all your lovers eventually fade
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
what's harder, harder to fake? that you want me to stay, or that you want me to stay the same
for you? chained to a lie. who's to blame? let it die. we're the same
He listens, keeping himself hidden away, wishing to shrink further when Hotaru brings him up. And he’s perhaps the only one that knows her past as well as her family does, the way that she would react to such a thing. And that’s part of the reason why she had been so angry, hurt when Sunjata had fucked up after she’d specifically told him not to. But it isn’t until her quiet words, made not to be an accusation, still hit like one and he exhales that long breath he’d drawn in, puffing a sigh through Nate’s dark locks.

And then she asks why she should have stayed, and he listens as Nate’s answer is aired, as his voice cracks, and Sunjata’s arm squeezes tighter around the Ascended in some half awkward attempt at trying to figure out where the fuck to even start. He can hear the hurt in Nate’s voice, hear the way that it’s put out into the open – that brutal honesty that Nate’s so surprisingly good at that Sunjata can’t quite manage himself.

So instead, as he quietly asks what he could say that would make Hotaru want to stay, Sunjata begins to shift and move a bit, his head lifting until the back of his skull hits the wall behind him and he levels his steel gaze at Hotaru, one hand reaching out to tether to her just as he’s tethered to Nate. He wants to hide away and pretend, but that’ll get them nowhere. So he draws an exhausted breath, focused on Hotaru with every open feeling between them that there had been prior.

How do you know that, Ru?” His accented voice airs, answering the question that it wouldn’t be her that they turned to. “I have always needed you since the day I met you. Nate has needed you – I guarantee you’d have been far more helpful with everything after the attack than I had been, sticking my nose places where it didn’t belong.” A muscle feathers in his jaw as he shakes his head and takes a sharp breath. “I know that I fucked you over, but I never lied when I told you I loved you. There is room here, with us, with this,” he gestures with the hand that’s tethered to Hotaru, “you wouldn’t be imposing, we want you. We need you.” His voice grows quieter here, gaze a bit narrower, a bit more calculating. “I don’t care if you wanted to leave because of what I did, but Nate,” he trails off, tilting his head then to look toward his one eyed lover, “I want to give him everything, he deserves everything, but I can’t give him all of me. And he can't give it all to me either.” His head tilts back to Hotaru, knowing that she'd know how hard it always was for him to admit the fact that he loved anyone. "But - fuck, we love you, Hotaru. I think we always have."
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
There's a darkness down inside me
That I know we'll both enjoy
"I did," she agrees solemnly, because even in her most devious days Hotaru owns her actions. Aware that she had left not because of something they had done intentionally to hurt her, but because of her past. That damnable thing that keeps her from happiness even now. Nate's accusation of trust brings forth the blossoming pain to her eyes, the regret that she doesn't try to hide. "I have...my own issues, with this sort of thing. It's easier to be your playmate than your partner. It wasn't you, even if I hurt you in the process." She won't let herself look away from him as she says it, won't hide from her own insecurities even if it feels like bleeding poison out of a wound. One that she's not sure she has tended to in time. Sunjata knows more about her history than anybody, which makes it all the harder to hear them chime in tandem to destroy her walls.

What could he say? It's a monumental question, one she isn't sure how to answer, so instead she worries at her lip and listens instead to Sunjata as he speaks up in turn. A little stunned by how forthright he is, how unabashedly he says the word love. Had he ever even said to her before? Had the words ever crossed his lips? She can't recall, has maybe intentionally pushed it away from her mind to spare herself from the memory of it after he'd left her for more interesting souls. Closing her eyes tight to avoid looking at either of them, she clenches her hands at her sides and tries to be brave. To be more than the guarded, bitter woman life has made her into.

