(SE) rorschach the pieces
Zeph!
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 7 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
good enough ain't good enough for you or me, and feeling stuck is fucking up my sanity
He’ll let it rest until he’s ready. Somewhere deep down, Felix wonders if that’ll ever come. Sure, he’s thought some of the girls he’s passed by were pretty, some of the boys were nice to look at too. But he’s not sure where that leaves him, still, so uncertain of his own capabilities that he can’t help but to shy away from the idea entirely. It’s fine though, all of this is fine.

At least the conversation of Ray, Zeph’s kid, distracts him far more than required – and Felix hangs onto every word as he’s grabbing another sandbag to place atop another just as Zeph had instructed. “You think so?” He asks, about the friends he might make. He doesn’t believe Zeph too much, not until he mentions that he’s got him as a friend, and those bi-toned eyes grow wide as he stops and stares at Zeph – a wide grin beginning to split his face. “Really?” He nearly whispers before a boyish laugh slips from him, an attempt to recover the childishness of what he’s whispered with a “I guess that’s not sooo bad.
FELIX
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
tried to fight the creeping sense of dread with temporal things
Of the many reactions you expect a teenager to have to being told a grumpy old drunk wants to be their friend, open delight and disbelief are very far from the top of the list. Reminding yourself that there's an important conversation about stranger danger to be had here, you let it go in favor of offering the lad a grin. "Really really," you confirm, not sure if you'd be overstepping to offer him a hug.

Eh, fuck it.

Walking over to the lad you throw one arm over his shoulders in one of those awkward, manly, I'm-not-really-sure-how-to-show-it-but-you-matter-to-me half-hugs. Then it's back to work before you get too damn emotional, turning back to the wheelbarrow full of sand. "C'mon, kid- let's finish these an' then we can get a bite t'eat. I'll show ya how t'catch an' cook up crabs, how 'bout that?"
ZEPHYR
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 7 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
good enough ain't good enough for you or me, and feeling stuck is fucking up my sanity
The confirmation is all the boy needs, really, enough to lighten the smile on his face – the peacefulness with the idea that comes with having a friend – one at least he wasn’t related to nor one he had to look up to as a role model of sorts (yet, at least). The idea that Zeph simply liked him for him in this friendship was all that the young attuned needed.

The hug is a surprise though, as Felix is done adding another bag to it, pulling back to stand as Zeph’s arm comes around his shoulders in a side hug that’s enough to make Felix’s smile grow a bit broader, a bit wider in the happiness it’s struck. “Yeah, I’d like that.” Felix replies, perhaps a bit quieter given the normal exuberance he gives. This comes out almost like a whisper, an excitement that he can’t contain, but afraid to show light to in case it might disappear.

He does as he's told, helping Zeph finish up, before the two are on their way to fishing for crabs and cooking them up, a small memory painted in Felix's mind to look at later.

- FIN <3
FELIX