Avalanche
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ZARIAH
I haven't been falling all this time - I've been flying
It was not hard for insanity to set in where cracks had formed long ago. Cracks built on years of torturous training, unyielding goals, and similar opposition. Zariah was strong, but not invincible, and where and when the break in her sanity occurred even her closest of friends and family would be unlikely to pinpoint. In the mayhem following the attack on Snowcloak, the many shifts in power, and scramble to prepare for LongNight, the Grand Sorceress had slipped away, disappearing into the vastness of the Tundra.

The week of darkness had taken its toll. Even her cold resistance was no match for Halo’s coldest of weeks. She had taken shelter in a cave in the Fangs, which offered some but inadequate protection. Just enough to keep her from dying - or perhaps that was her stubbornness. Still, as she huddled by the small fire she had, bundled in furs, her guard was up. Stones crunching together beneath boots alerted her, and slowly she rose, back still to the entrance.

A low, maniacal laugh built, eerily echoing in the cave. This was followed by slow, punctuated claps - a mocking applause. ”Congratulations. You found me. Now die!” Her voice was a hiss as she spun around, arm flailing out wildly as electricity shot from her fingers at the intruder.

She did not care who it was, so long as they were dead.
Jace Launceleyn
Eirachi's Pawn/Grand Sorcerer of the Arcane Academy

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 1825
tell the wolves i'm home
He had arrived in silence, guised by whispers of wind and snow. Soon he would be on the path to fulfill his goddess' wishes - as soon as he took care of this loose end. But of course, he was greeted with rage.

How terribly elementary. He had expected more.

Jace sidestepped the attack, which a toddler could have seen coming from a league away. Really, he had expected more from her. It was clear that his expectations would be far from met, however. Even with the cold of LongNight gone, her limbs trembled, certainly irreparably damaged from the weather. Her eyes were wide and crazed - unpredictable perhaps but far from the cunning queen she was supposed to be. The exertion of her attack - a single, solitary attack - left her breathless. She was supposed to be great, but even the mighty crumbled under stress it seemed. The lightning hit the stone wall, sending debris crumbling down behind him. Even so he didn’t flinch, staring at the woman he had once implicitly trusted with a blank expression.

”Hello, mother.” he said, voice soft and monotonous.
JACE

Coding base by Odd/Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
ZARIAH
Zariah’s breath caught as hazel eyes fixed on the young man before her. No. It couldn’t be.

”Jace?” she breathed, frozen in place as she stared. Why? How? He had been barely four at the beginning of Deepfrost and now - and there was no mistaking him for any other, her mother’s instinct knew for certain that this was her son - he stood before her a grown man. Her mind struggled to comprehend what her eyes were undoubtedly seeing. On frozen, clumsy feet she hobbled forward, hands shaking but eyes never leaving his face.

Once she had reached him, she raised her hands, blackened fingertips and frozen palms brushing over his cheeks. A short, breathy laugh escaped chapped lips as she gazed at him. It was him. It was truly him. ”I knew she would not kill you. You were too perfect, my handsome boy.” she said softly, fingers running over his features, amazed to behold him.

”You remember what I told you that day? Whose fault it was that I had to give you to her?” she asked.
Jace Launceleyn

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
tell the wolves i'm home
It really was a bore how simple this would be. His magic, weak as it was, was all he would need really to do what he had planned. She was far too enamored with his sudden appearance and growth to notice his concentration being elsewhere, specifically the cracks that had formed in the ice in front of him. The tremor that had gone through the cave had weakened the ice that allowed one to walk further into the cavern. And beneath it? A series of jagged rocks and frozen stalagmite-like spires in a ravine about a building story down. Using his water manipulation, weak as it was, he could move the smallest pieces of ice that had cracked, weakening the surface further.

Jace didn’t move as she held his face, icy green eyes gazing into her doll-like hazel ones even as he worked his magic. It occurred to him briefly that perhaps he ought to feel something. Anger. Joy. Sadness. Hurt. But nothing came. Just as the Eirachi had numbed his senses, his emotions had frozen over. Decades spent under the Eirachi’s teachings, all because of his parents' poor decisions, had left him unable to care - and that was what left him raging at night. He had suffered so that they might rise.

But the Eirachi had taught him to let no one tread upon his back.

”Yes. I do remember. My father sold me to her.” he said voice soft. Without warning he suddenly slammed the heel of his boot into the ice between her feet. The weight and force of it sent more webbing out across the icy expanse before him. ”But you were the one who brought me to her.” he added, voice hardly above a whisper as the ice gave way beneath his mother’s feet.
JACE

Coding base by Odd/Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
ZARIAH
It happened quickly, far too quickly for her to realize or react to, too engrossed in her shock to recognize the trap she had walked into.

”But you were the one that brought me to her.”

It was a damning accusation, and one too true for her to even twist to fit her wishes. Zariah gasped as she fell, eyes still locked on Jace. For a moment the world moved slowly, her mind realizing exactly what was happening. This was it. This was the end. The Merciless, culled by her own flesh and blood

The pain as her back hit jagged stone was near blinding, flesh tearing, bone snapping, blood spattering into the crevices beneath her. It was painful, slow, and she knew exactly what she deserved. Her vision faded in and out, the metallic taste of blood overwhelming her senses as it trickled down her chin. And yet, even then, a cold, crazed laugh gurgled up from collapsed lungs as her one last thought broke through her dying haze.

He was perfect. Just so perfect.
Jace Launceleyn

Change author:
tell the wolves i'm home
He watched as she fell, gaze distant and cold. The sound of her body literally breaking as it landed echoed through the cavern, and yet he did not flinch. He did not look away. He watched to the very last moment as her eyes rolled back, his mother’s last moments then ingrained in his memory. She had deserved it. And yet, even then, he still felt nothing.

How bothersome.

Carefully he climbed his way down to the bottom of the ravine, making his way to his mother’s lifeless corpse. He checked her pulse first, to ensure she was indeed dead, before checking her person for anything of value. In a pocket he found a crystal of some kind, and carefully removed the cartilage earring she wore - he vaguely recalled her mentioning once that it was enchanted. Then he wrapped her in a tarp and slung her over his shoulder to carry her back to Snowcloak. By then, she would surely be frozen, and that would put to rest any rumors.

Thus ended the reign of tyranny of Zariah, the Merciless. All that remained, was the Hailstorm.

- FIN
JACE

Coding base by Odd/Sky!