"I don't know what you could say, aside from what you have. Others have made the same promises that amounted to nothing, I can't trust words alone anymore." Sunjata at least knows this. Maybe in time Nate will as well, if they mean this as deeply as they say. "If you want me here," her voice trembles, and she pauses to swallow and start again, ashamed of her weakness. "If you want me here, then that's enough. But I need to know in what way. As your shared lover? As an equal partner? Love means so many things. And I know that I...I love you as well. I think I can come to love you, both of you, all the more with time." Finally daring to open her eyes and finding them slightly damp, she turns her beseeching gaze towards both men, uncertain who to focus on. "If you want me...I'll stay. For however long you'll love me, I'll love you in return." Reaching for their hands, she grabs one in each of her own, further connecting the three of them together. Lifting her eyes to the ceiling, she breathes unsteadily. What she has to ask is difficult, perhaps cynical, but she can't leave it unsaid. "Just...if you stop loving me someday, please just tell me. If ever you don't want me at your sides, let me leave with grace. Don't abandon me like all the others, leaving me behind to ask what I did wrong with no way of getting an answer."
and it's screaming from within me
to have us set it free
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
When you’re around
I don’t know how to hide my feelings
Nate might understand the ramifications the past could have better than anyone, the circles that were walked again and again and again, but it didn't stop the hurt, no matter how he wanted to. And it shows in his face, in his unblinking gaze. He forgives her, he understands, but he is hurt.

Sunjata's words help Nate to find the resolve in him to steady again, to swallow and nod. They do need her. Not that they're incomplete without, but that it feels more complete with her there. They want her here. His blue eyed gaze finally falls away from Hotaru's face to meet Sunjata's, Nate leaning to brush his lips against the attuned's cheek, not wanting to interrupt his flow. And when the words I love you fall from his lips, Nate blinks, surprise, and a kind of hazy pride filling him. The edge of a smile curls his lips, breaking through the hurt, as he turns back to face Hotaru. "We love you." He echoes, nothing more to add.

It's easier to speak without her eyes on them, a fact that he tries to take advantage of to say as much as he can. "It wouldn't be fair if we asked you for anything different than what we ask each other." Nate ventured, trying to put words to feelings on the fly. There's something so different about being in this moment, about coming to it in this way, that makes it harder than a mere hypothetical. "Do what you want, with who you want, just... come home, to us, at the end of it." He squeezes her hand, meets her eyes, and nods, though he frowns at the request, at the implications it points to in her past. Perhaps it's a little easier to understand her actions than he'd thought. "I don't think that's something you have to worry about. But... if it ever happens, no one will just disappear."

There's a serious heavy atmosphere between them now, and he can't stand it. He's tired of sadness, tired of heaviness, especially in the face of what (he thinks) is happening. The edge of the grin is forced wider, into something wide. "And if you need more than words..." Nate pauses, to turn to Sunjata, to give the other man a split second warning that he was about to do something reckless, something that had the potential to blow them apart completely, but that could also be the foundation for everything they did from this point on. He felt lucky. "Then marry us."
I count in binary in my head
And you count clouds
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
what's harder, harder to fake? that you want me to stay, or that you want me to stay the same
Sunjata knows why that is, knows why Hotaru would prefer to be an object rather than an equal, but it still doesn’t help the sinking feeling in his gut as the two of them continue, as his words are aired and the exhaustion evident in every lull of his accented voice. He leans on Nate, while at the same time leaning on Hotaru as a tether as well, positive that things were right because they were all here, all together again, even if the conversation was tough and hard.

But it needed to be done, didn’t it?

He swallows hard, steel eyes focusing on Hotaru’s face, swallowing hard against a parched throat as she mentions she’s been burned before. But he’d never compare himself to the Thranduil she’d told him of, of the Ashamin, only to use for greed and wants only to abandon at the end. He’d always had a part of him that loved Hotaru, evident in the way that he tries to keep her here now, and with Nate? He can see it in Nate as well, no jealousy in his heart for it because he understands. Hotaru is special, something else entirely. And once you had a sip, you couldn’t ever compare anything else to normalcy again.

His lips part to answer her question, but Nate beats him to it – the same expectations that are granted towards themselves too. And instead, he clamps his lips shut, head bobbing in a slight nod before he rests the back of his skull against the wall again. “Come home, Hotaru.” He rumbles softly, quieter, half lidded eyes watching her reaction. Until of course, she grabs their hands and he squeezes hers gently, squeezes Nate’s side as the Ascended leans in and offers his attention on the attuned, Sunjata’s head tilting toward his lover as if he might see through the question, but when it comes, it does surprise Sunjata – just enough, unsure what her response would be.

