Itching for relief
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
I see your true colours shining through
Perhaps he was insane. Or perhaps he was just being driven insane, by the constant itching his seemingly-forever pink, peeling, burned skin.

Chuy was Australian. He'd dealt with sunburn before. Bit of aloe, lots of moisturiser, lots of staying hydrated, and it usually faded to a tan within a couple of days.

But this cursed sunburn just wasn't fucking off. He'd bathed in the Oasis in the Grounds, he'd dunked himself in a glacier in the Fangs, and while each experience had provided him with some relief, by the time he'd dried off again, the burn still hadn't budged.

He'd been planning to visit the beach with Kia almost as soon as they portal opened again. Plans changed though, and so he was here on his own for now.

Coming through the portal to find the region wrapped up in humidity and with threateningly pregnant clouds above, he'd immediately shifted into an eagle and flown for the ocean.

And seeing the horizon shift into the deep blue that was so familiar and yet so painfully foreign was a double-hit of nostalgia and loss all over again. He'd loved visiting the coast at home, grew up taking family holidays camping along the beach, swimming weeks and months away on the expansive shoreline of Australia.

He didn't know the name of the place that he eventually settled, but the quiet pools of water gave some shelter from the rough waves of the ocean whilst also providing him with what he sought - water. Landing and shifting on the edge of a pool, he wandered straight in, not bothering with shedding the simple shirt and shorts he wore, fully intending on simply taking a dunk and then heading back home - wherever that was at the moment.
so don't be afraid, to let them show
CHULANE

Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
last couple of months kinda been a disaster
Full stop. Is that a man, in the Miana? In the Miana?! During Monsoon season?

Yes. Yes it is.

Aye!” Milo calls out, head cocking to the side, letting his dark eyes scan across the sands and watching the waves chop at the ocean just beyond. Red brows furrow, uncertainty lingering within him. What the fuck was this guy doing? Maybe he was new? He had heard about Outlanders arriving on their shores, but surely he knew?

Clamoring away and dropping everything he was doing prior – last minute attempts to try and keep the windows from rattling in the shacks nearby – Milo feels the wind whip around his body as it begins to pick up again and he heads straight away from the beaches to the edge of the pool. “Aye, man, what’re ya doin’? The storms are here!” Maybe that’s enough to get a response, a surprise, an answer of ‘holy shit you’re right Milo and maybe I shouldn’t be in the water here or anywhere else outside for that matter.’ But honestly? If it starts to get worse, he’s not sticking around.

He’s lived through enough monsoons to know better than that.
tell all my friends i'm asleep if they ask ya
sorry, i had to move to alaska
MILO

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Just like that, the winds pick up. Waves whip along the beach, the Miana itself grows restless with makeshift waves lashing out at the air.

But that’s not all. The trees nearby, palms of that nature that are used to this sort of weather, remain standing strong and tall. At least until a sharp wind cuts through and tears off a branch of the palm, flinging it into the Miana narrowly avoiding Chulane and Milo as it crashes.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
I see your true colours shining through
The salty water soaks into him, and it is as if he has completed some kind of cosmic puzzle - he feels different, like the burn has shifted from a god-given magical sunburn to just a plain regular big day at the beach sunburn instead. He dived under the surface, relishing the feeling, coming up for air to hear the call from the man at the shore.

He glanced around, floating, not feeling the clear earnest that the other does. Hands ran along his arms, before he began paddling back towards the shore to better hear whatever warning the man had to say. He resisted the urge to reply 'swimming' to the man, but raised a hand above the surface in acknowledgement of the words with his head bobbing a nod as well. "It'll be --" fine was the word swallowed up by the sound of a loud crack.

The wind picking up had gone unnoticed, in fact he had enjoyed the cooling sensation of what he assumed was a nice sea breeze. The crack of the branch loosing itself from the tree was loud, thunderous, and enough to get Chuy moving.

Really, he should have known better. Torchline was comparable to the northern territory of his homeworld in climate, and they had a monsoon season too.

"Yep, no, you're right mate," the declaration full of Aussie ways of speech came after much hurried movement to extract himself from the pool, glacial gaze peering about to assess the situation. "Name's Chuy," he said as he walked decidedly away from the pool and towards any kind of shelter, assuming the man would come with.
so don't be afraid, to let them show
CHULANE

Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh he’s ready to give some sort of explanation of the idiocy of what Chulane is doing – but before he can, a branch breaks and Milo actually jumps a bit in surprise – gaze flickering back to the man in the water as he dashes toward the edge. “Ye, I know ‘m right.” He responds perhaps a bit gruffly, no time for the pride of him being right to preen imaginary feathers when he’s immediately lurching away from the water as the branch spews it back at him, drenching him along with the rain.

Luckily, the man’s out of the pool, and Milo hurries to get a smidge ahead of the man – to guide him to a place with cover and warmth to dry off. “Milo.” He replies, looking over his shoulder back at Chulane, before turning his attention away toward the path he’d just left. His hand comes out to gesture to the man to follow him through the alleys toward a place for cover. “What were ya doin’ out there?” He asks, calling over the winds, squinting against them as he hopes they don’t bring any more surprises his way.
MILO
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
let's set the world on fire
Honestly, Chuy wasn't overly concerned with being dry, the crimson hue of his burns evident through his wet shirt. Staying wet would encourage any hint of wind to cool him.

But the kind of wet that the storm above threatened was not what he had in mind.

"Went to a shrine, got cosmic sunburn, felt a need to… get wet." His excuse was a mess, and he knew it, but really, that was all he had. He follows the man through the alleyways, having virtually no clue where they were, or where they were heading, knowing only that it was Torchline, and this Milo guy was evidently a local.

"Didn't mean to cause alarm. Sorry." He was sorry, and now a bit anxious, though he was trying to keep his cool despite it all. He was also grateful, but felt like he was saying too much already, as the storm picked up around them. "You live nearby?" He opted for instead, wondering where he was being led (and when he'd be able to take flight again and find his way back to the portal), and whether he'd just made another blunder in stranding himself in a new region for an indefinite amount of time due to seasonal weather.
we can burn brighter than the sun
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Ach.” Milo responds at the mention of the shrine, glancing over at the lobster man once more. “Tend to avoid the gods, y’know. ‘R maybe they ignore me?” He flashes a half grin over toward Chulane before shaking his head and dipping into another alley, sure that the other man would follow him. The apology is met with a shrug, another sharp left turn into a sort of community section where people mulled about where water was available and a bit of food.

I do, yeh.” He offers, pausing to fully face Chulane now that they were somewhere safe. At least for the time being. “We’re not goin’ there, though. Already too many indoors.” A small snort leaves him before he shakes his head and moves to grab a towel to dry off his red hair and to remove the tools he’d had with him as he tried to fix a few loose boards of a porch before he’d spotted Chulane. “Y’new here or somethin’?
MILO
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
He was starting to feel the same way about the gods. In fact, that was how he had felt until he'd been pushed to a point of wanting to improve, to grow, to seek improvement from a force bigger than himself. It wasn't to be - not this time, anyway. Perhaps he would try again - perhaps he would try again with support from friends, or after he had spent more time improving himself the mortal way, through hard work and determination. He mumbled a low sound of agreement with Milo's words anyway, nodding along as he was led through alleyways and eventually to a community centre of sorts.

A slanted smile tugged at the corner of his mouth as they came to a stop, before his gaze looked around, absorbing the area and all it had to offer. Sights, sounds, smells; there were more people than he expected to see here, but then it was a relatively safe area, and he supposed not everyone was content to wait a storm out locked away in their rooms (case in point: himself).

"Yeah, Outlander, portal dropped me in Halo just before Deepfrost. First time to Torchline." It wasn't meant to be this way, he wanted to say, Kia was meant to be here, we were meant to go camping. He was feeling disjointed, out of place, despite the heat and humidity being something so familiar to him from the beaches of his homeworld. He made to wander a bit further in, to grab a cup of water. "How long does each storm usually last?" he asked, perhaps a bit too hopeful.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Eventually his hair is dry enough, though it sticks out in random spaces much like a dog that’s just shaken out. His dark gaze finds Chulane again, right when the other man offers his own information, and both brows raise in surprise. “An Outlander, huh?” He repeats, some sort of surprise and smugness crossing over the younger man’s face. “Don’ think I’ve ever met one a’ya before.” He offers with a bit of amusement.

But then he’s following Chulane toward the water – grabbing a glass for himself as well, when the question of how long the storm usually lasts. “Goes off ‘n on for the last halfa the season.” He adds, pausing to take a sip of his glass, before letting it linger in his hands. “Why? Y’got plans?” Perhaps he’s pressing a bit too much, but there’s a boyishly crooked smirk that crosses his face as if he knows that Chulane’s already itching to get out of here.
MILO
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
"I've never met a Torchliner before either," he offered with a smile he didn't feel, taking a  drink of water, swirling it around his mouth a moment before swallowing.

Off 'n on for the last halfa season. It was just exactly what he didn't really want to hear. He supposed that he had managed to get to the pool from the Port during an 'off' moment, and hoped he would luck out and be able to get back through on the same day.

He shook his head, catching himself in this funk, and hating it. Milo's question brought him back, and he faced it with a more genuine smile this time, a clearer head to acknowledge what was going on. He'd fucked up, but it wasn't the end of the world.

"Yes, actually. Plans for Halo. Ever eaten Ningo?" He leaned against the wall, dripping wet still, but not seeming to mind, or in a hurry to do anything about it. It was a relief, a way for his overly warm skin to cool.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
A wide grin crosses Milo’s face at the mention of being the first Torchliner before. “We prefer t'be called Torcher’s.” He offers with a playful tilt of his head, an arm moving to set on his hip like he’s about to scold. “Hope it’s what yer lookin’ for.” He tacks on at the end of that statement, a huff of laughter. He doesn’t know what Chulane expected when it came to meeting the naturals here, but he hopes they hadn’t disappointed.

But Milo sips from his glass, watching Chulane casually, before the question is poised at him and his head cocks to the side. “The fuck’s a Ningo?” He asks, still clutching his glass. “Some sorta ice monster?” It’s a wild guess, but the thought of this man chasing after some weird humanoid animal cross in the snowy plains of Halo, does make him want to burst out laughing.
MILO
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
"Torcher's," he repeated, to ensure he got it right, nodding, mentally noting it. He was grateful to have met a relatively kind Natural here - he'd lucked out with most of the first meetings he'd had with people of this world, finding them forgiving for the most part of it ignorance, willing to fill in the gaps in his knowledge. A smile slanted his lips as Milo playfully scolded him, a noncommittal shrug rolling his shoulders in response.

He laughed, letting the last remnants of his anxiety at potentially being stuck here longer than initially intended be swallowed by the amusement. Oh, he could bullshit the man before him, could weave a tale of taming wild beasts and make it seem like his ningo farm was more of an ursur farm - but no. Chuy was too honest, his ability to lie about as good as his ability to stop from blushing when he was embarrassed.

"They can be pretty monstrous in attitude," he chuckled, before waving a hand and clarifying. "Think a cross between a chicken and a pigeon, and adapted to the cold, and you've got a ningo. We're gonna build a farm." He could talk for days on his plans, on the specifics, but he had learned long ago that not everyone shared his absolute nerdy pleasure in planning such things out. "Never been through the portal then?" A brow quirked up as he attempted to know more about his newest acquaintance.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
The other man laughs and Milo finds a small grin forming on his face from it, even if he was incredibly confused as to what a ningo was. Still, the explanation is given and Milo’s thankful for that – at least until the mention of a pigeon, not sure what exactly that type of creature was – so he leans toward maybe a slightly smarter chicken, perhaps more brazen and greedy? He’s grasping straws here.

To farm ‘em? For food, then I’m guessin’?” He asks before Chuy questions whether or not he’s been through a portal. The face he makes is almost comical – brows furrowing paired with a deep inhale of breath, lips forming a frown as he considers it. “Nah, not really interested t’be honest.” What was there for him in the ice cold tundra of Halo? What was there for him in the ruins that were the Hollowed Grounds? What was there for him in the forests of the Greatwood?

Nah, he’s good.
MILO
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
"Food, feathers, eggs, and shit." He listed off the each thing with a nod for emphasis, confirming the man's guess. There was a wealth of possibility to be had in the farm, a way for Halo to have more of an economic impact on this world, a way for them to weather the dark, cold grips of Deepfrost. He was understandably anxious to return to work, but equally he was driven by a need to try anything to relieve the incessant itching this accursed sunburn was giving him - he could hardly concentrate on building the deep freeze he had plans for while peeling and blistering away in the cold.

He was surprised when the lad commented on holding no interest in the realms outside of Torchline. Chuy was an ambivert, he enjoyed going home, enjoyed having 'his' space, but he also had a yearning to see the world, to face the challenges that it posed. "Oh?" A brow raised, before he shrugged in acceptance of the words. Not everyone had the same ambitions, he well knew. "What sort of things do you do here?" Genuine curiosity had him asking - the rain seemed to have settled in for a good while, may as well learn what he could about the other man and Torchline while he was here.