How I waste my days [Open]
Open thread~
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

"Ah yes, diverging paths...I have heard a few people discuss this. There are some here who have lived in versions of Earth entirely different again from either of ours. It seems our little planet is quite a popular place for The Voice to have picked her Outlanders from." Bastien wasn't sure if that was because Earth was special in some way, or if there simply just weren't that many worlds to choose from: maybe something to ask The Voice, when he next saw her.

Things were different in Caido, it was true: something he fought to preserve. The lack of major systemic hierarchy was refreshing here, the village of the Hollowed Grounds, while dire, not unlike places he had dreamed of living in while stuck in the oligarchy of Venice. "They are. There are new freedoms yet also new restrictions. New barriers to navigate; I have come up against the power of the Gods here and it is...mighty."
Still my heart is heavy
With the hate of some other man's beliefs
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
i'm asking nicely, give me what i want
Aisha nodded as he spoke, it was interesting that so many people came from world's called Earth. It made her wonder how many "Earth's" were out there, and whether or not there were any similar to her own. Whatever the case, it made her feel somewhat important, to know that so many had been portaled here, but she was the only one from her Earth.

Something else he had said was the source for her next question, which she asked with a slight tilt of her chin, "Do you think the Voice chooses us herself?" It was something she'd wondered since she'd arrived, but recieved mixed answers on. Perhaps Bastien, being Ascended, would know a bit more about his godly matron and her decisions.

"You say you've come up against, like you've been on their bad side?" she asked, indirectly pressing for the details.
AISHA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

Were they specially chosen? It was something Bastien had considered himself. In his vainer moments the idea was quite appealing, thinking that he was one of the select few plucked from the universe to the Voice's mission. Really though, he'd seen the Outlanders that had arrived, and it was hard to believe that the Voice had intentionally selected some of them. "I do not know. I would not think it outrageous to say she does, but it could be a random choice too. I must ask her at some point."

As for being on the God's bad side...he cringed. "That I have - but, let me make you a deal." A smirk appearing on his face, Bastien leaned forward towards Aisha. "I must go; if you come to my Artist's Sanctuary sometime not only will I treat you to some wonderful refreshments and art, but I will tell you the tale. It is, I promise, fascinating." He'd use the time between now and then to try and find a way to make himself sound like the hero in it (and not a bumbling idiot, which he regretted to admit was closer to the truth).

{FIN}
Still my heart is heavy
With the hate of some other man's beliefs