the way things are
Eloise
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Jack’s migraine had the good grace to hit, at least, once they were clear of the shroud of rain that covered Torchline. The Ark was off, in the water with the wind in her sails and the lap of waves against her hull. And fuck if Jack didn’t feel like this was home. And fuck if he wasn’t going to find more ways to get back at that Ascended fucker. The sun had broken through the clouds, and that had been it - where the grey skies had been manageable if uncomfortable, the light was like a knife in his eyes.

Which rather explained the captain’s current position. His cabin door was locked, his boots had been tossed haphazardly in the corner, and he had collapsed face down on the bed - hopefully with his head buried in Eloise’s lap, or whichever other part of her was available at the time. ”This is fuckin’ stupid,” he muttered, clearly in a foul mood but without any gas in the tank to do anything other than be quietly annoyed about it.
are the angels on their way?
i’m in the dirt
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
say you need more space, what are you, an astronaut?
"Mmmm." Eloise hummed in agreement. Legs crossed, her back pressed against the wall next to Jack's bed, her fingers worked slow circles around his temples. Knowing that to block out the thoughts of the crew entirely would likely send Jack into an anxious rage, the illusionist merely dampened them—like pulling a blanket up over one's ears to block out a party happening down below.

"I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces." She said in a low voice, hardly more than a whisper, but loud enough for him to hear her mischievous smirk even with his eyes closed. It was Zeph's idea to leave the note at the end of the tunnel for the party to find. It was the reason why Eloise had been 'late' at the start of their little adventure into the tunnels.
you've got the whole universe, so what you coming 'round here for?
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
She agreed with him and that was enough for Jack, the captain trying to focus on the cool touch of her fingers and the muffled silence between thoughts, eyes slipping shut. The wicked amusement, though, practically rolled off her, and a smile made its way across his lips despite the pain. ”Same, love,” he muttered. ”That was quite a gift you both arranged - didn’t know I meant that much to you.”

Still, there were a couple of things that were still playing on his mind - like the consequences of what might happen now that they were at sea. ”One member of our crew didn’t find it so funny.” Melita, of course. ”An’ I’ve a feelin’ that there’ll be more fun to be had once we are back.”
i’m in the dirt
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'Don't flatter yourself." Eloise hummed back. "Where would I be if folks stopped respecting you?" It was rhetorical, if only because they both knew the answer. Much of Jack's power came from his mystique as well as his influence. If he lost either, he'd likely manage well enough. Eloise, though? Not quite as well.

The mention of Melita had the illusionist shrugging slightly as her fingers worked down the side of the captain's jawline. "Well, that's what being a hero will get you. I did try and warn her but she was practically dragging the Biter and his lover down the tunnel.  Maybe it will teach her to look before she leaps, especially if it's Zeph telling her to do the leaping."

Closing her eyes (it wasn't as if Jack's bruised face was much to look at, at the moment), Eloise's nostrils flared silently. "Do you foresee any problems with these new canals?" Before, the mermaids had relied almost exclusively on the Ark. But now? With their options suddenly increased?
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
”Mm, prob’ly best we never find out,” Jack muttered, the tone of his voice suggesting quiet agreement - not with her words, but her thoughts. Tilting his head just a little as her fingers ghosted along the side of his face and down his jaw, the captain’s brow furrowed as he listened. ”Precious little room for heroes on this ship,” he remarked, more of the pieces of this trip into the Fingers starting to come together as time went on. ”Well, watch yourself. Zeph ain’t here, so she’ll prob’ly want to take a bite outta you.” Closest thing to a compassionate warning she would ever get from him, that was for sure.

An eye opened as she spoke about the canals, Jack letting out a long sigh as he considered them. ”Makes it easier for us to trade with ‘em, well as anyone else. They’re a suspicious lot - they’ll not go willingly trade with anyone right off the bat. Well as that, not all the mers are people we want to deal with.”
i’m in the dirt
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
It was like having a lion between her legs, one who'd just as easily eat her as a snack (and not in the fun way), as continue to be coddled. So it was that despite Eloise's rather relaxed appearance, she was well-focused on the slight shifts of the man in her lap, her fingers responding immediately to his movements and what they suggested.

"Maybe you should stop hiring them, then." Eloise pointed out. Melita had hero written all over her, as did Saiden in certain situations. "So long as she aims her teeth somewhere I enjoy, she can bite me all she likes." The illusionist mumbled back, filling Jack's mind with images of a curtain of red hair parted over dusky cheeks as the young archer felt the joy of a woman's tongue between her legs for the first time.

'There is a super keen one to keep an eye out for..' Eloise brought up images of Delta, whom she'd heard a great deal about from the crew as well as drunkards in the bar. "Fancies herself quite the adventurer." The implication being that with the canals in place, she may well adventure into places she shouldn't, especially while the Ark was out at sea.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
The lion between her legs scoffed out a laugh as she spoke, Jack rolling over to gaze up at her, his currently pale face made all the more gaunt by yellowing bruises. ”I’d say I couldn’t know that before I hire ‘em, but that wouldn’t be true, would it?” He sighed, like it was an oversight he had only just realised had consequences. Bloody hero types. Still, the images of the redhead that bounced into his mind courtesy of Eloise did relax him again, Jack closing his eyes to enjoy the show.

