can you help me?
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005

Noah Olson

We all want something to hold in the night
We don't care if it hurts or we're holding too tight

Noah left Delphine early in the morning, telling her he would be back sometime in the afternoon. He left her with a little money and instructions to have a good day but to stay out of trouble. He couldn't forget how the shopkeeper had spoken about her yesterday as they roamed the shops. The man was lucky that Delphine had pulled Noah so quickly away, otherwise he may have been left to lay over his goods with blood dripping from the corner of his lip. It had raised his ire more than he expected it to. However, no one who knew Noah could be as surprised. He was protective, ready to go to bat for people he only just called an acquaintance, most of the time. He had killed a man who merely looked and was suspicious of being a thread to protect Korbin. What would he do for Delphine? He wasn't sure, but he knew it would shock him.

He left her, for now, however, because he had a mission. With failed shrine visits and curses to bet, Noah needed help. He needed to understand. There was so much he did not know. While his people had spent their time praying to the old gods, Noah still hardly knew them, let alone their heralds. This plan for help came only with the stirring of memory. He heard a familiar name on the streets of Torchline, and now he sought her. He stood at the front entry of the brothel, hands fiddling uncomfortably with the container of salve he still had front his first encounter with the woman. He swallowed before gaining enough composure to knock on the door.

Phoebe

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
A knock on the door was certainly unusual. Most people knew to just walk in - the Halenani was still a business after all. Nevertheless, Phoebe paused in her tidying of the front area - someone had tracked in mud on their boots - and attended to the door. "Now just what sort of odd fellow knocks on a brothel door, hm?" she said as she opened it. Much to her surprise, it was someone she actually recognized. "Noah?!" she said in surprise.

Unlike last they met, Phoebe no longer donned a modest sun dress, but instead a flowing gown more suited to the place and the over-hot and muggy weather, her hair tied up in a bun upon her head. She smiled at the hunter, stepping aside so he could come in. "What brings you here? Surely you didn't come all this way just for some fun." she said with a wink.
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Noah Olson

A normal customer may have walked in without knocking, expecting to receive service like any other business, but Noah was not here for that today. He wasn't the type of man to frequent a brothel. In fact, he had never had solicited sex. Not that it was not unheard of in Halo--it just wasn't Noah's thing. Truly, he wasn't sure how he felt about it at all. Part of it made his stomach twist uncomfortably, but another part of him understood that people would do whatever they needed to do to survive and make a living for themselves. He just...could never see himself being a consumer of such things.

When Phoebe opened the door, he smiled brightly. His eyes wrinkled as their blue gaze danced over her dress. "Hello, Phoebe." He greeted her as she wordlessly invited him in. "You look well." It was a far cry from the medical college she had shown him before, but word on the street was that this business was flourishing for her. While Noah was dedicated to staying in Halo, he knew the portals being open really made other people's life opportunities and aspirations change. Noah did not know the story of the midwife leaving the Grounds and staying in Torchline, but he could at least be happy that she was doing well. He could admit, though, he mourned for a moment at the college closing down. He thought it to be a truly incredible place.

He shook his head some. "No, no." He shrugged, "I did come here for some business....just not that kind." He kept his voice light--he meant no insult in that. "I actually came here today to talk with you, to ask you some questions." Noah had no idea that he had not been the Madame's only personal visitor this week.

{Happy 300th post}

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
"As do you!" Phoebe said, still surprised to see the Halovian huntet come strolling through her door. So much had happened since she last saw him it felt like ages had passed, despite only a couple seasons separating the meetings. As he entered she moved to the counter, pulling out a few glasses and bottles of various liquor. If he wasn't here to buy a service she could at least offer him a drink whilst they chatted!

"You came all this way just to talk to little old me? Im flattered." she said with a grin. "Care for something to drink?" she asked. Whatever he chose she would pour for him before leading him out to the back porch, settling down at one of the many seating areas. "What sorts of questions can I help you with?" she asked.
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

He followed her as she moved them to a place they could talk. The smile he wore did not falter at all, and he laughed some when she asked if he had traveled all this way just to see her. "Well, I was here on other business, actually." A few things, at this point. "I was doing some scouting for a guild I recently joined. Getting to know the wildlife here in Torchline." He had already spent the day before on the beach, looking over and observing the cloud mantas and meeting a peculiar man in an unfinished thread. "I also came to accompany someone who wanted to travel and trade here. We've become...a couple. It's nice to have company." It felt a little stranger talking about it out loud here, now, his being with Delphine--but only because he hadn't really before. In Halo, he didn't have to. When people saw other people embrace and show public affection, they just connected dots. There was no need for defense or announcement. People just knew.

"Oh, whiskey is great." He said and took it from her when offered. "Among all of those other things, though, I came to ask you about some spiritual things." He took a small sip of his drink, and leaned back in his chair some. He seemed to grow a bit uncomfortable at the turn of conversation, and his laugh dripped down into a more serious expression. "You had mentioned before, when we met on the beach, that you knew the god Frey." Knowing was an understatement. "I told you I didn't know much about the gods...but I have been trying to learn more. I have tried to seek them, to ask for their help. Each time, I come up empty." On his last visit, he had encountered a creature that he was not sure entirely what it was, but it wasn't a god, and it didn't help him.

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"What Guild?" Phoebe asked curiously, carrying their drinks out to the porch. But that seemed not all the news he had. As she settled into her chair she smiled, glass of white wine held in dainty fingers. "Got yourself a lady friend? What's her name?" she asked. He was awfully bashful about it, she thought. But perhaps her tolerance for public affection had simply gone up, given her newfound profession.

But the conversation turned to one of the divine, and she watched him with a steady gaze as he explained the situation. She hummed a bit, sipping her wine as she thought. "Well, if it helps any, you are far from the first person I have heard with this conundrum. So it certainly isn't anything personal." she said with a reassuring smile. "The gods have many things to attend to, and by comparison we are small specks in their reality. Patience is your friend when trying to meet that gods." she explained, tapping her fingers against her glass in thought.

"And they are all quite different. For example, Frey has very specific interests and almost no patience for anything outside of those things unless you have earned their favor and trust. If you seek them, it is best to have very direct requests and to bring them an offering of fruit." she explained. "Even then, they can be a bit prickly at first. It took me a long time to develop the friendship I have with them."
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

Although they had only had one day of realy interaction, Noah liked Phoebe. She remained kind and curious, and Noah could not help but smile a little more around her. If he frequented Torchline more often, or her Halo, he was certain they could be close friends. "The Monster Hunter's Guild." Noah responded. It seemed fitting for his background, at least, for him to join a type of hunting organization. When asked about Delphine, he smiled a little more. "Delphine Mountrose." He rembered that Phoebe was an outlander herself, but he never learned where she originally came from or, Time can't remember, so he isn't sure if she will know the name or not, even though Delphine did live in the Hollowed Grounds for quite some time. From what Noah knows, Delphine lived quite a hermit-type life when her daughters were alive. Though, Phoebe had been a healer and ran the college, so it is possible that Delphine knew her even if Phoebe did not know Delphine. Either way, there was a fondness to the way Noah said her name that warmed his chest more than the whiskey he sipped.

They moved on to the more pressing matter for the hunter. The gods. He sipped as Phoebe talked, listening closely to each word and taking it in as if he was an avid student. Well, he felt he was starting to become one. He had recently been asking anyone he could about their knowledge and interactions with the gods. Having lived a life before of not seeming interested in them, too caught up in himself and his work for his people, he was not surprised the gods did not want to give him their time -- nevertheless, it was still frustrating. "That might be part of my problem...I just don't know about them individually. I haven't prayed specifically for a god at a shrine, I have just called out to any of them. The last time, I was visited by a woman with a luxere head...I'm not yet sure if that was another attuned playing a trick on me or if it was a spirit. I was too furstrated to find out." Noah sighed. "Can you tell me what it took for you to have Frey call you friend?"

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"My sister-in-law was part of that before she died. I remember when Ronin founded it." she said with a grin, glad to hear that the guild was still going strong in the wake of the founders' departure. But what was more surprising was the woman's name that flowed from his lips. "Delphine?" she said in shock - but the delighted sort. She didn't know her terribly well, memories of their home world fading in and out, but none of her interactions had been outrightly bad. "I am acquainted with her. She and I both come from Northaven." she said with a small smile. "I am glad to hear she has finally decided to start living again. I hope you are both happy." she said warmly.

But the topics of gods took precedence, and he asked of Frey again. The Nightingale took a sip of her wine, considering quietly. "I never sought Frey out for my own personal gain in the beginning. Everything I asked for or did was for the benefit of others, including Frey themself. That, I think, was what led to our friendship. So often, people seek the gods for answers to their problems, quick solutions, or selfish gain. But why should they care about your mortal problems when there is a whole world that needs their tending?" she said softly, gesturing to the flowers in the garden. "Frey is integral in the creation of new life, and I have worked hard to help them nurture it. It is why they asked me to come here, to care for those who fulfill people's most basic needs. Frey's work is done here, and I had proven I could nurture their most beloved people."
my heart is so tired
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

Noah nodded, though he was unsure of whether to give condolences for her loss or not. Her tone seemed unchanged, that she was just offering him information. There were a lot of things he needed still to learn about how this world was all interconnected--for one, he had no idea who Ronin was, and was under the impression this entire time that Kiada herself had started the guild. There was a rich history since he breaking of the barrier that Noah needed to learn more about. He had broad details of what had happened in the world, but not the intimate details of who had done what since the Voice started portaling outlanders into Caido. When Delphine was regarded positively, Noah's fond smile broadened. "Thank you." He said. He thought they both were truly happy, or at least becoming happier than they were before.

He was focused on her as she spoke, taking only small sips here and there of the whiskey she had offered him. He frowned some, though. "I think I am too selfish." He started leaning forward. He spread his legs some and rested his elbows on his knees, balancing the near-empty whiskey glass between his large hands. "I think I am selfish enough even to deceive myself. I've gone to the gods to seek their help in the form of a tool -- a weapon -- that would shoot tried and true. It has always been my ambition to provide for the people of Halo. I've always been a hunter, and I thought that by having a bow and arrow that would never miss, I could ensure more food for my people."

-FIN