[SEASONAL EVENT] Wakey Wakey
For Edrei
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Edrei had drifted in and out of consciousness so often since she'd been stitched back together on one of the tables of the guildhall that Ronin had long stopped expecting that she would wake up for real. Once the healers had had their wicked way with her, Vanya and Ronin had somewhat... adopted the teenager, given that they couldn't move her in the condition the Spire Demon had left her in.

Not only that - he wasn't actually sure if there was anyone around to take care of her. He'd not heard from Loren or Zariah in so long that he was starting to worry... but given what Edy had said about Wessex (he'd learned the name of the woman from visiting the infirmary, not that there was anything... well... yeah), there was a lot more to worry about.

But then it had begun to snow. And snow. And snow. The world froze over and temperatures plummeted to something hellish (ironic much?). And now there was a LongNight to prepare for and deer to feed and still a goddess to please. Much as he could anyways, given how busy he suddenly was.

Given how little she'd been stirring, Ronin thought nothing of wandering around at his leisure. He had just arrived back at the guildhall, the fire stoked high and warmth suffusing the space. They'd tucked Edrei into a bed down the hall from the master bedroom upstairs- it would be their child's room eventually, something that brought a smile to Ronin's lips before he even realised it. Ahem.

Stepping quietly into the room, the guildmaster lingered by the entrance and leant down to test the floorboards. Make sure they don't creak, the notice had said. Maybe even put snow moss beneath them. The moss he had just collected, but he didn't have nearly enough to cover the entirety of the hall. So he was testing where it was needed before carrying out any further repairs.
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST
HEALING HAS TO BEGIN IN THE PAST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Edrei Launceleyn
You know I talk too much. Come put your lips on mine and shut me up

It had all been a blur. In flashes during moments of tenative wakefulness all Edy could see was black and malice and fire. All she could feel was pain and uselessness. All she could hear was her own scream drowning out Wessex's shouts for Edy to save herself.

And so, given the option of blackened silence and having to answer for what she did, Edy chose the former every single time.

And so days passed, and the snow fell.

Eventually though her body was no longer as inhibited by pain as it was once, and without the constant needling and burning to shy away from, her mind had begun to resurface. The emotional pain and trauma of the incident was still there of course, but physically she was definitely on the mend.

fuck.

Awake, but pretending not to be (the pretense was to try and fool herself, not Ronin), eventually curiosity caused the girl to peep her eyes open ever so slightly. She had no idea where she was, but waking up in a strange bed was not much of a novelty for Edy, so instead she focused on the hulking figure stalking around the room.

No, not hulking, just masculine.

And not stalking, but...tiptoeing?

"Ever heard of knocking?" Edy croaked, her mouth dry as a desert as she struggled to sit up slightly.

Image by Lamreii!

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The sound of a familiar voice - one that he hadn't heard in over a week, granted - had Ronin's head snapping up, the guildmaster cracking a delighted grin as he spotted the Launceleyn. He was dressed in a large sweater with its fair share of holes, but damn it if it wasn't warmer than some of the other garments he had, and his hair and overall appearance suggested he might have just rolled out of bed as well. He hadn't, obviously, but trekking out into the Woodlands for snow moss seemed to give the same dishevelled effect. "I always knock - when I'm in someone else's home," he said, winking and straightening up from the ground.

He crossed the room to help her sit up, planning to pour her a cup of water from the jug beside the bed (he replaced it regularly to keep it fresh), but a distinct creak caught his attention as he did so. Ronin zoned in on the floorboard like it had personally offended him. "Aha!" He turned, withdrew a piece of charcoal from his pocket and sketched an X onto the troublesome board, before straightening to regard Edrei again.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn

Edy raised an amused brow at this quick retort. "So you can do what you please while you're in here? I'll keep that in mind." Trying to cackle, her voice broke, she croaked and groaned before exhaling a sharp stream of frustration.

Wrapping an arm gratefully around Ronin's shoulders—had he somehow gotten strong since being here?—she slumped back against the pillows. It was uncomfortable, but at least she was sitting up. Reaching for the cup, Edy watched with amused confusion as Ronin addressed the floor, drawing an x on it. "All work and no play making Ronin a dull boy?" She asked wondering what sort of madness she was seeing.

"Like shit." She replied immediately and honestly, raising the cup to her lips and taking a small sip. Much as she wanted to gulp the whole thing down, Edy had been in this situation enough to know that she'd likely just vomit it all back up if she did.

Image by Lamreii!

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Exactly that," he murmured with a crafty grin, though that faded as she tried to laugh and ended up dissolving into a fit of coughing. He waited to make sure she would be alright with her cup of water, nestled back against the pillows, before he went about the rest of his inspection of the room. A few other creaky boards gained Xs of their own, and Ronin chuckled to the teenager at her remark.

Dull? When was life for the guildmaster ever dull? "Are you kidding? Work is play for me," he said, tipping her a wink and rising to his feet once more to stretch.

"No, I'm trying to find which floorboards need to be lined with snow moss," he explained. "You've been asleep for... well. For a few days, Edy." So saying, Ronin moved to draw back the curtains and show the thick, falling snow outside.
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn

"Oh yeah?" Edy croaked with a smirk and a raised brow. "Vanya must love hearing that." It was probably the fact that Edy was basically just waking up out of a pain coma, but had Ronin always been so handsome? Glancing towards the side of the bed she looked for any of Isla's telltale potions or tinctures that might be making the Launceleyn girl hallucinate.