”Mm...? An adventurer? Oh, I know her,” he said, obviously responding to the Delta that the illusionist sent across to him. ”Dropped my compass into the pier. She was kind enough to return it for a price. Naive and curious... she could be an asset, rather than trouble, if we rope her in early...”
i’m in the dirt
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
"No, it wouldn't." Eloise agreed with a smirk, only glancing down at Jack long enough to want to avoid seeing the grotesque contrast of blue and yellow. Much better to think of red hair and sun-tanned skin. The Ark somehow free of her crew save for two, bare breasts raised to the heavens as toes curled and tongues lingered in dark and damp places.

"I'm sure you didn't pay her even half of what she ought to have asked to return it to you." Eloise hummed with a grin, easily able to see the captain passing the compass off as some trinket hardly worth the materials it was made from. "I could always make a point of seeing her once we've returned. I hear she likes...human trinkets. I'm sure I have a few things that she would find intriguing." Or rather, what Eloise used them for, anyway would surely incite her curiosity.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
”You always know how to make me feel better.” Jack scoffed, not bothering to open his eyes again and look up at her. He did look like shit, it was true, but the constant reminders paired with the knife in his head did little to improve his mood. The dance of tongues and bodies sent his way from the illusionist, however, was a marked improvement, the captain losing himself in the display until Eloise spoke again.

A smile curled across his lips, knowing that she knew he’d have made the trade unfair. ”A pair of sunglasses an’ a bottle of whiskey,” he said; hardly the riches of the ocean. ”An’ that sounds like a fine idea. Put on your best show for her, an’ the mer’ll be acceptin’ any bit of tat we can get hold of.”
i’m in the dirt
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Whatever the mental equivalent of sticking out her tongue was, Eloise did that. That tongue however quickly began to curl around nipples that weren't well-acquainted with the sun. The illusionist didn't know this about Melita's body, but the honeybee seemed the type to keep her clothes on for the most part. She'd certainly never been ravished against the railing of the ship as Eloise was doing now.

"My best show, mmmmm?" Grinning at the many implications, Eloise's fingers continued their slow circles around his temples, finally moving towards the muscles of his jaw. Tangling against the scruff on his angular face and doing her best to avoid the bruises, the illusionist rolled her shoulders to relieve the tension building up from leaning over Jack. "Maybe I'll borrow one of our manta stones and take a little swim for myself. See what sort of show she can put on, as well."

And to map out what she might see while doing it, of course. Being the ship's navigator was coming more and more easily to Eloise, and she was finding she quite liked being the keeper of certain types of knowledge that could spell life or death for the Ark and her crew.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Gods if his navigator didn’t know all the right buttons to press, leaving Jack floating on a pleasant sea of lips and breasts and teeth and sun. He hummed a note of agreement about her best show, opening his eyes again only at the prickling discomfort in her shoulders that put a dampener on the whole thing. The captain knew she wouldn’t remark on it, but it would still be a distraction, so he carefully peeled herself out of her lap and put a hand to his head to stop himself from falling over or throwing up.

”Addictive, ain’t it?” he said quietly, referring to her growing knowledge as a navigator. ”Don’t forget the ship, though. Know her inside out, an’ the rest of the waters’ll bend to where you want to go. She’s more important’n anythin’ else you might learn about.”
i’m in the dirt
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
"Mm? Oh. Yes." How easy it was to forget that Jack was just...there in her thoughts. Even when she'd stopped thinking of nipples and ginger curls. "How long?" She wonders sleepily. How long have you been able to do this for?

"Almost, as important." Eloise says, reaching out a surprisingly strong hand to rub Jack's shoulder. To other ears it might have been interpreted as a sweet sentiment; no, you're more important Jack. But that wasn't what it was. The Ark might be a quirky old girl, but her vindictiveness could be directly mapped onto how well she was taken. Though the same could almost be said of Jack, he was a wildcard in the way the Ark never would be.

If Eloise could only choose one to know inside and out, it'd be Jack. Lucky for her, she didn't have to choose. Yet.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
”Mm?” The question was unexpected, Jack busy trying to corral the pain in his head; maybe that was why he offered her an answer instead of finding something else to talk about. ”Ten years old, round about then,” he muttered, grumbling a note of what could only be surprise and encouragement at the strong fingers that work the tight muscles of his shoulder.

He chuckled, then, following her train of thought, giving the illusionist a surprising nod of respect. ”That mind of yours is gettin’ sharper. Either that or I’m just now payin’ attention to it. Either way - right you are. Doubt you wanna know me inside out though, love. It’s a mess.”
i’m in the dirt
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Ten? He'd hear her surprise as much as feel it through her fingers as they stalled their movements for a moment. Jack wasn't' the sort of man you felt sorry for, he'd earned everything that came his way, both good and bad but...well. Gods.

"Knowing you that way might just be what saves me having from to see your insides, bloodying up the deck." Eloise says in a voice suddenly heavy with sleep. "Come on. No more talking." She says, tugging at Jack's shoulder as she bonelessly keels over into the bed. Sleep comes for her almost as soon as her head hits the pillow, but she does have enough energy left to toss a blanket over the two of them and wriggle against Jack's bony body. It's indescribably comforting to be nestled against him, if only because it offers almost no comfort at all.

~FIN