Plot Advancing PQ can't go over it, can't go under it, gotta go through it
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Grinning savagely as his attempt to get the ROUS to fight each other savagely, Loren felt his smile slip away as the rodents fled. Glancing up at the ceiling, he swore as he realized there was a cave in that had driven the creatures to flee.

Hesitating for just a moment, he broke into a run. Holding Astra tightly, he kept his place at the back of the group (at least until he passed Wessex), praying that they'd all get out of this alright. Although magic had leapt to his tongue and his fingertips, he knew that none of his skills were particularly well-equipped to stop the ceiling from falling on them.

Still holding Astra, Loren runs for it.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
moral of the story is, i will gut you if i need to
i will carve my way out
There's a brief moment spared for satisfaction and smugness as the creatures are easily kicked and chased away by her electricity. For a moment, despite two of their party appearing a little chewed up, Hotaru thinks that's it. Then the tension thickens, the walls start crumbling, and the fading adrenaline kicks back in like a punch to the gut.

Hotaru takes off running immediately, pacing behind Kiada to ensure she's there to shove the girl forward if necessary. Whoever brings up the rear she already trusts to have her back if things go further south. For now, she keeps her eyes trained on Kiada as her legs pump hard to try and escape the downfall.

Hotaru runs!
with only my teeth
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You run - and a good job, too. The rocks begin to fall around you, and with luck they do not seal off the tunnel behind you entirely, but it will be a very ambitious journey to get back through them. That will probably need to be sorted out eventually (laying the seeds of a future PQ+, eh? Eh?), but for now you have the path ahead to forge. And that comes with its own problems.

Wessex and Hotaru are either very skilled or very lucky, and they evade all of the damage from the collapsing ceiling of the cave. Kiada and Loren however... they are not looking so good. The vulture will find a heavy rock striking her left side as she runs, badly grazing her arm and bruising it to the bone. The summoner is similarly afflicted on the right shoulder, and there’s a nasty pop! as it dislocates to boot.

As all falls silent, the pathway curves upwards. Ahead, a ruddy light appears to shine down upon you. Journey’s end. Are you ready? Prepare yourselves.

Post order:

1. Kiada 60/100
2. Wessex 245/259
3. Loren 230/250
4. Hotaru 80/80

You have 48 hours after the person before you to respond, otherwise your turn for the round will be skipped.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i am afraid that if i open myself
i will not stop pouring
Well fuck. She’s running about as fast as she can, eyes only straight ahead for the way out of the collapse — only to feel the sharpness of a rock nearly knock her off balance, already pained enough by bleeding forearms and frustration that lingers in her gut. A yelp leaves her as she feels the bruise begin to form, but determination shines through as she keeps running.

She pauses just enough to try and catch her breath, to check her arms and side tenderly, attention flickering to Wessex when the path grows quiet and a light shines through. “I vote ’get the fuck out of here’.” She manages, winded, but searches her pack for a bit of water to run along her wounds and clean them, ready to follow Wessex wherever she decides.

Kiada uses some water to try and clean her wounds and will follow Wessex wherever she decides to go (presumably up the incline xD)
why do i fear becoming a river?
what mountain gave me such shame?
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
They're all insanely lucky, Wessex concludes, once the rumbling and the dust settles. Nothing more (ha) than some bruises, maybe? “Everyone all right?” she asks quietly, eyeing everyone. Kiada is rubbing her shoulder, and it looks like Loren’s arm is at an odd angle - oof. Well, with that in mind, the Wraith then looks to the light beyond them and thinks back on all the scenarios shes imagined.

“You two hang back for a minute,” she says, pulling the shadow cloak out of her bag and offering it Kiada, who would probably know what it is. “Heal. Or one of you at least put this on and stick to the shadows.” For the element of surprise, of course. “You’ll probably hear if we need immediate help.” Despite the near-death experience with the cave in, there’s a tiny flicker of excitement in her eyes as she turns to Hotaru with the barest hint of a grin. Beckoning towards the light, Wessex sets herself against a wall and directs her shadow to remain behind her.

Much like her approach in Whitebrim, Wessex tries to sneak forward and see what’s ahead of them without being seen.
------------------

Wessex suggests Kiada and Loren stay behind for a moment and gives Kiada the Shadow Cloak. She then puts herself against the near wall and tries to sneak forward to see what’s in the light without being spotted.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
They made it through mostly unscathed. Mostly, but not entirely: as the rocks came down on his shoulder, Loren grunted in pain. Immediately going white-faced, he made sure he wasn't in immediate danger.

Letting Astra down as gently as he could, he straightened up with a groan and a wince. Nodding jerkily at Wessex's suggestion (the act causing him to grit his teeth against the pain of moving). Staggering over to Kiada, he somehow managed to lift his good hand and lay it on her shoulder.

While it rested there, he sent a pulse of healing magic through her body. Then he let his hand flop down and just breathed shallowly until he could get up the focus to heal his own wounds.

Loren heals Kiada.

Base Healing: Can heal 30pts of injuries per post.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Type: Grey
Mageglass Pendant | A large, prismatic stone suspended from a chain of silver. This pendant doubles the power of any magic that the user wields.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
moral of the story is, i will gut you if i need to
i will carve my way out
Luck or skill, Hotaru doesn't put weight on either, too busy being momentarily grateful that her headcount comes back right. Loren and Kiada look worse for wear, and she instinctively reaches to put her hand to Kiada's skin, looking her over. Distracted from her frustration over being useless in healing her niece by Wessex's voice, Hotaru turns away, confident in leaving her in Loren's capable hands. The man may be hurt, but she believes in his talents and honed skills.

It helps ease the way to returning Wessex's grin, her own smirk unfurling, pulse never fully easing from the adrenaline rush. Excitement overtaking at way may lay ahead. Ensuring her bracer is still tightly strapped down and Sunjata's dagger remains at her hip, she strides forward a step behind Wessex, ready to face what comes next. Keeping her steps light and fluid to help conceal them if anything lies ahead.

Hotaru follows Wessex and tries to keep out of sight.
with only my teeth
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.