A Different Kind of Demon Hunting [OPEN]
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The lorekeeper frowned slightly in regret at not having the information he desired, but it was a passing disappointment. He had at least learned more than he knew before, and that was better than nothing!

His own memory was excellent, but he himself had once known spells to befuddle or steal memories. He wasn't proud of that, but it had made him aware of how ephemeral even powerful memories could be. And that didn't take into consideration potential head injuries or fevers that could damage the mind as well as the body. Some things, of course, were too dangerous to be written down, but others... others benefitted from being recorded, not only to organize thoughts more coherently but to serve as a back up in case of catastrophe. Then, too, the pages of notes could be unbound from the journal and rearranged in new patterns to trigger the eye and make new connections that might have gone unnoticed with a literally different point of view on the information.

He went back to searching the shelves as they spoke, and his attention fixed intently on the book he had snagged. "Hmm? he managed politely, only half-listening. "Yes, of course, I'm fluent in a number of languages from my home. I'm a fairly decent linguist, but I've already catalogued a dozen different languages in books here - none of which I speak. Yet," he added absently. "I've been working on one in particular but--ah!" He flipped a page to a rough charcoal drawing of a creature that walked on two legs but had an air of almost-decay about it, fiercely taloned and appearing on the edge of death.

"Does this match the description your friend gave?" he asked eagerly.