Personal Quest Ev'ry avenue and place, ev'ry building, ev'ry face
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
better get to diggin' while my body's getting cold.
i keep tryna fight it so just promise when i go, you'll bury me low
Yep.” Sunjata replies swiftly, a small smirk crossing his face as he innocently continues to apply paint to the wall. The paintbrush lifting to spread green along his cheek has a soft laugh slipping from this throat. But before he has a chance to say anything, he notices that Samuel has slipped out of the room, and a dark brow raises as a conspirator’s grin crosses his face, head tilting toward Nate just at the time that the Ascended grabs him and he spreads a long line of blue along the wall as he’s grabbed.

Paint spreads along his cheeks, along Nate’s, and a huff of laughter slips from him as the paint slips into his hand from the brush, slipping to run some of the color along Nate’s neck briefly. And then Sam’s appeared once more, and Sunjata stands up a bit straighter, tilting his paint covered head over toward the red head. “Actually paint” Ouch, Sam. But fine, challenge accepted. “I got this.” He assures Sam, voice rough and a bit thicker as if he’s indifferent toward Sam’s instructions.

But then, Sam leaves, and Sunjata’s adding a bit more paint to his brush, working on designs that weren’t too distracting, but definitely Torchline inspired – shells here and there, the sea, abstract as they may be. At least it didn’t take away too much from the overall picture, wasn’t distracting like Sam thought it would. And the messiness of their work certainly added to the appeal.

It certainly added some appeal to their clothes, blue covering the burn on his shoulder with handprints and paint streaks. And when Sam and Zeph return, if Sunjata’s a bit flushed, he’ll chalk it up to the heat. An arm slings around Nate’s shoulders, his other gesturing to the wall. “Not half bad, huh?” He offers with an easy feline smirk crossing his face.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

"They're right disgusting," you snort in reply to Sam's comment, your eyes flickering back to the strangely saccharine couple. Get a gods-damned room. At least they don't seem too determined to destroy the place, and their painting is actually... Okay. You guess.

Rising up and wiping your hands on your pants, you fix Sam with a raised brow. "Sure you wanna leave 'em alone? Might need another scrub after." Again you scowl at them, scrunching up your nose. You wouldn't be surprised. Not at fucking all.

You're an obedient helper (for once); there's no more protest as you follow Sam, ready to make the right introductions, to begin his indoctrination into the Torchline Scene.
and in the sea that's painted black
creatures lurk below the deck
but you're my king and i'm your lionheart
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
And you understand with every seed you sow you make this cold world beautiful
Admittedly, leaving Nate and Sunjata alone in his shop was a risk. Sam found himself hesitating before he truly stepped out into the street, but really he wanted a break from the tension in the shop between them all (even if it meant finding terrible substances on his desk later). "I know, but...it was awful in there, wasn't it?" He said to Zeph as they went down the street, letting out an awkward laugh.

By the time they returned there were several large reams of paper in their arms, enough to set Sam up for a long time. He dreaded what he might find upon opening the door and before he entered, made sure to loudly cough and knock. Hoping that would give the couple enough time to distangle from each other Sam entered.

Regardless of what he found he would put down the paper and look very purposefully just at the floor, where some dust sheets and paint cans still remained. Some packets and boxes cluttered up the back space still; the last remnants of preparation. "Um...well, I think there's only more thing to do. Just this last bit of tidying, then we can be done." With that said, Sam went to go pick up some boxes, still avoiding looking at Sunjata or Nate fully.

---
Er, one more round, because Lam can't count.
Clean up~
SAMUEL
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
- NATE -
Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
The cough, the knock, regardless of what their intentions may have been, only drew Nate's eye up towards the door, his hands still very much on Sunjata, resting on his shoulder and hip. All Nate had been trying to do was eke some measure of fun out of the tense situation they'd walked into, and instead he'd found a simple, satisfying measure of revenge.

