that doesn’t mean what you think it means
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

”That’s right. I’m a helluva shot with a bow and arrow, if you ever want a friendly competition.” She winked at him, gazing into the flames and having to take a few moments to think as he brought up her going back to the Greatwood. ”I don’t know,” she confessed with a shrug. ”I definitely feel more at home in the forest, but it’s pretty isolated. I know it would be better for my son if he were around people.” Especially given how quickly he’d grown up.

Humming her agreement that yeah, it really was shit, Vai tore her gaze from the fire to glance back at Zeph. ”She is in Caido, but... I haven’t seen her for over a year. I trust her to be okay - she’s a tough cookie.” But she did miss her.

The silence was awkward and yet somehow natural, because what else could be said when faced with the unfair absence of a child. Zeph was the first to break it, and Vai smiled despite herself; she hadn’t even thought. ”Ashetta is my daughter, and Felix is her little brother,” she said. ”She was born able to wield magic, like me, but Felix is an Attuned. So if you see a bear rambling about, please call me.”

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

"I'm better with my hands," you admit, smirking slightly and leaning back toward the warmth of the fire, your head briefly thrown over your shoulder to look at the woman. "Prefer t'be up close an' personal. But I won't turn down a demonstration, or a lesson." Never too old old to learn new tricks and all that jazz. Not that you expect you could ever be good at it, but hey. If you only did things you were good at you wouldn't do anything at all.

Honestly, you're surprised the Fae let any humans live in the Greatwood at all. "Well, this ain't a bad place t'grow up." You had a good enough time of it, at least. Nothing perfect - nowhere is perfect - but better than a sunless world full of tiny winged assholes, you suspect. "Could do a lot worse by him." Like the Grounds. Seriously, fuck that place.

You put the names away - Felix and Ashetta - and snort a laugh at the warning about bears. "I'll keep an eye out." Not a common sight in Torchline, to be sure - you're not even sure you've see one before - but that will make it notable. You've begun to collect small rocks and sticks around you, an old habit; now you begin to form them into a makeshift castle of debris. "My boy had magic. Messed with water. Used t'be a right nightmare, splashin' us all constantly an' thinkin' it was fuckin' hilarious."

Glancing sidelong at the woman, you once again raise a brow. "Can't imagine wranglin' a bear. 'Specially at sixteen. Sounds like y'got your hands full. His pa help out, at least?" A very subtle way to ask if she's married, Zeph. Smooth as the sand you're sitting on.
Zephyr
you can be the ripest, juciest peach in the world
and there's still going to be someone who hates peaches
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

”Is that so?” Vai’s smirk was just as crooked at Zeph’s claim to be good with his hands, and she shrugged her shoulders to him. ”Maybe once the sun rises we’ll have to give each other a demonstration, eh? Up close and personal sounds like a handy trick to know.” It would be a filthy lie to say she’d never thrown a drunken punch - such was the way when travelling with a bunch of rowdy hunters - but she couldn’t proclaim to make a skill out of it. A lesson for a lesson couldn’t be all that bad, could it?

Nodding in agreement, she couldn’t deny that Torchline had a lot more to offer in the way of sociability, and with the portal it wasn’t as if she couldn’t still hunt if she needed to. They might be able to set themselves up nicely here, and still hunt enough game and fur to get by. ”It’s definitely a consideration,” she said, though by the time she next saw Felix and whatever shenanigans he was up to, she had no doubt her mind would be made up.

Hearing about his son brought a softer smile to her lips, and she raised a hand to send a gentle shower of sand in his direction with a quickly summoned breeze. ”I prefer the air myself. Though I’m a healer, mostly. How long has it been, if you don’t mind my asking...?” Was the wound fresh, or an older scar? Because it never really healed; Vai knew that much.

”He’s sweet, and clueless. So yes, as much as a handful as you can imagine.” She chuckled, tucking a curl behind her ear. As for his father? Vai gave a gentle shake of her head. ”My first husband - Ashetta’s father - died some time ago. My second has been missing for over a year, and I don’t think I will see him again.” But he had brought her Felix, and for that at least she was forever grateful.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Why wait? I'll show ya mine if you show me yours." It's fun, innocuous teasing you tell yourself, playful banter between two adults who have seen enough of life to understand when to read into things and when to not. And right now you're beginning to feel like there's something to be read, a mutual understanding and interest that you wouldn't lie and say you don't feel.

Of course, dead kids and missing husbands are as good a way to derail flirting as there's ever been. You can't remember the last time you said this much about Rayne in one sitting, and more than that, you can't remember the last time it felt easy to bring him up. Painful, sure, but not the gripping agony and uncertainty you usually feel. Maybe its because she has her own kids, or because she's a stranger, or because she genuinely seems to care without the weight of pity. "Six years," you answer quietly, looking at your castle. Six years since your world ended, and even now you're struggling, not sure how to rebuild.