But he agrees.

I’m sorry for what I did, Ru. But I’d never do to you what the men of your past did. Not intentionally, not without… You know. But…” He sighs heavily, squeezing her hand, knowing she’d understand the way he can be manipulated so easily. “Marry us.” It’s easier than explaining everything else, a quiet hum of hope strumming along within his heart as it beats thunderously loud in his ears. “Deimos might kill me, but it’d be worth it to have you.” A small bit of humor creeps up in the awkwardness of his agreement, a small wry smile crossing his face as he watches her for her reaction.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
They love her. They love her. They love her.

The feeling is like...like diving beneath the sunlit waves, opening your eyes beneath the water and watching the waves roll soundless and harmless over you. Beautiful, breath held and world silent with awe as if holding its breath in tandem. It's a dreamlike quality, and the only way she knows she isn't is because of the imperfections that none of them can erase. The hurt, the injuries, the fumbled confessions. And she cherishes the moment all the more for its human flaws.

"I'd be a fool to ever leave again," she manages to breathe, somewhere above a whisper but still quiet enough not to break this spell. "And I've never fancied myself a fool." Her lips play at her normal smirk, but she is too full of love and hope to hide the genuine smile that blooms around it.

As she holds their hands, there's no reason to say no to their terms, terms that she couldn't word any better. A perfect harmony of freedom and devotion. But before she can hope to reply, they...they...her mind can't seem to wrap around the magnitude of the words Nate speaks, the ones Sunjata echoes without an ounce of hesitation. They are so adept at leaving her wrongfooted, and her wide gaze flickers between them in astonished bewilderment. It's Sunjata's humor that breaks her frozen stupor, and then she's laughing, tears springing to her pale lashes as she pulls them both stubbornly closer to form a pile of bodies and hearts.

"Yes! Yes, you infuriatingly stubborn fools," she laughs, burying her face against Sunjata's throat to hide the vibrance of her radiant smile. Each word, for all they may seem to be insulting, is overflowing with adoration. It's both the most and least romantic gesture she has ever experienced, and she can want for nothing else. "Yes, I'll marry you. Both of you." Overcome with love for these stupid boys, she lifts up to press a salt warm kiss to Sunjata's lips, barely capable of reigning in her smile to do so. Then she turns and pulls Nate in to do the same. Downstairs, she can feel Atlas radiating smugness. "But you'll have to put up with my thousand questions about our supposed wedding. And yes, you'll have to survive Deimos," she confirms with a wicked glint to her smiling eyes as she looks back over her shoulder at Sunjata.
to have us set it free
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
When you’re around
If there is one thing that can break through the struggle, that can shine some light into the hole they've been very slowly sinking into, it's Hotaru's barely there whisper, her words. A wide smile, a proper one, maybe the first one in days, pulls across Nate's face, and he has the split second thought to leave it at that, to take this win and bask in it, but he can't. He's never been able to not push for more, to not push for what he wants, and, without even thinking about it, he knows this is something he wants. The both of them, the three of them, together.

Nate doesn't need breath, but that doesn't stop him from holding it, from clutching on to Hotaru's hand, from pulling her closer against him and Sunjata. This is a risk, can so quickly shift the good they've had, and he finds his confidence shaking. What will they do if she says no? What does it mean if she says no?

The Yes! echoes through through him, shutting out every scrap of worry, every whispering voice saying that maybe, he'd pushed too far, he'd made a mistake. In that single, giddy moment, with Hotaru laughing, he turns to press a kiss to Sunjata's cheek, the corner of his mouth. It might be a victory, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like they're whole, like some missing piece is settling in. His arms grow that much tighter around the two of them, knowing it must still bring a touch a pain, but thinking it's worth it for this moment.

