A Solitary Flower
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you will always be a monster
there is no turning back from it
There is little else she can do but wait, anticipating Juniper's reaction, the deliverance of the other woman's decision. Letting her actions be judged upon a scale whose predilections she does not know, and hoping in the end she is found worthy. Time seems to lag and limp along as she kneels there. It's agonizing, but it's a discomfort she's willing to experience if it means taking Juniper beneath her wing. Already she can feel the buddings of a desire to protect, to bring close. After seeing firsthand Juniper's wariness and deeply seeded hurt Nephele can't deny how badly she wants to fix things for the younger Fae. This has taken on a distinctly more personal edge, but that has never bothered Nephele before.

So consumed in the waiting, she jolts a little when Juniper stands and offers her hands, taking them without a second thought and allowing herself to be pulled back to her feet. Nephele squeezes her hands while they're connected, relief and joy breaking through across her pretty face at the agreement. The passionate, hopeful response is more than she could have asked for. "I believe in you, and in what we can do together. Thank you, Juniper." Smiling brightly, Nephele looks into Juniper's eyes and she can almost see the brighter future that they will bring to their people reflected back at her. "I was thinking we could speak with the leaders of the other lands, and see if we could host their celebration - Fiat Lux - this year. Would you be interested in helping me facilitate that?" It would certainly involve a lot of speaking to their fellow rulers, ascertaining their traditions and spreading word of the change if it was agreed to. A great place to start, in her opinion.
but what type of monster you become
is entirely up to you
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper couldn't help returning Nephele's smile. Privately, she still had misgivings -- less specific concerns and more a general feeling of uncertainty, of dread even. But she had agreed now, so she'd push those aside and do he best.

"Yes, I can do that." While she agreed immediately, Juniper had to then take a moment to consider the merits of the idea itself. Hosting Fiat Lux for the outsiders ... Well, it would certainly make an impression. It wouldn't happen in Sidhe Village itself, she assumed, and as long as that were the case, she was willing enough to share the Greatwood, at least for one festival. Perhaps the Sea of Branches would be a good site.

She had no experience whatsoever organizing events, of course. But if she were going to be some sort of diplomat, she needed to gain that experience -- such an offer should be a fairly friendly way to introduce herself to outsiders. "I can speak to the outsiders' leaders if you wish. But ... I don't actually know who they are."
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you will always be a monster
there is no turning back from it
"If need be I can ask for a meeting. But it may be worthwhile to ask the humans about their favored parts of Fiat Lux in the meantime, to try and replicate those experiences. I'm uncertain how long it will take for the leaders to respond to me." Unaware that they would be the ones to summon her before her hands would even touch the paper necessary. It's a gamble, to plan for Fiat Lux on the assumption they can win the rights to host it, but Nephele is confident after witnessing the devastation of the year prior. Being there firsthand makes her inclined to guess that she can at least convince it away from the Hollowed Grounds.

"There have been some changes lately, I'm only aware of Torchline's Governor, Remi. I'll do a little digging." It's a promise, not wanting to leave the full weight of this entire event on Juniper's shoulders. They're in this together, and Nephele plans on proving that. Together, they will surely host the best Fiat Lux that will ever take place in the Greatwood's borders.

- FIN
but what type of monster you become
is entirely up to you