But now here's someone else who's doing the same rebuilding, and fuck if it doesn't feel good to know you're not alone. "My wife's been gone for five," you offer nonchalantly. "Sounds like we both wound up with the short end'a the stick in that department." Oh, sure, an argument could be made that you're the lucky ones for being alive, but you're also the ones left behind, picking up the pieces.

Turning away from your castle, you offer the bottle back. "Well. If y'ever decide ya want a man around - y'know, fix a leak, scratch an' itch - I am still in yer debt." You linger, body turned toward her, a raised eyebrow and a crooked smirk punctuating the offer.
Zephyr
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

Vai laughed, pulling a knee up and resting an arm on it. ”Getting up close and personal, sure. It would be better to wait before we start shooting arrows though, given the booze.” Winking, she nodded towards the bottle. It well might just be a fleeting thing, two people falling into each other on the longest night of the year - but gods if it hadn’t been a while since Vai had gotten some real, adult company. And Zeph was charming, and seemed to have lived, loved, lost... all things that made the world feel more real.

Six years was sobering enough to shake that train of thought for a bit, punctuated by the remark about his wife; Vai sighed and reached out to accept the bottle from him.”Does sound that way, doesn’t it?” Lifting it in a cheers sort of gesture, she took a healthy pull from it and offered it back.

It was his last comment that had her raising an eyebrow right back at him, a smirk curling across her lips. ”Sure you’re not the one with the itch?” she said playfully. ”It has been a while since I’ve had a man around.” The way she said it suggested that the last word was entirely unnecessary.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

You take the bottle back without protest, raising it briefly to your lips before setting it into the sand between you. Things have taken a turn back from darkness - or maybe they never were really dark. Maybe it was just the glint of reality to temper expectations to exactly where they were supposed to be, leaving a deeper understanding of what is going on. A frank and open book of trauma, a precursor to other things. A declaration of Hey, maybe things are generally fucked up, so tonight why not be fucked up together?

"You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." Your eyes linger on the bow of her smile, your own mirrored mostly in the crinkles around your eyes, the expressive tilt of your brow. "Don' see why it couldn' be a mutually beneficial situation." You've never been accused of being greedy.

Nor of being shy.

To which end you stand again, brushing the sand off your ass before extending a hand to Vai. "Fancy a stroll, Miss Vervain?" you offer, playfulness glittering in your eyes and belying the attempt at serious courtly swagger. Or something. "I happen t'know some'a Torchline's best kept secrets. Hidden corners, as it were, where things are a bit less crowded."
Zephyr
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

Fucked up together, fucked together, as time went on Vai found herself not particularly minding. Of all the charming rogues that might have sauntered up to her bonfire to ask for a drink, she couldn’t have asked for a better one, that was for sure.

”Now that sounds better than a story,” she informed him, her smile growing into a truly filthy grin. As he got up and offered out his hand, she took it gladly, pulling herself to her feet and leaving the bottle where it lay buried in the sand. They wouldn’t need it where they were going.

”A stroll sounds lovely. We’re lacking the moonlight and the stars, but I feel like we’ll find something else to do.” Dusting herself off, she gestured for him to lead the way, not quite as courtly, but then she was a woods witch. Go figure. ”I warn you though, if this is some attempt to rob me of anything more than my clothes, I will show you up close and personal.” She laughed.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

Rusty as you are, it is with no small relief that you find Vai accepting your hand and rising in the sand. The not-quite-there smile blooms into something clearly discernable; you make no attempt to hide an appreciative look over her figure, lingering back upon her face. With an ungainly and unpracticed half-bow you gesture for her to follow, beginning to pick a path away from the bonfires and down the beach.

Her threat makes you pause a moment, glancing back with an eyebrow raised. "That a challenge?" you fire back, adjusting your pace to slip an arm around the woman's waist. She's nearly your height, all strong lines and sharp laughter - a far cry from your usual type, but you find her fucking captivating.

"You really think so little'a me? That I'm some common thief? I'm hurt." Of course even as you make this protest your hand is slipping down her hip, under the pretense of exploring her curves but actually searching for pockets. If you're able to lift some small trinket with deft fingers it'll be good for a laugh; if all you end up with is a handful of ass, hey, you ain't complaining.
Zephyr
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

”Maybe it is a challenge. You did say there would be demonstrations.” Vai grinned playfully, sidling closer as his arm slipped around her waist. It had been so long since she had experienced any sort of intimacy, that small gesture alone was enough to send an entirely adolescent surge of heat through her belly. Steady, now.

