Training [se] catlike reflexes
For Amalia <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun hadn't really seen much of Amalia since their last admittedly disastrous training session. Although he'd popped in briefly to her wedding, he'd been a pretty distant presence there, just dropping off his gift, saying congratulations, and getting out. However, he figured it was past time to check in on her.

So he headed towards the bakery, box cradled easily under one arm. Opening the door, he peered inside. Calling out cheerfully, he scanned the interior for any sign of her or Jyoti. "Hey Amalia, it's Amun. I brought you something." He made sure to stamp the snow off his boots before entering the bakery proper, not wanting to track any inside.

Zhanshi was literally nipping at the potter's heels. However, as they entered the bakery, his companion lifted himself out of the ground. Making a beeline directly for the food displayed, the landshark began to chomp on the nearest muffin.

Or at least he tried: the Ascended was already there, hands closing around Zhanshi's middle. "Zhanshi, no. No biting without permission, we've been over this." There was a fondly exasperated tone to Amun's voice, as if he'd uttered that exact phrase many times already.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
I belong to you the way the moon belongs to the stars
"Zhanshi? That's a great name." Descending the stairs two at a time, Amalia flashes Amun a wide and welcoming smile. Though their last few encounters have been somewhat strained, the girl is in high spirits today, her work having been done early and the grounds in an unprecedented state of readiness for LongNight. She is determines to put bygones behind her, especially knowing that come the end of winter everything will change again. Especially with Amun...

But she puts that outside of her head for now.

"He's welcome to it. I have some staler loaves in the back if he's hungry; I was planning on giving them away regardless." With a warm smile she extends a hand to the shark, prodding through the Attuned bond to see how it is doing. Behind her, Jyoti croons a curious note to this bizarre earth-not-kin. Raising an eyebrow playfully, she addresses Amun aloud. "Still think we should have left them to die?"
the stars in your eyes will bring me back
and once again, i will kiss the sky
Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
"Thanks. It means warrior." As Zhanshi flew? swam? went to Amalia and bit down gently on her hair, Amun sighed. "Though I should've called him pain in my ass." Still, there was an affection and fondness in his voice that was impossible to miss.

As soon as permission was given, though, the landshark swooped down and gobbled up an entire roll in one bite. Moving back towards the potter as the Ascended's companion ate, Zhanshi somehow gave the impression of a fierce predator defending his prey. Amun just chuckled at the landshark's antics. "You may regret giving him permission to eat." Already, crumbs were all over the floor.

When the baker reached out to Zhanshi, she'd sense of fierce triumph and fiery protectiveness towards the Ascended. As Jyoti appeared, Amun dutifully and happily reached up to rub the starwhale. The landshark, however, done with his meal, immediately flew towards the Shield's companion. Swimming in aerial circles around Jyoti, Zhanshi eventually darted in to try and bite down on the other companion's tail.

The potter, however, anticipating this, darted forward and grabbed at his companion. The landshark was happy to nibble on the Ascended's fingers instead, cradled gladly in Amun's arms. "Sorry. Still working on the not biting thing. I think its how they explore the world." He shrugged, since he had absolutely no idea how landsharks worked and no intention of getting close to them to find out.

Raising his eyebrows right back at Amalia, the Ascended grinned. "Yes, I still think we should've left the luxere to die. And no, you cannot change my mind on this."
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
A ravenous creature, the likes of which Amalia has rarely seen. Her eyes widen in surprise as the little shark bites down at her hair, tracing its flight indulgent amusement when it leaves in favor of stealing a roll. "Welcome to having a companion. They're incorrigible, the lot of them." A note of indignation leaves Jyoti at this accusation; the Shield only laughs.

More indignation follows when Zhanshi attempts to bite the whale's tail; retreating swiftly to Amalia's shoulder, the starwhale hums and bellows her confusion at this aggressive form of play. "Calm down, Jyo- it's only a baby." Biting it a common act of infant creatures, or so the Shield has found- though Jyoti protests through her bond that it is not an characteristic of her kind.

"Maybe we ought to go outside, before, ah, these two destroy the shop." Beckoning to the back door, Amalia moves to lead their visitors out, white fur rising up on the exposed parts of her skin. At Amun's stubbornness she can only shake her head; she disagrees thoroughly, but she doesn't want to argue about it. Life had come from what they did, and that's what matters now. "How's it going, getting used to having another mind inside of yours?"
Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Grinning at Amalia's comment, Amun shrugged. "So are most people, in my experience." His tone was lightly teasing. Chuckling along with her laughter, he shook his head slightly, clearly amused.

Although Zhanshi couldn't make a sound, he nevertheless snapped his jaws at the baker's comment. The potter made sure to lay a reassuring hand on his companion's back. "But a very strong baby." Voice coming out as a coo, the Ascended stroked the landshark's rough skin. Zhanshi, for his part, twisted and bit down on Amun's finger, though not hard enough to break the skin.

Nodding at the Shield's suggestion, he moved towards the garden. "Zhanshi needs to get back in the ground anyway, and I'd rather not have him chew up your floors." He'd already had to strip a portion of the floor of his studio so Zhanshi could get in and out easily.

Smiling, the potter gave his companion an affectionate look. "It's been wonderful, to be honest." The Ascended's smile gained a wry edge. "Is it sad if I say I've been a bit lonely?" Giving Amalia a reassuring look to let her know he was fine, his expression grew wicked. "How's married life treating you?"

Which reminded him of the present he'd brought her. Holding out the box, he grinned. "Brought you some plates and whatnot for the bakery to match the ones I got you for your home." Hopefully she'd appreciate the gesture.
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"It isn't sad, no." Amalia's voice is gentle and earnest, clearly in contrast with his playful tone - but then again, what more could be expected from the Shield? Always too serious, too earnest, too keen. Guilt pulls at her, for her failures at friendship, her neglect - and guilt at the very fact that they are friends, different as they are of alliance and belief.

He changes the topic to something easier, Amalia's cheeks coloring at his teasing tone. "It's.... good. Really good. Though I don't know that I'll ever get used to calling someone husband." She laughs somewhat bashfully, fingers running through her hair. And when Amun extends her offering, well, if her blush had been pink before it is now a delighted auburn.

"Oh, they're beautiful!" Amalia declares, dark eyes widening in sincere admiration. "You didn't have to- well. Thank you, Amun. I love them." Taking the box into her arms, she rises on tiptoes to press a grateful kiss to his cheek before making her way inside to deposit them.

Returning outside with Jyoti behind her, the Shield grins at Amun. "So I... I was thinking about how to repay you, and had an idea. It's... A little silly, but Jyo and I have been together for a while, and we've gotten pretty good at communicating and teamwork. I could... Could teach you a little, if you wanted?" Anxiously she runs her hand over her wrist, thinking this may have been a very silly idea indeed.
Amalia