Nate crashes into Hotaru, her smile matched by his, his heart soaring. To think that he'd somehow gotten this, somehow come to this place, after everything he'd gone through, everything he was still going through. It's a wonder. "We can start with the questions whenever you like." Nate murmurs, wrapped up somewhere near Hotaru's shoulder, though he's not willing to pull away and confirm that just yet. Not willing to move out of the warm tangle of limbs, a pile that he's going to get the chance to get used to. What a strange, dizzying thought.
And you count clouds
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata isn’t good at getting to the point. He never has been. It’s been Nate that’s charged in head first with the bluntness required to get what he wants, and it’s always been something he’d admired. And as for Hotaru? She’d always been calculating, smart, the one that could see both sides of a coin and decide whether heads or tails was best for her. It was also something Sunjata admired but was never good at.

It’s like his missing pieces fall together, an exhausted tug at his lips as soon as she says yes. He can feel the brush of Nate’s lips to the corner of his mouth, half wanting to turn and give in – but then Hotaru’s falling into him further and Sunjata huffs a sharp breath at the impact, her lips finding his and he drowns himself with her, as he always had, his hand leaving hers to run along her back as she turns her attention to Nate.

He leans back a bit then, giving them a moment with amusement glimmering in his gaze, leaning in to nuzzle his head alongside Nate’s, nose brushing against Hotaru’s cheek. A quiet rumble from Nate as his head is moved somewhere near Hotaru’s shoulder, and Sunjata finds himself focusing on Hotaru a bit more fully – pressing a soft kiss to her temple, tangled up in the pile with a heart thundering of love and everything fitting together right.

You can be my shield.” He hums to her, a small wicked grin forming along his lips in response to surviving Deimos. But then his steel gaze is flickering over her face as he withdraws, a dark brow raised in agreement with Nate’s comment, waiting for the questions.
SUNJATA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
There will never be a time where she isn't grateful for Nate's propensity to ask for things for herself. Already she knows that this day will be forever gilded in her memory, stained glass watercolor that immerses her in all shades of emotion that she will look back on with a full heart forever. It almost feels like a dream, to have come here burdened with grief and shame and regret, only to now feel as if everything is finally settling to rights. Like her axis has been tilted all this time, gravity meaningless, and now they have centered her. Their shared joy only makes her all the more confident in her answer, an endless feedback cycle that she never wants to end. She wants to stay here, in their tangled version of an embrace, and never emerge from this bed. Linger in the light and love that they have painfully cultivated, and never return to the pain of reality.

Sunjata's warm, calloused hand upon her spine is intoxicating, and their kisses linger on her lips like the sweetest nectar. They are all tired, broken, healing. Yet she has never felt more at peace than in this moment. It's a terrifying, dizzying downward spiral, but she has given her word not to pull away from them again. Hotaru won't let her fears rule her even if she may quietly nurse them in private.

"Me, shielding you? You'll have to shrink quite a lot for that to be a possibility." Her grin finally obtaining its teasing, viperous edge to it that has been missing since Leafchange. "Well...when's the date? I think that's the most important thing don't you think?" She aims this over her shoulder at Nate, coy and lighthearted, basking in the security in herself she suddenly feels, enveloped by these two men who love her for that. Who have seen the good and bad and terrible, and have asked her to marry them anyway.
to have us set it free
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
When you’re around
The only thing that keeps Nate from desperately holding onto this moment, from trying to capture it in amber, is the swirling sense that things are only going to rise from here. That this is not a moment, made perfect by it's fleeting bliss, but the first one, the first step in a new, uncharted territory of them. Perhaps there will be struggle, they are who they are, rough edges and broken pieces, but it will be struggle wrapped into a promise to try, to come together in support and love.

It's dizzying to try and think about, to try and focus on, and Nate's ecstatic when Hotaru takes up his offer for questions, give him, them, something to actually focus on, instead of the nebulous future.

"Well... we had planned on earlier, to try and make the most of the season after." That no longer seemed quite as appropriate though, with all they had to do, tasks piling on top of each other and eating up the little prep time they'd given themselves. Planning was perhaps not a strong suit between the two of them, but between three? They could make it work a little better. His arm wraps around Ru's waist as he slips ever closer, hardly any space between them now, where there's space at all. His eye though, lonely electric blue, shifts to Sunjata, wondering if the other man will have an issue with what he's going to suggest. "I don't... think that's enough time though. Not... not to do this right." He leans in when she looks back, pressing in there as well as everywhere else.
And you count clouds
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A lazy grin spreads across his face as he leans back, tired steel gaze finding her face as she settles in what little space remains with the tangle of them all. “Bat, bird, or snake. Take your pick.” He offers, running his hand along her spine. A smaller shift to hide behind her small frame, all laid out like a platter to choose from. The corners of his lips curl up slightly, amusement still glimmering in his gaze as her questions are asked and Nate’s single blue gaze flickers toward him with an answer.

