under the veil of the dark age
Vai~
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i lost all the air in my lungs to the screamin'
i lost all the love in my heart to the demons
He tries to get his bearings, dark eyes blinking before he’s suddenly moving. He has no energy left to fight the way she moves his wings in around him, the way she wraps the remains of his shirt around his small body, but he does have enough to leave room for one bat claw to stick up from each arm over the fabric as she cradles him.

A tongue darts out as he listens to her offer for drinks, abso-fucking-lutely taking her up on that. But he listens, half wanting to tell her that Remi is his boss now, but unable to. All he can do is watch her with his dark gaze as they walk, the claws atop the fabric tapping lightly as if to ask her to continue, to learn more about Northaven where he can. All he had were what Remi, Ronin, Phoebe, and Loren have mentioned, and much of it seemed biased as the rest. But he didn’t know Vai, didn’t know a thing about who she was or where she fit in when it came to that other world, and it keeps his attention.
i lost all the things that i used to believe in
i lost everything for no goddamn reason
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
Stealing a glance down at him, Vai couldn't not smirk at the dark eyed bat watching her, a far cry from the man she'd shot in the fucking neck but let's not think about that now. "He was lost in the woods, the first time I came across him," she explained about Remi. "Different man to the one you probably know. Though I don't know how you know him, obviously."

The jungle thinned out to the coastline, and Vai shifted her bow on her shoulder while being careful not to jostle the Attuned in her arms. "Not long now," she said. "Do you have someone to keep an eye on you, when we get there? You can just... blink, or whatever." She grinned.

Regardless of his answer, it wasn't too long before the lighthouse peeped up over the horizon. Vai moved swiftly past it, towards the governor's house and the other homes clustered around it. "Which one do you live in...?" she wondered.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
i lost all the air in my lungs to the screamin'
i lost all the love in my heart to the demons
He has seen Remi shift a few times — from the first time he’d met the Alchemist when he dumped a blight stricken Phoebe on his doorstep, when he’d met Oliver for the first time with the other man, when Remi had inadvertently been that stepping stone Sunjata needed to attune — however impulsive it might have been.

But he moves with her and blinks against the bright sunlight, the claw tapping against the fabric a bit more as his ears waver with the wind that blows through. Her question is met with a slow blink and a tap, even if he really didn’t want to show up that way, not after their recent conversation. But what else could the attuned do?

He spies the lighthouse, and with it the edge of his home next to Remi and Ronin’s, and he fidgets a small amount in her arms to poke a wing out to point toward his home — the one with wisteria draped all out front, through the garden and encroaching on the wrap around porch. Home, with only a fence between his and The Governor’s home.
i lost all the things that i used to believe in
i lost everything for no goddamn reason
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vervain
Vai followed the wing, tilting her head and having to double check that he was serious. "You live that close?" she said, a small laugh tumbling out of her. "Surprised I didn't meet you the first time I came up to visit." Still, at least it meant she knew where to go, Vai stepping in through the garden and running a finger through some of the wisteria, heading for the door.

"Well, thank you for suffering my carrying you up here like a child. You should be alright, just get plenty of rest and keep your fluids up - not booze, obviously." Smiling, she reached out to knock at the front door, waiting expectantly for an answer or for Sunjata to tell her she could just walk in.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
In Nate’s admittedly biased experience, knocks at the door never meant anything good. Here though, the sound out him especially on edge. Anybody he wanted around knew to just come right in, and he wasn’t exactly in the mood to deal with anyone else. There was a part of him that thought about not opening the door at all.

Thank god he was more curious than anything else.

Stranger, blood, bat... Jata. The only four thoughts that had a chance to register in Nate’s mind before he was reaching out to lift the bat and bloody shirt away from the woman, stepping deeper into the house. ”What happened?” He asked in a sharp, clipped tone, the only invitation she’d receive to follow him inside.

Theres a brief detour to grab a first aid kit from the kitchen, and then the bat was deposited, gently, on a sofa, Nate kneeling beside it. ”Kan jy omdraai?” He asked softly, giving what he was assuming was Sunjata a chance to respond and turning back to the woman, if she had chosen to follow.
grab your saints and pray
and we'll burn this world today
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
better get to diggin' while my body's getting cold.
i keep tryna fight it so just promise when i go, you'll bury me low
He does live this close to Remi, but at least she has an idea of where to go now. As for the alcohol? Well, he’s sure Nate will have a few things to say about it. And speaking of? A considerable amount of more ‘fuck, fuck, fuck’s slip into his mind of how this looks and what happened and their prior conversation going over exactly fucking this.

But Nate answers, and Sunjata’s stomach drops, the clipped tone he knows all too well. But he’s handed off into the arms of the Ascended briefly before being set on a couch, shifting back into himself now — shirtless because his shirt had been used as a patch and a bandage — his body still marred with blood. “Yeah.” He manages, the tang of iron still on his tongue.

So he turns, to give Nate the view of the wound once the Ascended removes the makeshift patch. “Shot with an arrow.” He offers, the best he can, dizziness taking over once more with his exertion, sure that Vai could answer it more in depth as he shuts his eyes tight.
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
Okay, cool, yeah. Vai didn't really get a chance to consider a greeting, or a summary of what had happened, an apology, or whatever else might have seemed polite, before the man-turned-bat was taken from her arms and an aloof stranger was carrying him off further into the house. She followed, only because she hadn't actually answered the question yet, but by the time she arrived and Sunjata was in his original form again, the situation was already pretty apparent - even if Vai only understood half the conversation.

