besides looking appropriately ferocious.

Uh oh! Watcha gonna do?

Amun attacks the luxere fawn with a flashbang and is BLOCKED!
3 landsharks attack and all MISS!

Amun: 120/120
Deimos: 340/340
Osozo: 10/10
Aisha: 26/26
Amalia: 405/420

Luxere doe: 0/100 - dead
Luxere fawn: ??/10

You have 48 hours to reply
Random Event
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
As his flash bang was blocked and everyone ganged up on him, Amun growled in annoyance. Retreating back as several landsharks came their way, which was awkward while he was still holding Osozo, he tried to get to a safe distance. Coming to a stop, he practically glared at everyone around him.

"Have you ever seen someone try to raise a fawn that's lost its mother? It doesn't work." He gritted his teeth. "It's going to be a long, slow death from starvation as opposed to a quick one from predation. But the choice is yours." Almost petulantly, he kicked at a rock on the ground, trying to send it at the metal cage holding the fawn despite his words about it being their choice.

Still holding Osozo, Amun tries to kick a rock at the cage (or the fawn)
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
It's taken a lifetime to lose my way
All the wasted time on my hands turns to sand
Machinations and ploys at work, he riveted his concentration upon the enchantments pervading and extending, rather than the arguments at play. The landsharks too were a distant haze, kicking out at his ankles nipped out of instinct, his eyes not leaving the metal orb around the fawn as he ensured it remained in place. The crash and bang from within resounded, and he sought to apply some sort of padding within the structure utilizing creation magic.

However, listening to Amun once more, the arguments seemed moot in their progression. Someone could take responsibility for it, just as others had done with newborn, frail, or insecure companions – it didn’t seem out of the range of likelihood, now that they’d been able to snag it closer and closer to them. The lecture might have made his eyes roll, mostly because Amun's attempts at remaining out of it didn’t seem to be true. Instead, the Sword shrugged, rumbling tones stretching over the expanse. “Then leave,” he uttered towards the Ascended. A simple solution.

Then his eyes narrowed as the rock clambered through the ether, and he unleashed his earthen incantations again, attempting to cease and gain control of the stone before it could assault anything with impending, petulant impacts.

--

Deimos tries to use Creation Magic to try and make padding within the metal orb for the fawn.

He also tries to use his Earth Magic to try and stop Amun’s rock from hitting the orb.

Base Creation: When combined with Mastered Air, Mastered Earth, Mastered Water, and Mastered fire, can create 2 magical items per season (with admin approval). Without mastering the four elements, can create well-made complex machines, and an unlimited number of regular items per thread limited by endurance stat. Small items last their natural lifespan. Medium and large items degrade after a season. Complex machines (a telescope, music box, etc) must be created with the knowledge of the character (i.e., cannot create a machine you don't understand/wouldn't be able to build with relevant tools)
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The combined efforts of Aisha and Amalia misdirected Amun's attack, the flashbang veering away from the metal encasing and crackling elsewhere. Her gaze returned to the man once she'd watched the attack fizzle, glaring angrily at him. She was distracted for a moment when the earth beneath her grumbled, but the sound went away, and hopefully that was the last they'd see of the land sharks.

Deimos expressed her sentiment towards Amun in far fewer and less cruel words than she would've, though her glower said it all. She chose to ignore him this time, rather than spitting out more choice words than she needed to, and instead looked back to the orb and the fawn. It struggled in it's cage, hopefully not causing itself too much harm. Aisha ran a stressed hand through her hair and glanced to the group, "Is there any way we could sedate it, maybe with an attuned ability or something? Then we could just carry it somewhere safe," she suggested, though not sure how to go about it.

Aisha asks if they know any way to calm down the fawn so it doesn't hurt itself in the orb.
AISHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
don't make a shadow of yourself, always shutting out the light
"Jyoti had not family, no mother. Would you have let her die, too?" Amalia's frustration is obvious, her eyes fixed in a glare against her friend. It's only Aisha's question that pulls her away, attention returning to the captive fawn. With a curt nod the Shield agrees, striding toward the orb. "I can speak to it. Deimos, will you let it out?" Mentally she calls out soft and soothing; It's okay, little one. Be calm.