Sam wouldn't even look at them now, so Nate aimed his smug look at Zeph instead. "We'll be done in no time." He promised, finally stepping away from his fiance and moving the paint buckets off the drop cloth, sealing anything with paint still in it, and setting everything else to the side to be thrown out. Nate was a fast worker regardless, this kind of mostly mindless labour all but second nature to him, but there was an extra spring in his step, a desire to be done with this and somewhere, anywhere else spurring him on.
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
better get to diggin' while my body's getting cold.
i keep tryna fight it so just promise when i go, you'll bury me low
Oh poor Sam, doesn’t even look to see the hard work that went into the wall. Fine, if that’s how it’s going to go, Sunjata keeps the feline smirk along his face, leaning over toward Nate as the final instructions are given, pressing a soft kiss to Nate’s temple as they part — paint on both of their clothes and faces. The smirk fades when he goes to pick up the blocking pieces he’d used to ensure the lines for the paint were straight.

Him and Nate have the same idea, that the sooner this is cleaned up the sooner they can depart and leave the poor bookmaker alone. And so he pulls the pieces up, discarding them where he can, before helping Nate with the tarps and paint brushes and whatever else needs cleaning up, wanting very much to get out of here.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

"Smells like a fuckin' locker room." Never mind the fact that you wouldn't know what a locker room is: the comparison remains apt. Sweat and hormones are dripping off the pair of 'em, even the one who can't sweat anymore, and the result was absolutely sickening. Fucking hilarious, but still. Sickening.

You do not avert your gaze on your return to the shop, instead affixing the insufferable pair with your best sardonic dad expression. "Sure you will," you murmur in response to Nate's declaration of impending doneness, pointedly raising up an eyebrow. Something nothing wants to see, the two of them finishing up.

Staying in the front, you go about picking up debris from the ground, tidying up some nondescript mess because your writer is tired and can't think of anything. Not that it matters, because once again you're more focused on keeping an eye on Nate and Jata than actually being helpful. The sooner they're gone the sooner you can aid Sam in getting the actual work wrapped up.
and in the sea that's painted black
creatures lurk below the deck
but you're my king and i'm your lionheart
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
And you understand with every seed you sow you make this cold world beautiful
Sam, despite how uncomfortable he was with everything that was occurring in his shop (his lovely, clean, new shop, now tainted by ex-sex), did laugh quietly at Zeph's comment; he was suddenly quite thankful that he had the dull Ascended senses. Ignoring Sunjata and Nate for the moment he cleaned up what he had to, thanking Zephyr for his work.

Eventually he did look up to see Nate and Sunjata, hoping he wasn't about to see something he didn't want to. As much as he wanted to tell them how awfully uncomfortable they'd made the entire endeavour, he mostly just wanted them gone, so he put on his best smile and said: "Thank you both for your help. I can take it from here." Hopefully from that, they'd get the hint.

When it was just him and Zeph, he shook his head and sighed, laughing helplessly as he leaned against the wall. "That was not what I was intending this to be. ...I suppose at least they did do the painting."

--
NOW it's the last round. Thank you for helping!
Feel free to write your character leaving/a final post, I will be archiving in a couple days~
SAMUEL
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
- NATE -
Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Well. Isn't that rude of the pair of them. Nate feels like they've done a very good job, regardless of the things they did in between working, and to have their efforts dismissed just like that hurts.

But, on the other hand, it's Sam and Zeph, and how much does he really care about what either of them think?

So it's with minimal complaining that he gathers up the few things that need to be thrown out, packing it all in a neat little pile before they're dismissed, Nate not needing to be told twice. His arm wraps around Sunjata's middle as he leads his fiance out, the touch as much an invitation to return to the snake shift as it is pure desire to touch. "We'll see you around Sam." Nate calls over his shoulder, just before the door swings closed behind him.
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
may we dance until it rains, may we drink to hide our shame. we're all pretty when we die
The work is quickly picked up and Sunjata doesn’t lean into the fact he doesn’t get acknowledgement for the painting, the work that’s gone into the wall. Instead, once everything is cleaned up, there’s a nod granted toward Zeph and Sam, following in the heels of Nate despite the arm that’s wrapped around him – an invitation if he’s keen enough to tell.

And so he gives in, shifting into that long dark cobra shift of his, spiraling up Nate’s shoulder to rest around his neck as the scarf he had been once he’d appeared. But as Nate begins to slip out the door, Sunjata peers out from his view facing behind Nate, dark hood flaring briefly and forked tongue sticking out in his own silent ‘until next time’, before winding around Nate’s shoulders once again and settling in for the ride.
SUNJATA