frying pans, who knew? (open)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
The end of LongNight meant it was back to work for Oliver.

In this case, he had his first real job to do. All other tasks felt menial compared to this one, attempting to create items that he thought would be successful. In this case, he was working on a project as requested by Phoebe. It had been agreed that if he stayed within the brothel during LongNight (and also to help cover his... services), he'd in turn provide her with some cookware for those working within the brothel. It was an easy deal and Oliver saw it as an opportunity to perfect his work.

What he didn't know was that it also ended up being a fantastic stress reliever.

Slamming down the mallet into the hot metal, Oliver worked towards creating the flat shape of the pan, making sure to keep it flat but also have a lip around the sides. It was a steady and long process, so much so that he had been working on it for an hour now. With the face shield over his head and makeshift ear protectors in place.

Should someone arrive, they'd see a small rope with a sign that reads pull for assistance.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Who is in an identical hell
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
DELPHINE
Delphine had been the silent girl who had helped make the blacksmith's shop reality, never speaking a word. And today, as she entered the familiar shop, she was quiet, a bundle of furs held securely over her arm... She'd had to take off her layers once she'd left Halo; it was much warmer in the Grounds than the tundra.

She had been careful, this time. She'd told Noah she was going to the Grounds, to do some trading, revisit the last home she'd had. Though she was not going back to the cave... Anything of value was probably gone. She'd traveled with a patrol, heeding the incident at Whitebrim.

She heard the clang of metal against metal and spied a rope with a sign. Reaching out a hand, she pulled the rope once and adjusted her furs--under which she carried a bag, to keep her furs in, and she settled on the floor to pack her furs away, humming to herself. She wasn't here to get something for herself, but for Noah. He was always doing so much for her...

She could certainly get him something. After all, the man was a hunter. Her gift would be practical.
What's that thing they say about a rose by any other name?
Dandelion, dandelion.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
The system that Oliver had created was extremely basic and took an embarrassingly long amount of time to get into working order. All it did was lift up a flap that covered a lantern, causing a sudden blink of light from the corner of Oliver's eyes. The glass had been painted a blue color, creating a very special light that contrasted sharply against his work area.

Finishing up, he hit the metal one last time, the tools were set to the side along with his metal, each in their special locations. The pan was coming along well, it just needed a bit more work on the handle, bottom, and with flattening out the cooking part.

The blonde took a few steps back and lifted up his mask. "Oh, hello." It was the girl from when he worked on setting up his shop. "What brings you here?" As he asks, the ear protections are swiftly removed. "If you see anything you like, let me know. Otherwise, I could try to make whatever you want. Just let me know what you're interested in and we can work something out." Business mode was on and Oliver was ready to make a sale.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine's lips curved, as she moved to stand. "Hello! I... my boyfriend is a hunter, out on the Halo tundras? And I was wondering if you had--or might make--something that would be useful for him." She carefully explained, clearing her throat. Was that the first time she'd called the Halovian her boyfriend?

"I didn't bring a lot with me today, because I wasn't sure if you would be able to help me but... I'm a healer, and I'd be happy to trade herbs and medicines, or perhaps a painting or two?" She studied the blacksmith shop, envisioning where she might hang a painting or two.
Dandelion, dandelion.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a raise of Oliver's eyebrow and he immediately starts thinking, but tries to maintain eye contact and show that he is still listening. On the outside, he hopes that he looks professional, but on the inside? He's basically freaking out. An actual customer! Holy shit! Safe to say, he's pretty damn excited to say the least.

Her offers are decently nice and he finds himself nodding along. "Some healing supplies could be nice, yes. I'd consider a painting." Maybe he should invite her to the guild? No- well, yes, but not yet. "I could make a few things. I know I'd be able to make a spear, a sword, or a knife. Whatever hunting style he does, I'll probably be able to accommodate." Hopefully by him listing off multiple weapons, she'd be able to remember maybe what he specifically works with. He'd work on selling the artist's guild later, but for now he needed to figure this out first.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine nodded, as he stated healing supplies and a painting would do. Good, things she already had, or could get. "Well... we live in Halo, so he'd need metal that wouldn't get too cold or brittle." She responded, easily. She was thinking--a bit of her own selfish gain showing through.

Perhaps if Noah had a better skinning knife, she'd get better hides to turn into canvas. "Could you make a skinning knife? Perhaps... do you have some paper, I could sketch what I'm envisioning?" She wanted this gift to be a good one, practical but with a bit of a flair to it; otherwise she could just have gone to the tavern in Halo and traded for a new knife.
Dandelion, dandelion.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a light hum and a nod. "Working with the cold shouldn't be a problem at all, don't worry." He understood her concern but he was a bit bothered that she'd mention it again, thinking that he wasn't going to consider it. Whatever, she was a customer and he had to be nice around her no matter what.

Her requests were once again heard and Oliver made his way over to a crate. "I haven't made specifically a skinning knife before, but I could make one if that's what you'd like." Pulling out a sheet of paper and a pencil, Oliver made his way back over to her and held them out. "Go ahead and draw what you're thinking about and I'll see what I can do for you." Was there even a difference between a skinning knife and other knives? Oliver had no idea and he'd absolutely need to do a bit of research before trying to make anything, which he would reassure her of if that became any problem.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine was a bit of an anxious ninny sometimes; especially when she wanted things to be perfect. Sometimes she had to hear a certain concern addressed before it'd leave her head. When he addressed the cold, she beamed, brightly, like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders, physically.

