Seeking something other than darkness
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE
close the door, hold the phone, show me how
Amusement radiated out from him, a playful and kind sort, not in mockery of Neron's first ever experience in this shift. It was almost comforting to Chuy, to see others go through the same trials as he did when he first discovered his shift, and he relished the chance to be able to guide and help another experiencing it for the first time. Not that he expected to ever be 'training' up an Ascended using his own shift, or the former Warden at that, but still, he found enjoyment in it nonetheless.

He watched the other leopard try to copy his path, flinching into crouch as he missed the clean landing - but Neron got there in the end anyway, which pleased him thoroughly. Chuy laughed softly through the bond at his words. 'Oh, there's plenty of that too,' he chuckled, before flopping down upon the beam in a lazy sphinx pose, his tail twitching down over the edge.

'I've learned to expect the unexpected here,' he said in belated response to the man's earlier comment. 'Would've thought you'd be well practised in that, having been here so long? Or is it just since I've arrived that things have gone a bit wild?' He spoke playfully, with a gentle curiosity, hoping to gleam more about the other, but also silently hoping his arrival hadn't brought upon them a most tumultuous series of events.
no one's ever gonna stop us now
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
neron
Well that’s good to hear, Neron said with no small amount of relief, following Chuy’s lead and relaxing on the beam, paws tucked in. Now the excitement was over it was pleasant to just... be in the shift; to let his whiskers twitch with new scents, to flick an ear and catch distant conversation. Amusement thrummed through their bond at the other man’s questions, his tail idly swishing over the side of the beam.

Oh no, it was wild before you came. Things might have just... accelerated a bit, over the past season or so. Mainly because of Neron’s decisions, true, but... hey, it was done now. He couldn’t really change it now. With luck, things will calm down once the sun rises again. There’s... a lot to do. Understatement of the century. How do you like your first LongNight?
you're so cold, put your hand in mine

Coding base by Sky!
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
He was relieved when Neron's answer came with a touch of amusement. The 'conversation' with Korbin had stirred up insecurities within him that he hadn't even known existed, concerns that maybe his presence as an Outlander had indeed caused significant ripples in this world. But that's all it ever was - insecurities; he was not the first Outlander to ever arrive here and he would hardly be the last.

They both chilled, relaxing on their beams, two leopards having a civil conversation. Chuy hummed a soft agreement through the bond at Neron's summary of the amount of work to do come Flowerbirth, before answering the question posed at him. 'It's been, well, long, pun unintended,' he huffed a laugh through his whiskered muzzle. 'I think I would've gone insane without access to books, or without Kia," he commented honestly.

'How do you like your first leopard shift?' he asked back, curiosity evident through the bond, as well as a simple contented comradery that he felt developing with the man. They may not know each other well, but they had been through some interesting times together already.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
neron
Books and company are certainly a decent way to pass the time, Neron agreed, his amusement belying both his agreement at Chuy’s comment, and at the fact that Longnight had been long this year. But then perhaps that was because Neron had spent his time under the dutiful watch of a guard, rather than doing as he pleased in the Palace-that-wasn’t-there-anymore.

As for the leopard shift? Neron glanced over the side of the beam towards the ground, then stretched out luxuriously along it; if that didn’t tell the other man his opinions, he wasn’t sure what would. I never considered what it would be like to be an Attuned, he confessed. But I’ll admit, this is quite something. One thing, though... how do you plan to get down?

Coding base by Sky!
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
Chuy couldn't imagine any amount of time spent under lock and key, restricted in his movement further by guards or buildings. The forced imprisonment they were all facing was more than enough, and he at least had the ability to roam the Academy unhindered by a guard who took his duties way too seriously. He merely agreed softly, a soft mew sound from his muzzle as well as a warm sensation through the bond given.

He would've grinned had his lips allowed him to, but he let the smug pleasure show through the bond instead, in response to Neron's display. Being attuned was never he had considered before coming here either, though for vastly different reasons to the ascended's. 'We have a few options,' he said, looking to the path they had taken, the leap across the beams and the wall, the shelf that could give them a step to land on before the floor. He offered a leopard's version of a shrug, his shoulders rolling easily with the movement.

'Or we could just jump down. Cat do tend to land on their feet.' He supplied the other option, his icy gaze looking down curiously, before meeting with Neron's again. 'Wanting to go back to your room so soon?'
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
neron
Neron could get used to this, he decided, lazily following Chuy’s gaze down to the ground and the various pathways they might take to get there. But as the other man (leopard?) queried whether he wanted to return to his room yet, the Hailstorm’s new claws bit into the wood where he was stretched out, and his fangs bared in an unmistakeable grin. Absolutely not, he said with an internal chuckle, head lolling on his outstretched paws.

I daresay I would be happy here until the guard realised I was gone. Even then, they would probably have to unstick me from this place. And good luck, if he was still wearing his spots. Though, I think this jaunt has a limited timescale. I will probably turn back eventually.

Coding base by Sky!
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
He hadn't quite thought through the ramifications of his actions earlier, too caught up in the idea of a gallivant around the Academy with a friend. But he didn't see the man as a threat, or at least, not one that needed a guard at all times when they were all locked in the Academy anyway. He hoped that if Morgan found out about their little jaunt, she wouldn't hate on him too much, but he would accept the consequences of his actions if it came to that anyway.

"Mm, probably best we don't push our luck too far." He agreed, but decided to shelf that concern for the moment - they were going to simply enjoy what they could, here and now.

"In the meantime…" He looked at the man who held his mirror shift with renewed curiosity, the sensation through the bond giving an impression that had he been able, he would be raising a brow at the other. He rose slowly, outstretching a paw very deliberately towards the other leopard's ear, before boopping with a swift motion, claws hidden in their pads, warm laughter rumbling through the bond. He stepped backwards, swinging his tail behind him for balance, muscles tensed, poised for a reaction, playfulness evident.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
neron
I’m usually one to see just how hard I can push my luck. But I think you’re probably right there. Wouldn’t want to annoy the Warden or my best friend the guard unnecessarily. They’d probably end up throwing him out of the Citadel on his ass if he was too blasé about his secret trips through the Academy. Still, at least he had a partner in crime on this outing, Neron watching Chuy with twitching whiskers, his tail swishing back and forth below them.

In the meantime... Neron glanced up as Chuy approached, eyes tracking the outstretched paw, his ear already flicking reflexively. And then he was booped, an entirely unexpected gesture that had him springing to his feet, shaking his fur out. How very dare you, he said with clear laughter in his voice, the Hailstorm gearing up for an entirely instinctive pounce that might send them both tumbling from the beam.

Coding base by Sky!
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
Laughter abounded, colouring the scene with warmth and playfulness, as two clouded leopards booped and pounced at each other on the rafter beams of the Academy. It would have been quite a sight to behold, had anyone ventured in there, though they were left to their own devices for some time. As his mirror shift came at him with a leap, he prepared himself, knowing the sort of reaction he would likely elicit from the other, and knowing that they would both likely end up on the ground after this. He made to move back, so that Neron's paws didn't land quite so on top of him, and then turned promptly to the side and leapt off to the space below, braced and ready for the landing, which came easily as his feline instincts took over.

It was a pleasant evening, all things considered - nothing like a bit of jailbreaking fun to disturb the monotony of Longnight.