Amalia attempts to soothe the fawn in the cage

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:

Amun’s answer felt awful, felt like something angry and upset, and even if the faun didn’t die eventually, if it did starve, wasn’t trying worth more than anything else? Osozo wriggled out of the other ascendeds grip, refusing to accept it, and ran, hands out, half to try and head off any possible subterranean attacks, and half so they were ready to scoop up the metal ball with the faun in it, so they didn’t have to break their stride, didn’t have to slow.

And if they did grab it, the metal magnetized, they would turn, not willing to be still for too long, not after one attack, and sprinted back to what felt like the relative safety of the group, one hand coming out to tug Amun along as they passed by him.

Osozo runs to scoop up the faun ball, and sprints back to rejoin the group
OSOZO
I've been having the strangest dreams, baby

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
There are times when the unseen can be even more dangerous than what our eyes behold
Did you think shark week just ended? Oh ducklings, no. Shark week is't just one-off adventure.

For one of you, shark week is about to become a way of life.

So much bickering and arguing and magic. So many plans and emotions and egos. Save the fawn! Kill the fawn! Stick the fawn to your like a baby and run away! But did any of you ever stop to think that maybe you should go and check on the fawn? That being in a metal bubble is bad for something that breathes oxygen?

That it might not be alone?

Crack! Whether because of Osozo's jostling or Deimos becoming distraction or Amun's rock doesn't matter in the end- what matters is that all at once the metal sphere cracks like an egg, dropping to the ground and falling neatly in two, and the image is, well, grisly. The padding so thoughtfully made by Deimos has been utterly torn to shreds, and whatever color it used to be, it is now stained red with blood. The fawn - what's left of it - is mangled and nearly unrecognizable.

And in the middle of the desecration, a tiny, toothy, adorable little murderbeast peers at you all with sleepy eyes before fixating on Amun and wagging its grey tail.

Congratulations to the new daddy- it's a shark!

Congratulations Amun for winning the Landshark companion drop! Your companion has the following ability (subject to tweaking): Airbending- landshark can float and survive in the air for up to 10 minutes, before needing to resubmerge.

Please let us know when you've decided on a name for your companion!

Here is the random roll for the drop. Your character received +1 name inclusion for directly helping the sharks, and -1 for directly hindering them.

Thanks for participating in this drop!
Random Event
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Rolling his eyes at their responses, Amun backed up a bit. "Fine. I'll watch." However, when Osozo leapt off him, he reached out for them. "Osozo don—" but it turned out to be a moot point as the metal cracked open, revealing a dead fawn.

Sighing, he shook his head and started to turn and go. Then his eyes widened as an alien, but welcome presence invaded his mind. Turning, he met the gaze of a baby shark that had remained behind when its companions had departed.

Walking forward, he held his hand out for it. It swam forward, nipping at his fingers playfully. "Hi there little guy." How he knew the shark's sex, the potter couldn't say, but he did, the certainty flooded his mind along with his link to the little creature. "Are you...are you mine?" The wonder and awe in the Ascended's voice was usually reserved for, well, the Voice.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Amalia tried as Aisha suggested, offering calming words to the baby in it's metal bassinet. But that didn't get them very far, for after a couple moments as Osozo neared the orb, it cracked. Just like that Deimos's incantations were shattered, leaving a gruesome and unfortunate sight. As well as something else, something that almost made Aisha laugh if not for the fact that it'd eaten the baby they'd tried so hard to protect.

A shark. A pearly toothed bloody faced baby, just as precious as the fawn and just as vicious as it's family. She attempted to hold the smile from her lips, because no it wasn't funny at all! But it'd happened and there was little they could do about it, and god was it ironic. She was even more surprised when Amun stepped towards it, cooing at it like it was his own, and the thing responded not with teeth and rumbling earth, but happy nippings and chirps.

Her mouth agape, Aisha tried to figure out what'd just happened, her brain finally landing on, companion. A look of awe, and maybe jealousy (because who doesn't want a shark in their brain) was given to the ascended as he spoke with his new creature, his little beastie. Well, she was no longer required here, and hunting no longer seemed all that appealing today. So with a long, exasperated huff of air, she shifted back into her leopard skin and sauntered away, back home to tell Oliver about how crazy the day had been.

Aisha is out! Congrats Amun sorry Aisha called u a dolt ;D
AISHA