And really, there’s the ability to plan with them all now, everyone that was involved here within the confines of their bedroom. “Melita has to be there. So we should wait until she’s back… Longheat?” His gaze flickers toward Hotaru then, a dark brow raised. “Is that enough time for you?” He asks with a softer edge to his smirk, settling in comfortably within the bed, his head tilting slightly to rest along whatever part of Nate he can reach, keeping his hand at Hotaru’s back to run idle strokes.

That gives us time to prep and heal, for you to see the Voice and for me to see Safrin.” He hums, letting his gaze wash over Hotaru as well in case she had any pressing matters to attend to before the wedding.
SUNJATA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
"I make no promises that he won't get you alone somehow," she teases back, well aware of Deimos' penchant for protectiveness. Already she knows she will have to personally bear his disappointment and confusion, as surely he won't understand why Hotaru has decided to open her previously wounded heart once more to the man that had so hurt her. In the end, she knows Deimos will support her. That even if he disagrees, he will be at her side during the wedding, and that's all Hotaru can ask for. Sunjata and Deimos...now that's a combination she can't avoid, and can only partially defend the man from. Hey, at least Nate is safe she thinks. Small mercies.

"That's enough time for me. I promised Wessex I'd help rescue a diety when Flowerbirth arrived, so I don't know how long it will take. LongHeat would be better, especially if I'm expected to make a sufficient dress." The glimmer of amusement in her eyes is clear, because she's a seamstress of course, and nobody could clothe her better than her own hands can. There's so much more she wants to ask, but suddenly feels unsure doing. But if she can't say it now, when can she? "Not to ruin the moment, but I...well, Sunjata you know how I feel about the topic. But if there comes a time when children are wanted, or expected...I just ask that regardless of who you may bite or sleep with, that that is something reserved only for us." Sunjata knows how terrified she is of having kids again, but of how desperately she longs for it. Just as she knows he doesn't want them himself, or hadn't when he'd been with Phoebe. But Nate deserves to know as well, even if his genetic material is no longer present and capable of reproduction. "And if you need to change things with the wedding because of me, I understand. I don't need anything material to know that I have promised myself to you. And if we plan this for LongHeat, I'll help however I can." But if they do, it would certainly be an honor that she wouldn't ignore.
to have us set it free
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
When you’re around
An easy smile clings to Nate's lips, not shifting as he begins to nod, Longheat sounding like the better time. The weather will be nicer, Melita will be back, Hotaru will be—

"What are you doing with Wessex?" Try as he might to hide it, there is an exhausted resignation in Nate's voice. If it wasn't for the fact that he couldn't age, he would be greying. "Do... Do I want to know?" She had just come back, and already was going to be leaving again? On something that just sounded dangerous? Was there no end to life's cruel ironies?

There's a touch of confusion, a quirk to Nate's brow in response to the request from Hotaru. "Children... would be a family thing. If we want that, obviously." It's a sensitive topic, something he hasn't thought on too much, something he can't help but think on now that it's come up. Something shifts in his smile, grows more thoughtful, more uncomfortable. "When... we want that?" Always, always there will be that fear that somehow, he will become his father. Become his mother. Maybe though, with three of them, with something based on love, they could be better. It's an entirely different conversation though, meant for an entirely different time. He's not getting into old trauma's right now.

