(SE) Feet upon the ground
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
May your past be the sound
He had risen up on the tips of his toes to view her over Talys' back, so he got a clear view of flinch, the reaction to his recognition. Hating himself for being the cause of it, he resisted the urge to apologise, to draw attention to it further - she was so anxious, so flighty, he would not stop her if she wished to vacate his presence, but upon hearing the confirmation of her identity, he was grateful that she found the gumption to linger despite it all. The scars came into view behind the lock of hair she moved, and again he did not comment on them, instead focussing on her question back to him, which he was more than willing to answer.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry for not saying sooner. I'm Chulane, though most call me Chuy," he offered easily, openly. "Deimos and Kia have spoken very highly of you," he added with a grin and a soft nervous chuckle, unsure of how much she might know of him, if anything at all, but he guessed Deimos would have told her at some point.

Finishing up with all the straps and buckles on his side as they spoke, he gave Talys a gentle pat, before moving to come back to the same side as her. "Ready to have a go riding the plough?" He asked with a raised brow and a smirk, as he returned to Lukkja's side and held onto the loose leadrope (the horse still taking full advantage of the moment and continuing to snooze). He'd walk alongside her with Lukkja in tow, whenever she was ready to go.
of your feet upon the ground
CHULANE
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

For my part, I know nothing with any certainty
Oh.

Oh.

Well now Amalia feels far more foolish than before, the flush rising hotter across her neck as pieces fall into place. This is Chulane, the man who has captured the heart of the Harpy, of whom she has heard so much over the past few days. And here she is before him now, a disaster of anxiety taken by surprise. Not the way she initially intended to meet her daughter friend's suitor, but nothing to be done.

"Of course. I've heard a lot about you as well." Desperately striving to compose herself, Amalia finishes her side of the buckles. She is surprised when he appears on her side and invites her to ride the plough. "I... do I actually ride it?" she asks, still feeling rather foolish and looking desperately to Talys for help.
but the sight of the stars makes me dream
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
May your past be the sound
"All good things I hope," he quipped rhetorically, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. While he was genuinely curious what Deimos or Kia might've said about him to her, he was also insanely anxious about it - so much so that he would never dream of actually asking, of actually wanting to know, lest he hate what he was told.

"Ah, 'ride' might be wrong word," he admitted with a chuckle at her question. He indicated at the small platform between the great handles of the rig, that helped to push the blade into the ground. "To help Talys get going initially, you can lean your weight there to help the blade into the soil and ask her to move on. Once you're going, you can walk behind it, and only lean on the platform if you hit a sticky bit."

He grinned encouragingly, idly patting Lukkja's strong nape, hand ducking into a pocket to present him with a treat in hopes of gently coaxing him awake once more. "Lukkja and I will be right by your side the whole way," he said as the equid snuffled at his hand and consumed the treat offered, weight shifting as he prepared to walk alongside the woman and the mare.
of your feet upon the ground
CHULANE
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

For my part, I know nothing with any certainty
"Rather varied." It's noncommittal, not enough to let him off the hook, but the Shield is finding that as she gathers her feet back under her she cannot help the small amount of teasing that rises so easily to her lips. If this man is to pursue her Kia, he needs to know how to hold his own against the onslaught that is certain to come, from both Amalia and the Sword.

She follows the directions of both Chulane and Talys, listening to the mare's thoughts for guidance, knowing she will let her know when the plough needs to be adjusted, when the experienced horse needs help. With such thorough guidance it is easy for her to fall into the rhythm, letting Talys lead the way and following obediently behind.

The conversation is easy, if a little stilted. Amalia does not stay for long, having already taken longer than she wanted, but when she leaves it is with a genuine smile and a re-affirmed invitation to come to the bakery. She feels a little better about Kiada's choices, at least, one weight taken off her shoulders - and these days that is the best she can do. The world has become almost too heavy to bear.

{fin}
but the sight of the stars makes me dream