[SE] Why not? -o-
Open, anon mischief
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANCE
I need a time out.
Send me to the beach
He hadn't really believed people when they said the sky went completely dark during the Long Night. But when the sun set on the final day and the stars winked out of the sky, there was no denying the truth of it. When the sun didn't rise, the strangeness skipped right over 'interesting' and went straight to 'eerie'. He was even more grateful that he'd found Kel so soon after his arrival. At least with a friend he felt so safe with, it was easier to not let the anxiety that boiled in his stomach grow into full-blown fear.

But even with that anxiety, Rance's curiosity was unrelenting. He would have liked factual information -- something a place like the Atheneum might be able to provide -- but he also wanted to see with his own eyes how people were living with the darkness. How the natives dealt with an event that was a annual occurrence for them.

What better way to scout than from above?

Curiosity finally won the internal battle and Rance was off. He flew carefully -- what with a raven's poor night vision -- straight for civilization. Torchline's people carried none of the fear and solemnity that the Grounders did for the week. Some seemed to be treating it as a time for revelry! The mood was infectious and Rance found himself flapping from roof to roof to catch glimpses, a black bird against the black sky. He'd definitely be exploring in human form at least once, but knowing a bit of what was happening -- both for his benefit and Kel's -- definitely couldn't hurt.

Neither could a little... mischief.

The first pebble he dropped on someone was more whim than planned. Some drunk laughing with a group. Their startled face when small rocks fell from above was so entertaining that Rance was all but hopping on his perch. From there, it became a game. A few pebbles or a broken seashell tossed from the edge of a roof. A mimicked bark of laughter in a moment of silence. He never lingered too long in one spot, waiting only to catch the target's reaction. Just harmless fun!

tl;dr  Rance flies to the Port to get a gauge of the natives' LN rituals and ends up mimicking people's laughter and dropping pebbles on them for the lawls.
and don't let me come back
'til my attitude changes.