wild ones
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
That’s all they could do right now - hope. Vai couldn’t help but smile as she felt Felix curl in on himself, her fingertips moving back to absently smooth through his hair, as if out of habit. She fell quiet after that, watching the flickering shadows on the ceiling from the candlelight, eyes slowly slipping shut. Vai might have even drifted off were it not for the sound of her son’s voice; she blinked down at him, smiling warmly.

”I’ll be just fine,” she promised him, leaning in to kiss his forehead. ”He asked me to hold the fort here, to take care of Seren. So that’s what I’ll do until he gets back.” With the easy calm of one who had children, she made it sound almost easy. And anything behind that? Well, that would be dealt with later.

Coding base by Sky!
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 7 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
oh i got troubles that won't let me be, but i won't get tired, set the world on fire
If there was one motion that soothed the boy more than most, it was the feeling of his mother smoothing his sleep tousled hair. But of course, he can’t lean into the feeling completely, not as he suddenly worries for her, so intensely that he gives it all of his attention despite the slight lull that’s overcome the room. The only other relief given is when she leans forward to press a kiss to his forehead, and he presses into it gently – ever the good cub – before dual-toned eyes focus on her again.

Okay.” He agrees, his own small quiet vow to help in whatever way he can. The arm that’s around her grows tighter and he nestles in easily. “Oh, I met a man named Samuel on the docks. He told me to tell you he says hi.” He offers quietly, perhaps a bit sheepishly, mind drifting back toward the subject of books and stories and the fact that he’d leaned about cannibals that day.

Still a thing that grossed him out deep down if he’s being honest.
'till my troubles got trouble with me
FELIX
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vervain
Smiling softly at his agreement, Vai settled back as well and closed her eyes, only for one to peek open at the mention of Sam, the huntress looking interested. ”Look at you, exploring all over,” she murmured, sounding proud if anything. Vai was hardly the sort of parent to encourage staying inside and all the boredom that entailed. Felix knew how to be safe - she had taught him, though whether he listened and put it into practice was another story - so there was no need to keep him cooped up.

”That was kind of him. I think he is moving here to Torchline, you know. If you wanted to stay you would probably see him again.” Speaking of which, there was something to settle, before she let sleep take the both of them again. ”What would you like to do, when LongNight is over?” she asked.

Coding base by Sky!
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
oh i got troubles that won't let me be, but i won't get tired, set the world on fire
He’s immensely proud of the fact he’s been exploring and learning so much. It’s been an awkward transition from the hidden away aspect the Greatwood offered to being up front in the public eye. But he had been safe about it, hadn’t stepped on too many toes, hadn’t gone out in his bear shift just on the off chance something happened. But some things didn’t change, like the wild pulls of his heart, the intrigue within.

Her comment of Samuel moving to Torchline does interest him, and he tilts his head up a bit. “He writes books and stuff. I think I want to talk to him and see if he might teach me some days.” He muses, dual toned gaze flickering along the lanes of his mother's face, checking for a reaction that might be adverse to the idea. If anything it would free her up as well, though, and he’d be able to come home and show her the things he’d learned.

I want to stay for a little bit. If that’s okay.” He murmurs, focusing on all the opportunities it held. So much to explore and learn in comparison. The social skills as well.
FELIX
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
As he glanced up at her, Vai turned to look at him in return and raised a curious brow. Pleasantly surprised at hearing he wanted to spend more time with Sam to learn from him, she gave her son a cheerful smile, nodding in agreement. ”I think that would be a good idea,” she said. ”He will be finding his way around Torchline as well, so you can probably learn about the place together. You can tell me all about it then, too.” She winked.

And if that wasn’t a clue enough about where Felix wanted to stay, her bear cub confirmed it just a moment later. Her smile growing sweeter, Vai settled down again. ”Then we’ll stay. Of course it’s okay - like you even have to ask. I’ll need to head to the Greatwood on occasion anyway. You can come with me if you want, help check on the place.”

Coding base by Sky!
Felix Calob

Change author:
Her cheerful smile soothes any worries he might have over the idea that he might be inadvertently trying to replace her as his teacher – but she’s right in the end. Maybe they could learn together. Maybe they could in fact go on these small adventures together and he’d be able to come home and boast and brag all about what he’d accomplished in that day with Samuel. It’s a thought he looks forward to the more he considers it.

But exhaustion settles in as he asks if they can stay, and he snuggles in closer and lowers his head to her shoulder and closes his eyes at her acceptance. “Yeah, I want to.” Is it because he wants to be sure that some things remain normal? Hard to say. All he knows is that he wants to keep things both simultaneously the same and not at all close. Though it’s a thought his mind can’t quite wrap around yet. “Love you, mom.” He murmurs quietly, before sleep overtakes him and a soft snore racks through him.
FELIX
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
”Good, I’d like that,” she murmured in response to Felix, smiling and letting her eyes slip shut as she felt him get comfortable, anticipating that he’d soon be back to sleep. It was true, though, that her smile grew a little wider at hearing him say he loved her; for any regular teenager this would be a rarity and a half, and she had no doubt that given enough time in Torchline, they’d get there. But for now it was quiet and still, and if she pretended hard enough then the whisper of the waves might be the wind in the Greatwood trees.

”I love you too,” she murmured back to him, but by then Felix was already snoring. That definitely made it sound more like home, and in no time at all Vai had drifted off as well. Now all there was left to do was... wait out Longnight.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!