God Quest dreamed of stars and woke up blind
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
save some love for yourself, my dear
Amalia listens in careful fascination as Safrin gives more details than the man had, speaking of an Order, of a lost city. Of children born to the prospect of war. It isn't until she mentions Abandoned that the girl's head rises, dark eyes turning up to the goddess. Then what about Deimos? the Shield wonders worriedly, alarmed by the idea that he might be cast away by virtue of the magic he carries. A part of her has always feared that this would prove a barrier one day, that theirs were paths set in different directions, but still. So far her gods have accepted her choice in lover, his magic and lack of faith aside.

What if that were to change?

Troubled, she only barely catches the warning in Safrin's tone. It reminds her of another difficult conversation, another set of anxieties and doubts. Ludo told someone else to kill the Ascended. A fae, this time. Shame, insecurity, and unhappiness fills her; she draws back from Safrin now, fearing rejection, her long tail slashing across the ground. She came to me and I told her... that I would not stand in her way. But now an Ascended is dead, and I believe by her hands. And I... I think I made a mistake. Even if this was Ludo's will.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
"What about him?" Safrin says with a soft shrug. She doesn't mean to be cruel, only that Amalia clearly already knows the answer to her question. Being a hybrid doesn't make up for it. Safrin has opened herself to him much as she can, but that only goes so far. And where Stormbreak is concerned, the farthest he can go is the dry crust of land that leads into the city.

Frowning to hear that Ludo is back to its meddling again, Safrin merely sighs, aware of the complexities of emotion that Amalia feels. "Why didn't you stand in her way?" She wonders softly. Was Amalia simply too tired of it all? Did she believe it was not her place? That Ludo shouldn't be stopped? That perhaps the Ascended deserved to have their power checked?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AMALIA
Her response is dismissive, almost cruelly so, pressing casually on the insecurities Amalia already bears. I... If I have to go there, to help Vi... I worry about our future. Sometimes it feels as though I'm drifting away from him. Not problems she expects Safrin to be able to solve, but it is the first time she has spoken these fears aloud.

Safrin's second question is a harder one to answer. Looking at her paws uncertainly, the leopardess rolls her shoulders. She spoke about the Blight. And the Mathair. About justice for her people. And about Ludo... Is it right for me to stand in the way of a task given by another god, even if I disagree with it? If I let Nephele slay Ascended, is the blood not on my hands? If they're nothing more than the Voice's constructs, do they still fall under the domain of Vi?

The questions sift out of her mind line water in a sieve, her impatient curiosity and anxiety rising ever to the fore. Amalia has only just begun to see the world in shades of grey, but now she fears those shades are bleeding, and she is losing sight of what is black and white.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
"So drift." The goddess replies with another soft shrug.  Deimos has earned her casual gratitude, but certainly his impiety and distance has not won her over. "Do you think Mort and Vi spend their waking hours wrapped up in each other's arms?" Safrin raises a brow, scoffing under her breath. "Does your relationship have gravity, Amalia? My stars and planets...they move at such distances from each other, but there is an undeniable tether that always keeps them together, even when they are far apart. Decades could pass, centuries without so much a hint of the other, but always they'd fall back, no matter how wide their orbits."

But a relationship without gravity were like two ships in the night. Together for a time, but destined to part eventually.

Listening as Amalia explains, Safrin can only smile sadly as her fingers continue to softly move through the mottled fur. "If you were destined to only be mine, I would tell you yes. That for everything there is a context. That the situation matters. But you are destined for Vi...and..." The goddess pauses, her silent pregnant with a respectful sort of disagreement for her parent-god. "...well. One day you can ask him yourself. Until then, I'd say it is better to air on the side of protecting all life. Justice doesn't demand death, even if mortals do."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
Are any relationships like that, for mortals? Planets and stars, cosmos and gravity- they're ideals Amalia has never seen reflected in reality. Her grandfather was dead before she was born, and her mother... well. Vi alone knows what was going through her head, when she fell in with the infamous Wordsworth patriarch.

As for Amalia and Deimos... well. As with most things in her life, the Shield doesn't know.