As Ronin explained, Edy tilted her head slightly, again wondering if she was actually seeing and hearing the world as it was. "Snow moss." She repeated, falling silent and looking out the window where snow was softly falling against a pale sky. Glancing back towards Ronin still looking perplexed, the teenager fixed him with a look. "Okay. So it's winter. That doesn't explain why you're playing tictactoe on the floorboards and then putting some moss beneath it."

Image by Lamreii!

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Maybe," Ronin said of Vanya, smiling to himself and glancing over the room to admire the small flurry of Xs that were scattered there. Not too bad, all things considered - the rest of the guildhall was similarly decorated. "Snow moss," he repeated, giving his attention back to Edrei and moving across to perch carefully on the edge of her bed, some of his playfulness evaporating so he could fully appreciate that she was... awake. And alive.

"They call it Deepfrost, here," he explained. "It's different to Northaven winter. One of the natives put something up on the notice board - at the end of the season, the sun goes away for a week or more... LongNight. I don't know too much about it, still, only that it's dangerous and that people need to stay inside. And quiet. Hence the moss and the boards - I'm trying to repair any creaks that might draw attention."

There was more, as there always was, but he didn't want to overload her.
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn

Listening as he explained, she nodded along easily until the bit about the sun disappearing. For a week. "A week?" She intoned, annoyance and awe rife in her still-crackly voice. "So...the sun goes away and we all need to stay quiet?" A smirk contorted her features. "I mean, I was just gonna suggest things we could all do with the lights out, but quietly?" Shaking her head with a chuckle that communicated she absolutely was not taking this seriously, Edy leaned back against her pillows. "If that's the case, I think I'm a gonner if there really are dangerous things about."

Image by Lamreii!

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"You can still do those things, and quietly," Ronin objected with a grin. "You just need to make it into a challenge or a game. Or... I don't know, use your initiative." He winked, absently rubbing his thumb across one of the scars on his knuckles. "A week, yeah. That's what we have all been led to believe anyway, and I don't know why anyone would mislead us..." He shrugged his shoulders.

"A lot of people are making their plans - stockpiling food and fuel, making preparations, among other things. I heard tell that a few people are holing up in the Rathskeller, if you wanted to spend LongNight there with them. A week long party sounds better than sneaking around being quiet, no?" Ronin chuckled to her.
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn

Edy raised a challenging brow, a filthy and knowing smirk on her lips. "Hey, I'm all about trying new things, but being quiet? Where's the fun in that, Sword."

Yawning, Edy tried to sit up in bed and grimaced a bit. "Well clearly you aren't gonna be at the Rathskeller, not if you're mossing this place up, huh?" Actually that was a bit disappointed. For a moment there she thought she'd see Ronin absolutely hammered and locked down in the cellar with all the rest of them. Perhaps she'd even get to see just how apt her new nickname was for him.

"I mean...Vai probably wants me there. But I can stay here too. Bounty Guild and all that." Then, with a wry smile she added. "Unless of course you and Vanya are looking forward to a bit of time on your own? "

Image by Lamreii!

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I would say that I could show you, but I am happily spoken for." Ronin flashed a filthy grin back at the Launceleyn girl, seeming concerned as she tried to sit up and seeming in two minds as to whether he ought to help or tell her to lay back down. Ultimately he decided against it, leaning back on one hand and glancing about the room and the floor scattered with its Xs. "Me? No, I have a mind to keep this place safe from anything that might be lurking about in the dark." He grinned.

At the mention of Edrei potentially staying in the guildhall instead, Ronin smiled softly and absently played with a loose thread on his trousers. "If we are still here for the next LongNight, absolutely," he said. "But this is going to be one of the last times I do get Vanya all to myself before we're a family of three, so I intend to make the most of it." His tone was warm and unashamed, and he rocked to his feet to glance back at Edy.

"You'll have plenty of fun in the Rathskeller without me, I'm sure. And once LongNight is over, you know I'll be there to celebrate. How does that sound?"
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn

”Pffft. Not even if it helped speed up my recovery?” The teenager purred salaciously, though she didn’t really mean it. Even Edy had boundaries, and she woudln’t fuck with a more-or-less married man. She wasn’t sure if marriage was a thing here, but Vanya had Ronin’s kid in the old incubator, and that was as clear of a hands-off sign as she needed. Still, a girl could dream.

Shooting him a skeptical look which clearly indicated that she thought ‘keeping the place safe’ was code for ‘banging my lady blind’, Edy suddenly raised a brow. ”Can you even—“ Edy made a crude finger-through-a-circle motion. ”While she’s—“ The motion turned into Edy miming a huge circle coming out of her stomach.

“Roger that. Comin’ in loud and clear. Well. I guess not loud.” Edy cackled gently, peering over the bed at all the X’s. “Well, as much as I appreciate this tantalizing conversation, Imma go back to sleep, so kindly get out, would you?” Fluttering her eyelashes at him, she raised the cover slightly. “Unless you wanna snuggle?”

Image by Lamreii!

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I can assure you that it would not," Ronin informed the teenager, though his smile was good natured. He couldn't help but snort and raise his eyebrows at her as she mimed so very accurately the acts of sex and pregnancy, Ronin grinning and sitting up a little more. "Yes, she can," he said simply. "You just need to get a little more creative with your positioning."

Winking, he got to his feet and stretched, her 'kindly get out' resonating well with him. "Snuggle, you say? Maybe later. First you get some more rest, and I'll finish up here." So saying, the guildmaster finished his appraisal of her room and padded away to let her nap. He'd be back within the hour with the snowmoss, no doubt, intent on disturbing her anew, but she could rest for a bit at least.

{END THREAD}
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST