Beach Party
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe smirked at him playfully. "Most people call that paranoia and it will make you go crazy." she said teasingly. "You don't have to think of everything right this second. I'm just telling you so you know." She wasn't looking for answers or for him to fix things. It was information and nothing more, so he knew what was going on from her mouth rather than someone elses.

"I know you will." she said with a nod. That was why she had hired him as a bouncer. He was a selfless protector. She didn't doubt for a second that if given the opportunity, he would win away Frey's affection for her if it meant she would be left out of this whole war talk. Phoebe placed a hand over his as it rested on her cheek, managing a small smile. "For now, rest assured that I am far more valuable to these people alive than dead." she said. It was her connection to Frey that made her an asset - if she was dead that would be a loss for them.
I can see your sad story eyes,
So how do you have no words to say
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
I carry all I need to grow inside - give me light, give me warmth
Harper grins back easily. "I defy expectation and definition," he retorts playfully, grateful that they've both managed to talk this through like adults without hurting the other's feelings or starting an argument on their first day together. "I know sweetheart. And like I said, if the day comes, I'll be the first one to make painted signs proclaiming that you're the best demigod of them all." Squeezing her hand back, he leans forward to kiss her gently. His fears aren't based on her godhood, and she's right, they can take it one day at a time. It's the best they can ask of themselves, without turning to nothing but conjecture.

"That's a hollow reassurance, but I'll try and take it." His smile is a little lopsided as her hand comes to cover his own. Harper knows he'll worry regardless. Will stick his nose into any variety of things, involve himself when he probably shouldn't, if it means keeping her safe. "But is there anything I can do to help? Talk to Safrin, help get information? You know I can't sit still and do nothing, especially if it means putting you on the front line instead." She knows more about what's currently going on, so he'll let her take the lead, but Harper knows he's already far too involved to step away now.
and watch me come alive
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
"I remind you of that when you have your nervous breakdown." she drawled, grinning as she teased him. It was...freeing to be able to discuss something so difficult without ending it in tears or resentment. Was this how things were supposed to be? Is this how couples ought to work out problems? Neither Emmett nor Sunjata had ever allowed her room to disagree or discuss hard topics without a major blow up. At his proclamation though she couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Only if you decorate the signs with penises. Frey would be disappointed otherwise." she said with a smirk. Phoebe doubted he would do such a thing - he seemed more bashful than she had ever been.

"Well...it is the only one I have so far." she said, kissing him back, hoping that for now at least, he could be content with what he did and didn't know. "You could ask Safrin about them. I'm going to be asking Frey too. The man I met was named Cian." she offered. But she didn't really know what else to advise him to do. "If they come back to the brothel, I will be sure to let you know though." she added. Hopefully that would offer him some comfort.

Honeyed eyes looked back at the sky then, noting where the sun had dropped. "We should probably head back though." she said with a sigh. The beach wasn't exactly the safest place after dark.
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
"You do that, you'll be the one stuck with me when I do so you can't escape it," he teases brightly. He's unaware of her ruminations, of the relief that she might feel. He and Tova had always been able to handle their own disagreements this same way. In that aspect, Harper is grateful that he'd never experienced the discord that Phoebe had in her relationships. Instead, he can focus on her and only her, on the fading embers of this beautiful day, instead of letting it fall to ashes. "Don't count me out on that idea, Remi and Ronin and I nearly decorated the Halenani with our own paint dick prints before Frey showed up." His grin is all teeth and boyish mischief. None of them had told her of course; there'd been no time after the pair had scampered out, affected by Frey's magic.

As he withdraws from her kiss, he already sets to mind the plans he has. Safrin first. After that, well...they better hope to their Gods that they don't step foot in the Halenani looking for Phoebe. "Better yet, give me a description when we get back home. If they even set foot inside, I want to know." Already upset that somehow they'd gotten to Phoebe in the time he hadn't been on work-hours. Maybe he should increase his work schedule. Before he can delve too deep into the idea though, Phoebe's soft words draw his eyes to the fading sunlight, and he hums softly. "We can still celebrate at home, after all." Standing, he extends a hand to help her up, and begins packing everything away once more.

The trek home isn't too far, and they're safely within the Halenani before sunset. A shame they couldn't watch it, but it's not always worth the risk in Torchline, and in monsoon season the twilight hour is usually always found with rain. He waves Phoebe upstairs to put away the basket, and only then follows her upstairs, stopping by his room to change out of his swim shorts. With the cooler temperatures, it's easy to slip on a shirt and some softer shorts before heading back to her room. Climbing into bed beside her - overtop the blankets, because he doesn't want to give the wrong impression so soon - he reclines against the pillows with a smile and in inviting wiggle of his fingers to encourage her to cuddle close. "Was it a good birthday, Phoebe?"
and watch me come alive
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"True...if only I were the proprietor of a large building with many rooms in which to lock you away when that happens...oh wait. I am." she said cheekily. For a moment though she was shocked by his antics with Ronin and Remi...and then just as suddenly not. Boys. "Of course you did." she said with a laugh as she pulled herself up to place her over dress back on over her swimsuit.

She set to helping pack up, shrugging a bit at his request for a description. "It wouldn't help too much. He looked...pretty much like any other random man. Nothing particularly defining." she said - but a solution quickly came to mind. "Branbast and Pim saw him though. I'll make sure they know to alert you." she said with a grin. The rag tag team would be at it again it would seem!

Once returned, she too retired to her room to change - though it might surprise him her choice of sleepwear. It was an attic after all, and air conditioning was a far and away dream, so she donned a short, silky night dress with thin straps. The girls downstairs had gotten her a few pairs when they'd heard of her miserable nights dying of the heat. Seeing clouds rolling in, she shuttered her window, turning then to find Harper making himself cozy on her bed. Grinning she happily cuddled up, long legs draping over and through his as she rested her head against his shoulder. It felt like a dream, cuddling on her bed with Harper - her boyfriend - realizing suddenly just how resigned she had been to never having this reality. "It was a perfect birthday, thank you."
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
"From employer to prison warden, I like it," he laughs. It's not like he leaves the Halenani often anyway, ironically enough it would probably be not much of a difference from his daily life. Not that Harper minds; working at the Halenani has given his life much more purpose and direction. "Hey, just means the penises will be lovingly painted by your real family." Mischief alight in his eyes at the idea of showing up at Remi and Ronin's house, signs and paint cans in hand, asking them to drop their pants and put some dick prints to good use.

"Sounds like a great plan," he agrees, content to use the two at-odds companions as an alarm system of sorts. Harper would, at the very least, hover behind Phoebe's shoulder like an angry hawk if the man put his nose past the doorway again.

But for now, it's not something to worry about. Phoebe is tangled up in his arms in bed, relaxing after the events of the day. Harper doesn't want anything ruining that. His hands idly play with the silky material of her gown, knowing he'll abandon his shirt eventually when it's time to sleep but still holding back from promoting anything too sexual. It's their first day together, he's uncertain how quickly either of them intends to move. "You're welcome," he murmurs through his smile, practically beaming at the confirmation that he'd turned the day into such a success. Dropping a kiss to her halo of golden hair and pulling her closer, legs tangled. One hand resting on her outer thigh, thumb tracing the hem of her nightgown, incapable of ever staying completely still as his head tilts to lean against hers, eyes closing as he savors the moment.
and watch me come alive
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Cuddling was truly an overrated pasttime she thought, savoring the moment as she melted against his chest. And though her heart might've once raced with anticipation, eager to move to whatever would happen next, she found herself at ease and content. That was truly the biggest difference between Harper and Jata and Emmett. He knew her, she didn't have to put on airs - she was comfortable.

At length she tilted her head up so she could see him. "Do you plan on moving in here?" she asked curiously. She didn't see a reason why not but...he did have a habit of over complicating even the smallest of things. But when she was so comfortable cuddled up like this, his fingers drawing random patterns and tickling her skin, she didn't want to imagine him not stay through the night.