older and wiser, or so they say
for Korbin
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Through the grapevine, the Wraith hears that the Sparkbird came again, that no one else died, that Amalia and Ronin ended up okay after whatever exploded in the basement of the fake spire. She’d needed to convalesce, to repair her foot and the the spear-hole and the whatever the orb had taken from her. After drinking from her Lady, all was much better, but it still took a few days before she looked normal enough to not freak anyone out - not everyone walks around with holes in them like it’s no big deal.

It’s a dark, chilly, early spring evening. She still has the cloak, which hides everything except the faint tinkling of windchimes as it falls into the foggy abyss, that minute act of rebellion far too small in comparison to what she wished she’d been able to do.

Even the door is gone and she’d have burned it down. Oh well. The dull ache of loss flares up, and she hangs her head, feeling a bit lost and defeated. There are things to be done, people to see, and paths to forge, but the deaths lay heavy on her heart and the appearance of Robin’s body parts lay even heavier on her mind.

Pulling the hood up, Wessex is more or less invisible until either the street lights or someone’s torch prompt her to shove the cloak off, lest her secret be discovered.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
KORBIN
But what does it take to break you, to awake you?
To make you bow and spit it out?
Footsteps upon the bridge brought the warning she needed. Korbin carried neither torch nor lantern, and regretted this fact as he made his way along the dark streets. Without snow to light up the ground, night was a darker thing here in the Grounds. The nip in the air was a welcome reprieve after the warmth of the day; he savored it, relishing the way his mind cleared with the cold.

He felt out of place here. The long, steady strides contradicted the sentiment, a guise of confidence keeping his back straight and chin up, but Korbin knew the veneer was thin. Easily shattered, only an illusion to fool himself into thinking he was alright.

At least it fooled others too. After talking to an endless stream of merchants and farmers he had almost secured enough deals to cover the losses Deepfrost had wrought upon the Kraai. Furs and meat for alcohol and grain; it was good business, and he should be pleased. Only one more day, then he could go back home.

But the sigh heaving from him told a different tale.
Doesn't matter if I hate you or embrace you
Nothing makes you turn around
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
They both feel out of place; her home, even if she bitterly refers to it as a former cage, no longer feels accepting. Even though nothing has been decided about anything and even though it’s perfectly acceptable for her to up and move - where would she go? There’s no one out there for Wessex. At least… not right now. Her thoughts weigh as heavily as the damp cloak upon her shoulders, but the footsteps give her enough warning to shove the hood back and push the edges behind her in time. Hopefully.

The Wraith is so fucking apt, it’s beyond ironic. She could disappear into this mist and the only reason they’d miss her is because they wouldn’t have a good figure to direct their anger towards. Lost in thought and keeping her head down, she doesn’t recognize the person until they’re up close and personal. “Korbin,” she says with a slight frown. “What -?” Shaking her head to clear the thought cobwebs, she continues in another vein of thought. “Didn’t expect to see you here, of all places.”

On a spooky-ass bridge in the Hollowed Ground, she means. It’s not exactly visitor central, their main attraction. No, that's the now-hollow Spire. But if you're not into big, black phallic ruins, she can understand why it's not everyone's thing.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX