this is us
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
ronin
A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets
Finally you understand,” Ronin says with a boyish laugh, a little busy moving driftwood to dedicate his full attention to the charade. But soon enough the manta is revealed, the Star straightening up so he can peer down at the poor thing, taking a second to catch his breath. Sugar leans against Remi in turn, a content chirp rising up in her throat, though her icy eyes are also on the creature.

”It isn’t so bad,” Ronin tells him after a moment or so, beckoning him closer. ”It’s only pinned on one side. If you can pull it out, I’ll summon Virgo and see if it can heal it up.” The projection is still present, standing at a distance, but close enough to react should the struggling thing cause a ruckus.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the alchemist
there's a feeling i get when i look to the west,
& my spirit is crying for leaving.
"You're a very complex man, Ronin. Forgive me for not immediately understanding all of your plans." Remi shoots back. He likes when the conversations get to this place, where he isn't even sure what they're bantering about anymore, but still the words seem to flow. It's all easy and a happy relief amidst the proper chaos and things that actually are complex in their lives.  

Nodding, Remi turns his head towards Sugar. "Not prey." He whispers, knowing that as soon as the last piece of wood is pulled from it, there is bound to be the fresh smell of blood and a good amount of movement on the part of the wounded creature. It's a warning to her as much as it is to himself.

Reaching forward, Remi waits until Ronin is ready, before making a quick pprrrp! sound in the back of his throat and quickly pulling out the last spear of wood.
in my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
& the voices of those who stand looking.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ronin
”I don’t forgive you, but I do understand,” Ronin says with an exaggerated sigh, his hands on his hips as he watches his husband make his way over to the trapped manta. The creature was surprisingly patient to say that it was still pinned to the ground by a sharp bit of wood - especially with Sugar leering over Remi’s shoulder. Not prey, yes, yes, but she could still taste it even if she wasn’t eating it, right?

Then the Alchemist pulled the shard of wood free, and the manta screeched in pain. Ronin wasted no time, however, taking a step back and resting a hand over the Virgo constellation on his arm. He swiped down, like he was trying to remove it, but rather than the tattoo scattering off his skin, stardust burst out before them. It took the shape of a beautiful celestial figure, who leant down before the manta to heal it with calming touches.

”Do you really think you’d want to work with animals?” he asks, a small smile on his face.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"That is all I ask." Remi says with a grin. "Your infinite patience with is humbling." He adds with a crooked smile.

Inhaling swiftly as light scatters from Ronin's forearm and the shackles appear. His wings itch against his back, wanting to sprout from his sides in some measure of defensive agitation. Instead, he simply grumbles under his breath in a way probably only Sugar will hear over the screeching of the manta. Watching the celestial figure with a guarded gaze, Remi exhales distractedly, not really listening until after the healing has finished.

"Ahh...well...I suppose it's the sort of thing that would...never be confusing. A wounded animal always deserves to be helped." The implication being that the same wasn't true of humans. "I'm not sure how good at it I would be though." Shrugging his shoulders (which have relaxed now that the shackles are gone), Remi again leans his head against Sugar's body.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
Sugar trills to Remi as the manta screeches and the healing takes place, huffing a cold breath out against her ear, and she watches as the creature’s wounds disappear and it rises up into the air. With Virgo scattering and disappearing, Ronin is smiling too, ducking as he’s almost batted by the manta, but soon enough it’s sailing off along the shoreline to find its herd. ”All’s well that ends well,” he remarks softly.

Turning back to Remi as he speaks, the Star finds himself raising his eyebrows, folding his arms across his chest to glance between his husband and his dragon, as if to ask Remi where he gets his doubt from. ”I think you’d do good with it,” he says softly. ”Hey, you could probably even help out Attuned, in their shifts.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
The Alchemist shrugs. "I've no magic for it..and it would probably be easier for everyone to shift back so that there's only human anatomy to learn, rather than all the various animal systems." What might be helping is learning a bit more basic first-aid. It has never really seemed necessary what with Isla around previously. Now with Ronin's ability to heal in various ways it seems even less of a requirement, but...maybe Remi could simply indulge himself in learning a new skill, even if it wasn't one life demanded of him.

"Alright. I have an animal-based theory I'd like to test. It's all about the effects of hot baths with whiskey and candles on the ability of luxere to more quickly regrow their antlers." Snaking an arm around Ronin's waist and flashing the Star a smile, Remi shrugs with boyish innocence. "Do you think you have some free time you might lend me for this experiment?"

Grinning stupidly, the Alchemist tugs his husband back home, suddenly very invested in the possibility of this career change.

~FIN