World of Memories
Naavi Sen
Healer

Age: 105 | Height: 4'4" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Naavi
Naavi had filled a small jar with a bunch of lightning bugs and tied twine around the top for a handle. She'd first done this when Keyes was just a baby, having enjoyed how thrilled he was to handle the bugs on his own, for they were safe as long as they were in their jar.

LongNight around meant that it was darker than usual, the stars twinkled out, but fire, and the various creatures that created their own light, continued to shine. She led the way, calling, "You better keep up, Keyes! I expect better from you," as she flew through the air, avoiding trees, and branches. She was testing how well the boy knew the forest, and how well the forest knew him.

The healer grinned, as she landed on the shores of the crimson cataract. Her thoughts traveled forty-four years backward, teaching Keyes about the lichen, the forest. Telling him about how she had watched a young boy die from eating the lichen; and how she had promised to find a cure.

She had not yet found that cure, but she had not stopped.

"C'mon, slowpoke!" She called, into the dark. The Greatwood was her protector. There was no fear, not like the people had during LongNight, in the other areas of Caido.

Keyes reminded her of Alcyone, if only because the older fae-woman had helped to raise the boy. She was a fixture in both of their lives until she was lost at the Maithair. And it hurt, to remember Alcyone every time she looked at the boy she had raised, but at the same time...

It was nice, it was sweet. A constant reminder that Alcyone was never going to truly be gone.
Sen
Keyes Sen
Thief

Age: 56 | Height: 5' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 4 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 11 - Int:
HYPERION - Regular - Mongoose
Played by: y Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KEYES
i won't cry for you
i won't crucify the things you do
Ugh.

Naavi was always testing, pushing, playing. She wanted him to prove what he'd learned, to follow and engage in her antics. She loved to see him flourish, and was always looking for reasons to be around him and teach him things. Things he felt as though at this point in life he already knew.

And yet he loved her oh so deeply for it.

With the facade of a moody teen, he'd follow her begrudgingly, keeping up as best he could on less stable wings, and offering snarky wry replies to her mushy comments. But in reality he treasured moments like these; just him, Hyperion, and his sister. A short list of his most favorite people. (Note that of those three, one of them is himself and the other is a dormouse).

"What are we doing out here again," he grumbled, pushing past a branch that Naavi had left swinging in her wake, then nimbly sliding under the next. If she had taught him anything, it was how to feel the forest. Keyes was by no means strong, but he was fast, and in sync with the world around him. The pulse of the earth, the whispers of the trees, they told him where to turn.

C'mon slowpoke, Keyes scoffed at this as he emerged from the treeline and to the shores of the cataract, pursed his lips in an impish grin and flipped up his middle finger. The young blonde walked past her then fluttered up to sit on a stone, brushing it off then seating himself neatly on top. Briefly he adjusted his head scarf, then set his own lightning bug lantern next to him. Hyperion crawled from his shoulder and down his arm, jumping from his hand to the top of the lantern.

For the mouse, Keyes had all the compassionate smiles in the world.
see when you're gone
i'll still be bloody mary
Naavi Sen
Healer

Age: 105 | Height: 4'4" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Naavi
Naavi's lips curved into a grin, as he flipped her off. A nasty habit learned from watching the humans, she suspected. "What do you mean, 'what are we doing out here'? Would you rather be in the village, listening to stories and being lazy?" She inquired, as she turned to follow him.

The little mouse was met with a soft smile, as she settled on the stone, precariously managing her position with the gentle flap of her wings. "Hiya, Hyper. Did you have fun?" Her lantern had been left on the shores, not that she could say they truly needed it.

Teasing the dormouse with a gentle stroke of her fingers across its back, she studied the sky above them. "When you were a little boy, and you couldn't even get off the ground, she used to carry you out here. It was a big, family affair back then." The Sen siblings were a large, mixed group of fae, but many of them were around Naavi's age, unlike the boy next to her.

