we're gonna need a bigger boat
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 19 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Online
Change author:
MP:
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
It seemed she often found herself by the Isles, most frequently on the rocks. Normally, it was for people watching or for other mundane activities, but in this instance it was far worse. Something terrible rather than beautiful, filled with anxiety and fear that remained within her for what felt like days, weeks, and months, but had truly only been here for a short while. The voice was quieter now than at night, as the sun was high in the sky, but even then it still wanted her to go to the top.

Appeasing it was her only chance to have a break in her life and actually be able to think for herself, but even then her thoughts were purely toxic. Regret for trying to speak with the gods, questions of why this kept happening to her and what she did to deserve such a dark and terrible fate. It was awful and no matter what she did, her thoughts remained dark, either due to the nagging voice or her own self-doubts that never seemed to abandon her.

In this instance, Delta was nestled on some rocks, her lower half remaining in the water so not to cause suffocation, whilst her upper half remained above the surface. Her body rested against the rocks, allowing her to prop herself up and even lay her head down on her arms as she closed her eyes and tried to do anything but think about those dark thoughts.

Elias
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
DELTA
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 33 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP:
Elias
Elias's ship had docked, and they were spending their days on the Isles, searching out pearls, as it were. His men were gathering oysters and any shells they thought had value, as he took a break and wandered.

It was hard to get lost with men spread over the entire island, he supposed. Though they were still careful. When he caught sight of a woman, laying on the rocks. Frowning, he moved to settle on the edge of the Isle, calling, "Hey, are you okay?" He'd not yet caught sight of her lower half, concern clear in his tone.

It wasn't every day that you found a woman laying, strewn across the rocks. And his thoughts did not go directly to 'she's a mermaid', because he'd only ever heard rumors of mermaids.
I'm so tired of the shore, let me in, baby,
You're an ocean beautiful and blue, I wanna swim in you.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 19 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
MP:
A masculine voice called out and she immediately lifted her head up, hair bouncing as she did so. Searching around, her lips parted as she tried to find the source of the voice. Whilst looking, she called out. "Yes, I am fine." That was a massive lie, she was the opposite of fine.

Miserable would've been a far more accurate response, but seeing as she didn't recognize the voice she had no reason to be honest. "Why do you ask?" And then she saw him, a tall man with broad shoulders and neatly sculpted facial hair. Staring at him, she sucked in a breath and watched him. "I should be asking you why you're all the way out here, stranger." What was he doing out here? Maybe that'd distract away from the whole 'I'm on the rocks because a voice told me to be up here' thing.

Delta rolled a 5 and thus, remains in this form.
DELTA
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 33 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MP:
Elias
Elias tilted his head, shoving his hand through his hair. "You're fine, on the rocks like that? Doesn't look comfortable." He responded, to her question. She asked about him, and his being on the isles and the man chuckled, low.

"See, we're lookin' for pearls. Isles seemed the best place to go pearl-hunting." He explained, with a shrug. There was nothing there that gave away any true information about him and his, his men still searching for oysters.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
MP:
A light hum escapes her lips and she shakes her head after thinking for a moment. "No, not all that uncomfortable. It isn't super soft, but I have no problem sitting here." She has no problem with resting on a rock. "Maybe it's... a mermaid thing? I'm not really sure. It could also be maybe that I sit like this a lot." She begins thinking out loud, speaking mostly to herself but also trying to answer his question better.

Staring at the man, she tilts her head to the side. "I wouldn't advise searching for oysters that way... they're harder to find than just appearing at the surface." Her voice is light and airy, a sign of her not quite judging him or his men, more like she simply wanted to help him out.
DELTA
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
MP:
Elias
Elias studied her, tilting his head. "A mermaid? Interesting. You're the first mermaid I've met." When she gives him advice, he accepts it and relays the information to his men with ease.

He settles on the ground, legs crossed. "Can you tell me more about mermaids? I've heard stories..." Of course, growing up in Torchline meant stories were inevitable, really. They had stories for everything, did they not? "But what it's like?" That came out a bit rude, but he was truly intrigued.

"What does your home look like?" Obviously under the sea. He doesn't ask why she's chosen this spot, he simply accepts it as something mermaids must do.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
MP:
The man relays the information, but not without giving her a special sort of response, one displaying his complete confusion. It causes her to smile, amused by all of his confusion. It seems she had met yet another human unfamiliar with the ways of the merfolk. This wasn't an unfamiliar thing. Honestly, she had only really met a select few who didn't react in a surprised fashion to the news that she was a mermaid. It didn't annoy her, far from it.

"I have no problem with that." Really, any opportunity to educate humans was a great one.

His first question was a normal one to be asked. She had been asked it quite a few times by now. "Well, it's kinda like yours. Our buildings are built with materials to withstand the water, but otherwise, it's kinda just the same thing. Imagine... a stone building but underwater." Well, that's what she could guess. She had never been inside a human home and only saw the outside of them from a distance. "There's tons of plant life and animals everywhere and it really is fantastic." That last little part would add on, showing that they had a very active world down there, not a pitiful excuse for a home.

A smile slowly forms on her face as she comes up with a special sort of question. "If it makes you feel any better, I've heard tons of stories about humans that I'm only recently learning the truth about, so you and I are in similar positions." There's a sense of amusement to her voice and a twinkle in her eye.

Delta rolled a 3!
DELTA