{se} five-finger discount {open}
open, anon mischief
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Theo

Theo was having a bad morning: hungry, dusted with sand from a bad night's sleep on the beach, and just in an all-round bad mood. Which meant he wasn't exactly in a state to try his usual smooth-talking tricks. Later he'd have to scam his way into a bathhouse or something, but for now, he just wanted a quick meal.

Hence his presence in the market, sliding between stalls and looking for an opportunity. Outright thievery was one of the oldest, most reliable tools in Theo's arsenal, if a bit more high-risk than a more subtle scam. His telekinesis helped, as did the flickering shadows left by the torches trying to combat the LongNight darkness. He'd nabbed himself an orange, a small loaf of banana bread -- still warm -- and even a trinket or two he might trade for a bath by the time someone noticed his work. "Thief! I've been robbed!"

Sounded like it was time for Theo to make a graceful exit.

can't say good morning without lying twice

coding base by Skylark
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANCE
I need a time out.
Send me to the beach
Still out causing his own mischief on the wing, it was a little surprising to hear an outcry below that wasn't his fault! He leaned forward just in time to catch sight of the person yelling and those around them starting to notice. Now, Rance had heard from Kel that thieves and rakes abounded in Torchline's towns. It was one of the reasons he'd chosen to explore in feathered form! Still, knowing a thing and seeing it from relative safety were two different things. He hopped along the edge of the roof, looking rapidly for any who might be the thief in question.

Was he going to confront the thief? Simply watch? Or just annoy them as he had everyone else? It would all depend on how mischievous he was still feeling when he spotted the thief.
and don't let me come back
'til my attitude changes.
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Theo

Theo stepped back into a doorway as the commotion increased. Man, they just weren't going to let it go this time, were they? Securing his ill-gotten gains in his pockets, he raised his voice, calling over the commotion: "Over here! I saw him go that way!"

Maybe it was a mistake to bring attention to himself when he was, in fact, the culprit they sought. But Theo could never resist a good bit of misdirection. To add a touch of verisimilitude, he used his telekinesis to kick up some dust and pebbles down the street in the direction he'd pointed, as if someone had just rushed past.

can't say good morning without lying twice

coding base by Skylark