"You were the closest thing she had to a child, you know." She reached over the lantern to tousle blonde curls. "But, we're here, not because of tradition, but because it's good to get away from everyone, just for a bit." That in-and-of-itself was a tradition, Naavi and Alcyone had slipped away with Keyes every LongNight, slinking out of the watchful eye of the other Sen siblings.
Sen
Keyes Sen
Thief

Age: 56 | Height: 5' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
KEYES
i won't cry for you
"Being lazy, yes. Listening to stories? gods kill me first," he replied with a roll of his eyes, leaning back on his palms and letting his legs dangle freely over the edge of the rock. Naavi made her way over to him, and though he played indifferent he loved when his sister was near. She placed herself on the stone next to him, and gave her attention to Hyperion, the small sorrel mouse purring under her touch. He loved Naavi too, but was far less snarky about it.

Keyes snorted at her comment to his companion, Hyper wasn't his approved nickname for the creature, but he couldn't keep Naavi from doing anything. He just shook his head with an amused lightness, a golden curl bouncing above his brow. At Naavi's next statement, his expression darkened, brows narrowing just slightly. Not because of her teasing, but for her mention of her. Alcyone.

He didn't like that sentimental feeling, that sickening feeling of loss. Where other's might be able to think back on those who have passed with happy memories, Keyes found that everyone who'd left him had taken their happy memories with them. What he had left of Alcyone, the few treasured things that hadn't been crippled by her death, he refused to talk about or else risk losing them too.

She pushed him from his moment of brooding, of shelter from pathos, with a hand in his hair. A scowl and high pitched protest, he tried to duck away, though a light smirk pulled at his lips again. "You know I hate it when people touch my hair," he replied, grin returned and aimed at Naavi.
see when you're gone
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
"Lazy will get you nowhere, sneakthief." She stuck her tongue out at the boy. He'd always be a boy. She had too many memories of changing his diapers, teaching him to fly, to walk, to think he would ever grow up to be a man. Even now, with a year left until he was considered an adult, he was still her boy. Naavi and Alcyone had been considering children, when Keyes' mother had dropped her newborn child off with them.

They'd decided against anymore children after that, Keyes had been enough. Not a terror, per se, but certainly wild. Especially with the family dynamic as it were. She grinned as he squealed a protest over his hair, rolling her eyes.

"Such pretty blonde hair. And those curls, ugh, to die for. Any girl or guy got your eye, Keyes?" She smirked as she asked the question, he might be taller than her, but she knew which buttons to push to get answers.
Sen
Keyes Sen
Thief

Change author:
KEYES
i won't cry for you
"I've been doing just fine so far," Keyes returned, crooking a finger at Rio, who with a squeak leapt from the lantern top and back up to his arm, then hopped into his lap. In reality he wasn't lazy, just rebellious, and in favor of spending his efforts on things he wasn't supposed to do. For those ventures, he had all the energy and excitement he could need. He grinned down at the mouse, a content aura radiating from the companion and seeping into his blood.

Naavi's teasing antics brought a smirk to his face, a rougishly handsome huff and purse of his lips. Even as he swatted her hand away his proverbial tail practically curled at the praise. He pretended to ignore her and the playful game, looking back to Rio and stroking the mouse's cheek, "What do you think Rio, should we tell her?" Then after making a show of 'conspiring' with the mouse, he looked back to his sister with a devilish grin, "Rio said to tell you, 'stay out of our business, you meddling fairy'."
see when you're gone
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
Naavi snorted, tousling his hair again. "I know you have. And I'm proud of you." She stated, with a grin. She was proud of the boy.

When the mouse 'spoke' to her, she chuckled. "Hey, now, I'll meddle where I please, you two." She stuck her tongue out at the two of them, muttering, "Listen, when LongNight ends, I want you to stay safe okay?" She wasn't telling him not to leave the Greatwood, she knew that was coming.

She also knew she wanted to leave the Greatwood, and explore. "There are things going on, that aren't... the safest things," she explained, thinking of Nephele, who had come to her with a wound.
Sen
Keyes Sen
Thief

Change author:
KEYES
i won't cry for you
This time Keyes allowed the tousling, a temporary break in his exterior to let his sister in. His parent figure really, since neither of his DNA donors had been present during the raising process. 49 years he'd spent with Naavi and Alcyone and the other Sen siblings, the rowdy and disfunctional fae family that they were. And despite a bitterness towards the circumstances of his upbringing, he wouldn't be the same without them.