”No no, not at all. But a lady has to be careful, you know. Besides, if you were a thief I would hardly think you common,” she informed him, raising a suspicious brow at his wandering hand, but doing entirely nothing to stop it. No trinkets to be found, other than an arrow head retrieved from one that had broken, but it might take Zeph’s fancy. Who knew?

”What do you do to get by?” Did Vai care? Absolutely. Would she forget if he kept distracting her with his touch? Without a doubt.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

"Somethin' tells me y'aint much'a one for caution." You lean in as you say the last word, almost a growl in her ear. You can smell her, an earthy, woodsy musk that's both into intoxicating and unfamiliar, and all the more exciting for it. You're behaving like a damn teenager, you know, already feeling the heat in your pants, hand lingering on the curve of her ass as you slip the arrowhead into your palm- but fuck if it isn't fun.

As for what you do? "You, hopefully." The words come out against her neck before you can stop them, accompanied by a sudden bashful grin. Fucking smooth, Cassanova. Drawing back from her a little you shrug, color still bright on your cheeks. "But when I don't have gorgeous, mysterious strangers to entertain I work out on the docks. Movin' goods an' the like." It explains your tan skin, your rough hands, your muscular build.

"And maybe a little bit a thievin'. When the urge strikes." winking you produce the arrowhead - not a very impressive find, but it gets your point across. You're trying to amuse her, maybe rile her up a bit. You wouldn't say no to a wrestling match.

You have a feeling you'd both come out on top.
Zephyr
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

”I’ll have you know that hunters need to exercise the most caution,” Vai countered, though the growl against her ear sent a shiver through her and completely ruined the facade. Gods be damned, is this how things were going to be? She’d blame the booze, but really, it wouldn’t have made all that much of a difference. Then Zeph’s lips were on her neck and a breathless laugh escaped her; she let a dramatic hand fly to her breast as if to emphasise the scandal of his words.

”Oh, so I have been captivated by a handsome and mysterious dock worker, who definitely isn’t trying to rob me.” She grinned, only for him to confess the very thing he had been denying - and to prove that he was good at it, too. Stepping out from the curve of his arm to walk backwards, she examined the arrow head with mischief bright in her eyes.

Reaching out, she hooked her fingers under the loop of his belt and tugged him forward. ”Wonder what else your busy hands can do,” she purred, leaning in to meet his lips in a kiss.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

There is no resistance when she pulls you closer, her fingers tucking into your waistband and your cock twitching enthusiastically at the proximity of her hands. Whatever opportunity you had to evade is long since gone, and whatever desire you may have had to escape gone far before. "One way t'find out," you growl in response, reaching up to cup the back of her neck as she leans in for a kiss.

You might have played coy, but neither your brain nor your body possess the self restraint to do so. Instead you give her a taste of your hunger, wasting no time in pressing your tongue searchingly to her lips. Your right hand stays where it is on her nape; your left reaches out to grab her hip and pull it toward you, to close the distance between your bodies and show her just how eager you are to engage in adult activities, crowds be damned.
Zephyr
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

If there was one thing that Vai abandoned the second their lips met, it was the idea of self restraint. Moaning softly as Zeph drew their bodies together, she reached up to loop an arm about his neck, rocking her hips against him. And oh, she could feel his eagerness to forego getting to those hidden parts of Torchline he had said he’d known so well. All the better, in Vai’s opinion - crowds be damned was a sentiment she could get on board with.

Lips parting to let her tongue dance against his, her free hand moved from his belt to run up his chest, a welcome exploration of something she had been missing out on for far too long. Finally coming up for air, Vai felt a very crooked smile curl up the corner of her mouth. ”I feel like we’re about to get sand in some interesting places,” she murmured.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

It's easy for her to find her way beneath your cotton shirt. A shiver of pleasure dances up your spine at the contact; you deepen your assault on her mouth, growling appreciatively at the sensation of her hips against your stiffening cock. Your fingers tighten in her hair as your other hand searches for her skin, desperate to cup that ass. Gods, you could fucking eat her up right here on the sand. The crowds, the watchers, you don't give a shit. You're a teenager all over again, but with the experienced confidence of an adult. A truly delicious combination.

So what keeps you from throwing her onto the ground? The simple fact that you have, in fact, fucked on the beach before- and that sand does get in some very unfortunate places if you aren't careful. Trailing kisses down her neck you grumble agreement against her skin. "There's trees nearby. Grass. If you can wait that long."

The real problem with this plan is that you're just not sure if you'll be able to move far enough away from her curves to successfully walk that far.
Zephyr