"What he said. Hunting accident," she explained. "I took care of the injury as best I could. It should just need cleaning and bandaging properly now. He's lost blood, though, so no cartwheels for a while. I'll... leave you to it." Providing they didn't have any further questions for her, she'd see herself out so they could continue their discussion in private.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
Arrow in the neck and hunting accident both painted a very specific image, sent sharp blue eyes towards the stranger, anger only barely simmering below the surface. "No, hold on." He doesn't rise, doesn't actually move to stop her, hoping the tone of his voice will do that job for him. "You don't get to come to my home, drop off my injured partner, and then leave, just like that." He had questions, or he would, once he was done confirming what she'd said, and patching Sunjata up.

Or, maybe the questions would come while he worked. They bubbled up quickly enough, mostly variations of what the fuck, but he manages to force something sensible out, while he's digging through the first aid kit he'd grabbed, cool hands gentle as a bandage, as pressure is applied to the wound in Sunjata's neck. "Who are you?" As good a start as any, he supposes, and a reason for her to stay where she is, instead of waiting, hovering awkwardly.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Vai follows in, and Sunjata offers what he can while his head spins with the dizziness of the shifting back and forth. But at least he’s settled, if not for the pang in his neck, refraining from reaching up to touch it. It helps that Nate doesn’t leave just yet, as he remains knelt beside the couch. Sunjata reaches out with his other hand, trying to grasp onto Nate, almost feeling the tangible frustration in the air.

And silently thinking more and more ‘I fucked up’ over and over again until it’s too late and all the damage has already been done when Nate’s speaking to Vai. And there’s really nothing more that Sunjata can do, other than lay there and be good for Nate while he works to patch up the hole in his neck, feeling the pressure of his hand despite its gentleness as its pressed to the wound.
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
No, hold on.

The sharpness in his tone did give her pause, but he'd find the fire in his eyes returned by the huntress in the doorway. "A word of advice, then - overreaction is not a pretty look. And it gets people killed," she said quietly. If there had been any urgency then she'd hardly have knocked so calmly, or seemed so put together.

Leaning against the doorway as the man fussed and worked, Vai thought better than to let slip how the wound had looked previously. (Probably not a good idea, given the man's reaction so far). "Vervain Calob," she said. "A huntress from the Hollowed Grounds, and now the Greatwood. I know Remi from Northaven, and I came to visit him."
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
In any other situation, Nate would tell her where to stick her advice. In any other situation though, he wouldn't have been so snappish, wouldn't have gotten to this point. "Yea, well arrows in the neck get people killed too." He snaps instead, not particularly thinking this was an overreaction. This was the second time he's had to deal with this in as many weeks, and only a week after his spiral, his shattering over this exact worry. He's more than a little tender about it, so forgive him if he can't quite control his tone.

Though, the more he looks at the wound, the more it seems she's right. It looks bad, more than likely feels like hell, but it could have been a lot worse. Almost seems like it should have been a lot worse. The motions are the same though, disinfectant, a thick pad of gauze, and bandages to hold it all in place. "Nathaniel. I'd say it's a pleasure, but..." He shrugs, then turns to face her, still kneeling. His hand stays behind him, finding Sunjata's and squeezing, as hard as he dares. "What happened?" I'd think a huntress would be more careful remains unsaid, as much as he wants to be bitter.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He can hear the argument that goes on, and there’s some pang of frustration that pends within him. Because ultimately? It hadn’t really been her fault, he’d been an idiot going into the forest as his deer shift anyway, when he could’ve likely been a panther and avoided this whole incident. But, no. He had his impulsive idiot moment, and Nate has to pay for it again.

But gods if it didn’t hurt to speak as much, with the way his neck muscle shifts against his throat with it. “My fault.” He manages, though he does squeeze Nate’s shoulder, or wherever it is he’s managed to latch onto. “Nyala.” Hopefully Nate gets it, understands that he means that he was a fucking deer and she’s a hunter and he hadn’t thought that plan out at all. Hopefully it alleviates some of the worry, some of the frustration that’s hit the air.
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
"You're right - they do. Luckily I didn't overreact, so here we are," Vai quipped back, her tongue sharp and quicker than her mind would like in this moment. Still, as she watched the interaction with them, something twisted uncomfortably within her, some realisation or jealousy she didn't realise she'd been harbouring. Rubbing at her forehead with a hand stained with dry blood, she sighed.

"Sorry, Nathaniel," she muttered. "It's been a remarkably long morning." Then Sunjata piped up, with more words she didn't really understand (the fuck was a nyala?), but she got the impression he was trying to help. "I was out in the jungle, hunting game. Your partner was in shift, and didn't look so dissimilar to the deer in the Greatwood. I thought he was Torchline's version of them, and took a shot." She shrugged. "He shifted straight back. Obviously if I'd known he was Attuned I wouldn't have done it."
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
There's something like a sneer that threatens to cross his face, though he bites it back, focuses instead on the hand in his and tries, as hard as he can, to be civil.

All Nate can do is nod his agreement to the first point, the apology ignored for the moment. It has been a remarkably long morning, and there's not really an end in sight. Sunjata's few struggled words register far quicker than the rest of her explanation though, and it's all he needs to know to picture the accident. Fuck, maybe he'd been a bit too immediately harsh. He reaches up to pinch at the bridge of his nose, a sigh far longer than any person should be able to summon heaving out of him. And when he's through with it, he shakes his head, finally looking up at Vervain again.

"Alright." It comes out first, like somehow it sums up everything he should say. "That's... exactly the kind of stupidly unlucky thing that would happen. I... thank you, for bringing him here." A start, though he has to swallow a little bit of his pride for the next step. "And... sorry, for," a loose gesture fills in the word he doesn't have, "y'know. I just... didn't want to deal with this again so soon." And it's easy to throw the blame at a stranger, just so it can go somewhere.