"We didn't really... have much planned." Nate hums, glad for the easy shift back to wedding plans. They had had ideas, but that's not quite the same thing as actual plans. "If Longheat is what works, we'll do it in Longheat. We're doing this all together, right? It's going to be for us. All of us." A single blue eye fixes her with a look, reassuring and gently chastising all at once, before Nate shifts, trying to keep the abandoned and the attuned in the same view. "Sunjata and I can get things moving while you're gone." He says, squeezing the other mans good shoulder and trying to not let his worry colour the words.
And you count clouds
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata only hopes that there’s pieces left of him after this, after dealing with Deimos. It’s easier to put off for now, to focus on something else, like what leaves Hotaru’s lips that have his brows furrowing and Nate’s confusion evident in the air. A low sigh leaves him, a hand leaving Hotaru to rub at the side of his face. “I hadn’t expected it so soon.” He rumbles – fully aware of the endeavor. There’s an apologetic glance sent toward Nate with that, a small smile. “I was supposed to go with, offered my help… But seeing as the current situation, I’ll be sitting it out.” At the very least, that meant that Nate and he could have that quiet Flowerbirth they were after.

But his attention focuses back on Hotaru, a bit more narrow, a bit more calculating. “Be careful, okay?” A quiet offering – unsure what he’d do (what they would do) if she didn’t come back home. Their only rule.

Of course, that takes nothing compared to what happens next, when Hotaru’s words actually hit him, his mind stumbling over the implications of histories and the like. The arm around Nate grows a bit tighter. “Of course.” He agrees, unsure what else to say. His gaze slides toward Nate then, unsure if he’s ever told the Ascended about the possible child he’d almost had with Phoebe. But his attention snaps back to Hotaru immediately, something settling in his gut. “Would…” He trails off, wondering if she’d seek Phoebe out if she were to become pregnant, how that would go down, before swallowing and shaking his head. “We have time to talk more about our family when you’re back, right?” Slipping that mask on effortlessly, an easy smile replacing his anxieties swiftly. Though Nate and Hotaru could certainly see right through it.

Instead, he focuses on the other conversation – of Longheat and a life and family. His hand returns to her then, stroking along her cheek while his head tilts a bit more toward resting a top Nate’s. “We’ve got it. Just come back in one piece.” He hums, softly, hopeful for the best results out of this.
SUNJATA
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Admittedly it's not surprising that Sunjata bowed out, or even that he'd been asked at all. At least that means one of them is aware of the general circumstances behind her departure, which leaves her with only Nate to cajole into the idea. "We're rescuing a deity, one that exists trapped in an area we haven't discovered yet." Which yes, admittedly sounds very dangerous when put to words, but she's also not going to lie to her fiance. Wow...fiance. That's going to be something she has to get used to. Sunjata's soft concern has her turning to gently trace the tip of her nose across his freckled cheek, laying a barely there kiss against the side of his mouth. "Oh darling aren't I always? Seems you two have stolen all the trouble lately anyway, there might not be any to go around." Though she certainly won't court it, and that's clear in the promise of her eyes that go gentle where her mouth twists in playful sharp contrast.

It's a bit much to place on them, she knows that, and she even huffs a laugh at how they both immediately struggle with the notion. Men, honestly. "It's nothing immediate, calm down boys," Hotaru laughs softly, reaching to squeeze both men's hands. "I just...if you do sleep with someone, protection. Please. For that reason among many." Truly, Hotaru doesn't see herself being too sexual with others now that she has the two men that matter most to her entwined forever in her life. But she's content being the most - perhaps surprisingly - monogamous of them. So long as that one particular problem does not arise. Hotaru is a possessive woman, and a mother at heart, and any children they have will be hers. "And we can talk more, about desires and timing, when I return. We have nothing but time, now." And if that conversation gets put off because of their various combined problems? That's okay too. They're all still young.

Nate's silent chastisement has her giving a rare, sheepish grin in reply. Okay, so maybe she has to work on including herself in these plans, but Hotaru thinks she's doing rather well on such a short timeline. "LongHeat it is. I know we all have different traditions, but do we have rings or jewelry planned? I could ask Deimos?" How far exactly had they gotten? Hopefully more ideas than this, especially if they'd been so prepared for a spring wedding. But it doesn't really matter to Hotaru, who already mentioned her lack of care for material items - at least where sentimentality exists. Instead she finds herself hooking an ankle over Sunjata's calf, leaning her head into the slope of Nate's neck, body softening with the daze of warm air and morning hour sluggishness. Truly she'd be content to fall asleep all over again, here and now. To prove that this time, when they wake up, she'll be right there beside them as promised.
to have us set it free