clam clam clam clam clam clam clam
for Clem
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Her memories were beads jumbled loose in a box
So. Much. Has. Happened.

So. Much.

That's such an understatement!

From finding out an entire portal had opened to learning of a potentially evil goddess that threatened their very existence and could potentially destroy their home simply for a portal. Not to mention the fact that she had met an actual demi-god which let alone is a pretty damn big deal. She was also blinded temporarily and met so many new and strange two-legs and-

Wow.

It left Delta with taking a small break from seeing anyone, choosing to instead relax her mind and mull over all the information. Eventually, though, she grew restless and knew that she had to go back up to the surface for something. ANYTHING. So, she had made her way up to watch the sunset, leaning up against a rock so that she could prop up the upper half, watching it with a glimmer in her eyes. The dock was also rather close, allowing her to eavesdrop watch people go on an evening stroll. It wasn't too crowded this evening, so it was easy to pick out each individual person and watch them for a moment or two before shifting her eyes away once more.

It was surprising to see just how many people ignored her- how many eyes somehow cast over her and avoided spotting her. So many mouthbreathers seemingly lived in their own words, ignorant of anyone else. It's too bad, she was in the mood to do some trading today, but it seems she has come too late, her bag of items simply left alone. In this case, she had a belt of sorts with a small bag attached, allowing her free movement of her arms. Oh well, so is life.

Clemente
unstrung
DELTA
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Clemente
run, love
i'm the truth that you're afraid of
Clem is shamelessly using a parasol that day on the beach. The sunlight still bothers him a bit, though The Voice has assisted with that. He knows little about fashion - cares about it even less - and the Torchliner's are open minded enough to only stare at him briefly when he passes by. He spends the late afternoon exploring the beach, content to wait for the crowds to thin as the sun starts to dip towards the horizon. It is a beautiful sight, though while others are content to overlook the girl on the rock, Clemente has no such ability. His entire life has been devoted to attentiveness, to keeping track of everything around him in order to survive.

Which is why he is understandably concerned by the fact that, even from afar, the girl is clearly young and worryingly clinging to the rock. Frowning, Clem closes his parasol and sets it on the beach with his shoes, wandering to the shore and wading in up to his knees. "Y'okay miss?" At least Sunjata and Nate have taught him how to swim, in case he needs to jump in there and help.
i'm the fever that you can't get down
Just a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Her eyes were almost glued to the sunset, watching it with a faint, dream-like smile on her face. It was spectacular and one of her favorite parts about living in the ocean, but then something caught her eye. Out of the corner of her vision a human popped up and she turned her head towards him ever so slightly, just in time to hear his concerned voice speak to her. He didn't seem the most confident, but was also very nice and respectful. The boy reminded her much of Quanil, the storyseeker kid. Though, this one did have a pretty cute object with him.

That pretty little thing was just enough to grab Delta's attention. "Of course I'm okay, why do you ask?" Did he not notice she was a mermaid? Figures. "What is that with you? The thing that was fanned out, but then you made it not fan out?" Parasols didn't exactly survive in the ocean, leaving behind the skeletal remains of the metal that typically made them up, so obviously Delta was interested in finding out more. Clearly, she wasn't bothered about his concern and was far more interested in pushing on to new and far better subjects.
unstrung
DELTA
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Clemente
run, love
Oh no, if she thinks Clem is respectful or unsure in any way she is incredibly off the mark. Clem can't help how he screws up his face in distaste at her blatant rudeness. "Uh, cuz yer clinging to a rock in the middle of the ocean like a fuckin' shipwreck victim?" Already backing out of the water instead of moving further in. Let her drown, then. Rude.

Which makes him all the more disinclined to answer her questions, as odd as it is. "Why should I tell ya? That was rude, I was just tryin' to help." He'd likely be even meaner if it weren't for The Voice whispering in his mind that he must draw people in, be kind and gentle, prove the Ascended are not a threat.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Ouch- it looks like the tiny guy was actually quite rude. This was honestly her first encounter with a less than happy human and honestly, it was very annoying. Not to mention that he had the audacity to make fun of her? Annoying, very annoying. "I'm fine, don't worry." She was going to have a lot more to say but then he decided to continue on speaking.

And oh- OH. He was more than just 'quite rude' now he was being a massive asshole. "I didn't intend on being rude, I'm sorry." Apologizing now even though she didn't feel as if she really had to. "I just- I thought it was obvious that I'm a mermaid." Well yeah, it kinda was, but now she was assuming that he simply didn't realize this fact because why else would he think that she needed any help.
unstrung
DELTA
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Change author:
Clemente
run, love
He squints his eyes disbelievingly at her frustrated assurance, the glare of sundown across the water turning her tail into a dark shape that he assumes to be the deeper parts of the rock. He gives a short huffing sound that implies something like agreement, and stalks like a cat back to the waters edge at her continued curiosity. "'sfine," he waves away gruffly, a completely teenager type response. Though when she calls herself a mermaid, his first reaction (mercifully he manages to conceal it) is to laugh in her face. The second is anger, assuming she's tricking him. But well...flying people exist, don't they?

"Mermaids don't exist," he insists, though he wanders a little closer like a feral cat eyeing a bowl of offered cream. Wary, but interested. "Least I thought so." But if she's telling the truth at least he can answer her initial question, pulling the parasol off his shoulder to open it again. "It's like an umbrella, but for the sun. Lets ya stay in the shade even when it's sunny. Called a parasol."
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Their problem was swiftly pushed away, but it seemed that this boy in particular was being very.... particular.

His response was blunt and straight the point, something Delta could admire if it weren't for the fact that it was absolutely hilarious and completely wrong. A correction was added to the end and she found herself smiling. Oh how wrong he was, time to show him exactly what a mermaid looks like, but first... fancy stick thing!

A parasol is quite a silly name, as is an umbrella. Umbrellas were things she had heard of, used to block away rain. It was pointless for a mermaid to own one seeing as she was constantly wet. Rain was just non salt water, that's all. "Interesting. It's a very cool invention. Is there a reason why you cant use an umbrella?" It was a genuine question.

Once her question had been asked she decided to address the whole 'mermaids aren't real thing'. "Oh yeah, sorry that I didn't respond immediately. Wanted to hear you out first." And then she adjusted herself so that she could lift up her lower tail out of the water. Bright scaled shimmered in the light and she made a show to splash the water a bit. "Any other proof you need?" There's a giggle to her voice and a grin plastered on her face.
unstrung
DELTA