The imp gave a playful roll of his eyes at Naavi's statement, to stay safe when Longnight ends. He was known to be a troublemaker, and go sniffing where he didn't belong. A street mutt, wandering and finding ways to insert himself wherever drama was promised. He figured she was just warning against this behavior, as a good guardian would. He didn't know of the dangers that lurked behind the veil, hidden from the adolescence he was about to leave behind.

"Right, cause you're so careful," he replied with a levity to his words, that didn't reflect on the severity of the situation.
see when you're gone
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
Naavi scoffed, "The Ascended aren't to be messed with, okay?" The attack on their beloved Mathair had left her without her lover, and Keyes without a mother. "Just... be careful. Nephele came home with a wound, just before LongNight began." She murmured the words, furrowing her brow as guilt surged to the surface. Nephele had not said it had to do with the ascended, but Naavi could assume, especially with the fact the Ascended were their enemies, more or less. Not that she was sold on that--the Voice was an imposter, guiding the ascended down a path by force... At least, that's what she believed.

She liked the younger fae. Though she'd never allowed herself love again; not after Alcyone. "What do you say, when Flowerbirth comes 'round, you and I go trading together in Torchline?" She raised her eyebrows, grinning to the younger fae.

"Perhaps you can teach me how to nick some shinies, hm?" Little brother had a lot to teach his big sister, just as much as she had to teach him, and she wasn't forgetting that. "But remember, the further from the wood we go..." The more at risk they became, the Greatwood protected them, after all.
Sen
Keyes Sen
Thief

Change author:
KEYES
i won't cry for you
The Ascended, so that's what she meant. His eyes darkened, brows narrowed at the mention of the lifeless, the thieves who'd stolen Alcyone and the Mathair from them. He'd never met one, and couldn't possibly have all the information, but he knew he hated them. He may appear juvenile, small, just a teenager, but Keyes's anger was deep seated and old.

"I'm not Nephele, I won't get hurt," he replied, Rio having hopped up his shirt to nestle at his collar bone, sensing the shift in his mood. He gave the soft sunny mouse a gentle nuzzle in response, as Naavi changed the subject to lighter matters. To Torchline? Keyes had never been there before, but he'd heard about it from other fae. He'd be considered an adult by then, there could be no objections to him exploring and finding his own way.

And making mischeif of course, which he certainly planned to do whether or not it was endorsed. Naavi recieved a grin in response, and a nod to her other request, "That sounds great, I can't promise you'll be any good though," he replied tauntingly, snickering to himself and letting his legs swing below him. She threw in some more caution, eliciting another roll of his eyes, "The more danger we're in blah blah, yeah I promise I got it," he replied.
see when you're gone
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
"You can't promise me that," she murmured, sourly. But, there was solace in the fact he had been raised by a warrior and a healer; he knew both trades.

When he teased her, she snorted. "Maybe. But who knows, maybe I'll be good at thieving." She stuck her tongue out at him, rolling her eyes. He'd be grown soon, an adult by their standards and...

She kind of wished their parents could be here to see him. To see the boy she'd raised. "C'mon," she spoke a musical nickname in their native tongue, as she moved to claim the lantern and hop off the rock, wings fluttering.

"Time to go home."
Sen
Keyes Sen
Thief

Change author:
KEYES
i won't cry for you
Keyes had a very hard time being serious, sentimental. He always screwed up, in something he said or did, and he never knew how to be good. So he avoided it, deflected it with sarcasm or jokes. He loved jokes, he loved sarcasm. But he hated closing himself off, he wanted to cuddle and hug his sister and promise her that he would be safe and with her forever. Something held him back, a self destructive tendency that stung and broiled in his gut every quiet second that passed.

He wanted to promise that he'd stay out of trouble, but fae cannot tell lies.

"Maybe," the closest thing she'd get to praise from him, but at this point in their lives she probably knew that. He grinned as she stuck out her tongue, and started to lay back against the rock, just as Naavi beckoned him up with a come on. He startled a bit, Rio falling from his perch and Keyes having to catch him, place him back where he belonged.

"Didn't we just get here?" he mumbled, standing and fluttering down on iridescent wings after Naavi, playing the rebel but obeying like the loyal brother he was. After a moment of pouting and lagging behind, he realized his sister was a bit ahead, and with a squeak he called, "Wait up!"

Fin!
see when you're gone