reprieve
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005

Noah Olson

This winter kiss has left me poisoned
And I will never be the same again

When Noah visited a shrine before, he was cursed. He was left with only questions to ask. Delphine had helped him break that curse, somehow, and for that he was thankful. However, there was no hesitation to return to the shrines, despite the shortcomings of before. He was a stubborn man, that was true to the core of him, and he had decided that the gods needed to have a higher place in his life. The world was different now than it had been before. The outlanders were coming in waves, his friends were dying or emotionally imploding, and Noah needed to focus on serving, helping, protecting.

So he sought help.

Entering the Citadel had been easy. Upon the first light of Flowerbirth, the citizens of Halo flooded Snowcloak and left the Academy to be cleaned up later. Noah left them and headed for the shrine. He guessed most people would assume he was moving out for a hunt, with the way his quiver and bow were strapped to him. He let their assumptions be their assumptions. Once arrived, Noah knelt down before the shrine and reached in his pack for his offering. It was an amalgamation of different items -- bundled herbs for cleansing the air, a beautiful knife with an ornately carved ursur tusk handle, and resting beneath those two items a soft scarf made for him by one of the elderly women during Longnight. "Please, hear my prayer, I seek you to help me help the people."

Noah is coming to ask about a magically imbued bow and arrow.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
what the snow hides shall never be found
The candles flicker once Noah’s words leave his lips. It is not a god that shows, no, this creature appears almost like a woman, curved and beautiful, if not for her head. Her head wears the shroud of a Luxere’s own, glimmering antlers reaching tall into the sky, with blackened bleeding eyes that watch Noah from the corner of the room.

”Help you… Help people? Whatever do you mean, darling?” She croons, head tilting to the side as if she can bore her ebony eyes through him.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Noah Olson

The candles flickered and Noah's attention was fully caught. His heart pounded in his chest with the anticipation of it all. He had never met a god, barely knew anything about them. The last time he had visited one of their shrines, seeking their help, he had received a curse. He held his breath, placing his offering down before the shrine. It felt like a millennia in his mind before he heard the voice. The creature moved silently and carefully, staying in the shadows. The hunter turned his head to look. He was an observant man--he needed to be, for his craft. He took in another breath as he took in what he was looking at. At first, he thought it just a woman. But, his eyes caught the head upon her shoulders and the dazzling rack upon her head. Noah lifted a brow for a moment, meeting her eyes for a fleeting moment, before lowering his head in a respectful manner.

"Yes, I want to help the people." He started. "I am a hunter. It's in my blood. The people of Snowcloak need someone such as me." He knew the words he was saying were probably already a part of this creature's knowledge. He did not know how ancient she(?) was, or how much she saw. What was she, exactly? A creature sent to him from the gods? Or was she an agent of the Eirachi? He couldn't focus on that now, he needed to answer her question. The large hunter moved his bow and quiver from their familiar place upon his back and he held them in his hands, stretched out towards the luxere-woman slightly, and looked up towards her black, bleeding eyes. "For as many hours as I practice, as I hunt, I come back empty handed more often than I should. I am seeking help, in the form of his very bow, that it never misses its target."

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
what the snow hides shall never be found
Dark eyes scan over the hunter from within the bleeding head of the Luxere. His request, his question and subsequent explanation of why he seeks to help people. Unfortunately, however, this spirit is unable to offer Noah much in the way of help, far too keen on tricking and surprising all those who come across her.

”How do you know it is not you that need to get better with your aim?” Her soft voice chimes yet the luxere’s maw does not move. It is not a chide, just simply the fact that practice made perfect at the end of the day, if he didn’t come across a god to help make these options true. Her dark eyes flicker over the bow and arrows, before she steps back from the shrine, keeping him in her sights. ”Unfortunately, there’ll be no gods to help your request today, darling.”
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

This creature was all too curious for Noah. He watched the way she moved and spoke, without opening her maw. Was this a creature, or a woman? He knew attuned who had honed their power enough to partially shift into what their animals forms were. Is that what she was doing? Was he being mocked? His eyebrows knit together in their typical fashion, the thoughts running through his mind causing the action as per usual.

When she spoke again, his grip on his hunting tools tightened slightly. The muscles in his jaw feathered--he wasn't offended, in essence, but he knew the creature (woman?) was wrong. The memory flashed behind his eyes, clear as day. It still made his stomach turn. He remembered the first arrow he nocked and flew--into the man's side. He remembered the second--landing straight where he placed it, in the man's eye, despite his uproared emotions and intensity. He knew it wasn't him -- his aim was as true as he could make it, but still there were failures.

When the luxere-woman admitted she could not help him, and that no gods would be appearing for him today, Noah sighed. He stood, no longer needing to spend time with this woman-creature. He had no questions for her. "Stay warm." He said, a familiar Halovian farewell before he turned and left the shrine.

-FIN