He returned with paper and a pencil, and she set to work sketching. She was careful, thoughtful, even going so far as to mention dimensions, such as how long the blade might need to be--she was estimating how long the current knife Noah used was. When she was finished, she held it out to Oliver, hazel eyes worried that perhaps it would end up being something he couldn't do.

"I was thinking... a nice, solid bone handle... and the blade..." She's not versed in terminology for weapons, so she is struggling as she tries to explain what's in her head--and now on paper.

The blade in question, was shown with 'with love, Del' etched into the handle, and she chewed her lip, studying the drawing. She'd done her best to put it down. She could only hope he could do it.
Dandelion, dandelion.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The sketching of the blade absolutely helps him out a ton. It's not one he's ever made before, but Oliver has enough confidence in himself to be able to make it.

A smile forms on his lips and he glances from the sketch up to the girl. "Del huh? Nice to finally know your name." Seeing as when she helped put the shop together, she barely even uttered a single solitary word. "I should be able to make this no problem, yeah. It may take me a little bit, but I think it should be done absolutely by the end of the season. Maybe even midway through." He is mostly thinking out loud now, his hand dancing over the drawing as he thinks it over in his head.

"Do you have a preference on the bone? For the handle, you know. If not then I'll make sure it's something sturdy." Maybe she even had a bone she'd like used, otherwise he'd just work with what he could find. Surely he could find a huntsman who could provide him a nice bone to use without getting his own hands dirty.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine flushed, when the man mentioned she'd never introduced herself. She rubbed the back of her neck, grinning sheepishly. "It's Delphine but... recently people have been shortening it." She admitted.

When he assured her that he could make it, she grinned brightly, "That's no problem, he's got no idea I'm having it made," she waved a hand, "It's a surprise." She admitted. She knew Noah hunted with a bow and arrow; and he had some skinning knives, this was just...

Well, it'd be a confession, with that engraving, because she's never told Noah her feelings. She was much better at buying gifts. "Oh! The bone, uhm." She shook her head, "I've not got a preference." She admitted, biting her lip.
Dandelion, dandelion.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Ah, so the unknown blonde officially has a name. With a nod, Oliver offers her a smile. "Well, Delphine, it's a pleasure to officially meet you." It wasn't exactly a real meeting if he didn't know the other person's name, yea? Otherwise it kinda felt vacant and empty.

The idea of surprising a loved one with a knife sounded nice, cute even. "That's really cute.... I think it'll make a great gift," of course, he's also a tad bit biased since he's the one making it.

It's a bit surprising she didn't have a bone in mind, but he could easily figure something out. "Alright, I'll try to go for something sturdy." Maybe he should get one from a creature in Halo? Maybe... it'd make the blade even more special than it already was.

Running a hand along to artwork, he let out a light hum. You know- I think you'd really enjoy the Artist's Guild. It's run by Bastien and it isn't too hard to find it. I could even write down directions if you'd like, he's always looking for new people." Now may not be the exactly best time, but maybe it was just enough to make Bastien a small bit happy? Hopefully. The girl clearly had talent and Oliver could recognize it.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
As Oliver stated it was nice to meet her, she flashed a sheepish grin. She was shy, quiet even, when in large crowds. He complimented the gift idea and she rubbed the side of her neck, chuckling quietly. "Thanks. I just hope he'll like it."

When the man brought up the Artist's Guild, her eyebrow arched, and she grinned. "Yeah, sure. Can you give me some directions?" She'd enjoy a group of artists, or creators. "I'll come back with payment when it's finished? Or do you want to come to me?" She inquired.

Either way was fine with her, but she needed to know his preference.
Dandelion, dandelion.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a twitch of a smile and Oliver can only try to not seem narcissistic. "And I will work to the best of my abilities to ensure he will like it as well." He knew saying 'oh I know he will like it' was... rude, but he at least needed a small bit of confidence! How else was he going to reassure her? The idea truly was a good one! And if she and him both liked it then perfect, he had worked out a hopeful partnership that would lead to either future trades or a mutual appreciation for each other. Oliver could always use people he could trust with various abilities.

Her question brings a simple nod and Oliver moves over to grab more paper. Unlike before, he begins to write out instructions before drawing in a couple of symbols and buildings next to the written words. "Okay... so I'm not the best at directions? So I did something a bit...unorthodox." Did he use the word right? Probably not but who cares. "I wrote down how to get there from the portal... I included directions and then things to look out for. Like here... after you go into the buildings area, there is a wall with a painting on it that looks like this drawing." His finger would trace over the paper as he pointed out each thing he spoke. "And so on and so on..." Leading him to take a step back and allow her to take the paper with her.

"Payment can come when you pick it up. Come in a couple of weeks and it should be finished." So long as he had a good few days he should be fine. Really, he'd probably get to work almost immediately so it was done by the time she showed up. He wouldn't mention this because it wouldn't allow him slack in the future.

A light hum left his lips and Oliver found himself getting a tad bit restless. "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" Hopefully she wouldn't know that's a covert way of saying 'Are we done yet'.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine accepted the instructions, grinning at the man. "Thank you." Easy enough to follow, she supposed. She'd probably get lost, but perhaps not. She knew the Hollowed Grounds better than she knew anywhere else, after all.

When he confirmed that payment could come later, when it was finished, she dipped her head and began to gather her things. "Thank you. No, that's all." She tossed her bag over her shoulder, slipped the instructions to find the guild into her bag as well, and turned to leave.

"I can't wait to see your handiwork," she stated, before she was gone. She had more errands to run before heading home to Halo.

-FIN-
Dandelion, dandelion.