Personal Quest Make it again, but better
Open PQ to rebuild the Citadel Gates
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Morgan almost groaned when (who else?) Neron came to help her with the door, but kept on her usual face of stoic professionalism; there was a job to be done and she was good at compartmentalising when she had to. Anything awkward between her and the Launceleyn could bloody well wait until the right moment and right now, they had to lift the gate. With Mallorie going to grab the other half, Morgan looked about for Korbin...failing to see him now, she whistled for a guard to come and assist.

Between the four of them, they got the doors up into place without much of a struggle and thanks to the mason and Noah's now successful work, they slipped easily into place, workers on either side beginning to hammer in nails for the hinges on either side. Morgan allowed them all a moment's rest to stand and watch their hard work be fitted, but the task wasn't quite over yet.

Masons began to lift in and balance the portcullis, that involving more finesse than it did strength. "I was thinking..." Morgan said, turning to the group. "To memorialise the people we lost when these gates fell, I want to engrave names into the bricks that surround the new ones. I have a list...I think between us all, it should not take too long." Reaching into her pocket, Morgan handed out slips of paper to each volunteer, each containing neatly written guard's names.

"There are chisels in that box - it does not need to be neat; I am sure they will not mind." A sad smile on her face, she went to begin on her own list of names.

---
We are skipping Korbin for now! He's welcome to rejoin at any point.

The final task is to help Morgan engrave names into the bricks.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
NERON
show me how defenceless you really are
The gates went up without too much of a fuss; something for which Neron was grateful, given that he would likely have been squashed under the thing if they had dropped it. Once they were finished he stood back with the rest of the group to watch, the portcullis coming down and completing the work. Steel blue eyes flicked back across to Morgan when she spoke, Neron arching an eyebrow and accepting the list he had been given.

”They may not mind, but their families might,” he pointed out, scanning his list and moving to collect up a chisel. He wasn’t particularly skilled at the task, but he was meticulous, Neron working slowly but thoroughly to ensure each name went on neat, was legible - and spelled correctly. ”It should look good, once it’s done...”
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Nothing ever comes without a consequence or cost

The mason and the hunter finished their task without many words to one another. Noah listened when the mason gave instruction and did obediently as he was told. The exhaustion he had not felt--had not realized--before starting this task was beginning to really set into his bones. It showed as he worked with a cold expression that strayed from his normal concentration face to one of strain. He was happy to help get this project done, but he would be even happier to make his way back to his house for some much-needed rest in a bed that fit both him and Delphine with ease and room to spare.

Finally, Noah thanked the mason for his work and shook the man's hand. He gruffed under his breath a sarcastic thank you for Noah's work. While he may normally have taken the response personally and berated himself inwardly for it, he did not have the mental energy to do so. Turning, he headed towards Morgan. She handed them slips of paper with names that Noah knew well. In fact, the paper she handed him had names that he had given her the day the attack happened. He frowned as he looked at it, but nodded to the Warden and set to work. He was not as meticulous as the Hailstorm, but he worked well.

NOAH OLSON
Mallorie Woodbourne
Deepfrost Shield

Age: 42 | Height: 5'5/169cm | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Dutch Offline
Change author:
How can we know where we are if the sun is behind us?
Mallorie huffed a little in exertion once the gate went up; they’d done good work without any injuries or serious mishaps. She nodded at the group and felt a little proud that she’d been part of something that left a lasting mark on Halo, even if it was just a gate. It might not be beautiful, but it was solid and strong. An imposing sentinel - fitting for Halo.

At Morgan’s final command, she accepted her list of names and read them intently. It was a gesture she thought would be appreciated - those who died in the defence of Halo now being part of its protection. She didn’t know the guards who came before her, but seeing their names was...a strange weight to bear.

“It should at least be some comfort that they’ll be remembered.” She said, thoughtfully.

Then she took to her work, endeavouring to inscribe each name as clearly and carefully as possible.
MALLORIE
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
And so they all went to carve in the names of the lost; perhaps to a newcomer the wall would look scruffy with the cuts in the fresh stone but to Morgan it was an odd kind of beautiful, each mark honouring one who had fallen in the battle here. While she'd never be able to make it up to those that had been killed nor their families, she hoped this was the first step towards something close.

The second was making sure these gates and everything else she endeavoured to do for Halo were secure enough that another attack couldn't happen in the same way: looking at the sturdy double-portcullis, she felt confident that they would do better now in such a siege: if only they could have done the work earlier.

Still, it was being done now. Shaking the hands of everyone that had helped and thanking them with a solemn smile, she went to talk to the gatesman about operation of their new machinery.

---
Thank you for helping in this PQ!

{FIN}
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for