But Safrin? Vi? For them Amalia is a satellite, falling ever back into their orbits. Sighing as the goddess reclaims her ears for scratches, the leopardess closes her dark eyes. You're right. Not an acquiescence so much as an understanding of the truth, that the gods know better than she ever could. And truth be told, the Shield already knows this: that what she did, what Nephele did, is wrong.

And the Order? And their war? The man said that Vi... that they wanted to stop a war before it began. How?

Change author:
Safrin
"It isn't impossible for them to be." Safrin replies, perhaps a touch vaguely. She knows what Amalia is asking—is it attainable for us? does anyone I know have this sort of love?—but the answers won't give Amalia the comfort she needs, and so Safrin merely continues to stroke the luxurious fur beneath her fingers.

Pulling in a breath, the goddess looks towards the ceiling for a moment. "Stopping a war is...just another way of fighting it, really. You just begin your assault before your opponent even knows that the battle has begun. My guess is that they aim to reduce the ascended threat before it mounts any further...From what I've heard from those in the city, there aren't many resources being put into talking as a means towards peace."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
She wishes it was the answer she wanted, and yet Amalia values Safrin's honesty, the things she doesn't say. To be in the orbit of another, caught and unable, unwilling to ever leave... she'd thought she'd been that for the Sword. Had been for so long, and yet even now Amalia can feel a greater gravitational force tugging at her soul, drawing her to purposes she has yet to even dream. Will the bonds between them stay strong through it?

The girl doesn't know.

It is easier to think about war, about tasks, about being a vassal of the gods. In this Amalia is at least confident, her faith unshaken, stronger by day. So you think she would talk? Amalia asks, thinking of the Voice. Peace cannot be found if only one side seeks it; all her efforts will be for nothing if they are so doomed. Still, the girl feels some calm settle on her, hope that things will conclude before more blood needs to be drawn.

Change author:
Safrin
"Do I think she will talk?" Safrin repeats, her perfectly painted lips twisting into a smirk. "Yes. Do I think it will be the truth? Do I think what she will say or agree to, will be in the best interests of everyone?" Wryly the goddess shakes her head, talons appearing at the end of her fingers as they work through the feline's fur.

"I think the time for talking is over now, but you're welcome to try." She says with a light shrug. Once Amalia has an idea in her mind it's near impossible to dissuade her to do anything different. And who knows, perhaps she might be successful, though the goddess very much doubts it.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
She's feared as much, furrows her brow as again her doubts are confirmed. Talking, peace- it feels like such a beautiful dream, a hope that couldn't possibly be achieved. Surely they tried discussion last time, and surely this time as well. Lowering her had onto Safrin's leg, the Shield huffs an unhappy sigh.

If it does come to combat... they're so strong. Wessex, and The Voice. She remembers the night in the spire, wondering what it is Wessex came away with as she and Ronin staggered out, soaked in blood. I need a way to stop their abilities. To counter them, before they can hurt people.

Change author:
Safrin
"Perhaps...but there are more of you, than there of them." More demigods, more non-ascendeds. Nodding as if having expected Amalia to say as much, Safrin inhales deeply.

"That can be done, though...as Deimos learned in preparing the door for LongNight, there are...certain items that will be required." Safrin's silence says as much as any words might. Will Sam help you again? Will any of the ascended, now that they know what such offerings can be used for?

But...there were other things on the horizon for Amalia. Things that would take precedence, if only for a time.

"Enjoy your honeymoon here, Amalia. And when all is said and done...come back to me." What the 'all' would be, the girl would soon learn. Vi would call to her, displace her in time and space, and a new journey would begin. Once that transition had been made, they could speak again.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
The reminder of the door hits Amalia like a chill, remembering the carnage it inadvertently caused. She did not want to bring death, to curse anyone, only to defend. It had been the same for Deimos, and yet...

Where had the door gone?

This thought rankling in her mind, Amalia does not catch Safrin's knowing look. She is still thoughtful and quiet hen the goddess offers a quiet goodbye, instructing the Shield to return when all is said and done. Still not sure what is meant to be happening, the girl can only accept it with faith, offering a final affectionate head bump to the starlit goddess and leaving the lighthouse wealthy in questions and answers both.

{fin <3}