meet me on seventh street
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// every time you cross my mind, i brought another memory to keep yours inside
i saw us drown like high tide, and everything is nothing if you're not here tonight //
Y’won’t.” Milo chimes with amusement, flashing Theo a grin that suggests his hand isn’t as bad as he thinks it is, either that or he’s overcompensating for something. “It’ll let up here in a bit ‘n you can make yer way back down. Careful’a the winds though. That’s where it gets ya.” A tidbit of information, of ease, spread through the game while he works on trying to ensure that his hand isn’t awful.

But the kid beside them doesn’t fold, wants to try his luck again with the pot he’s tossed in, and Milo out of the fun of it all simply tosses in the rest of his prior pot in. Might as well make it interesting, right? A small smirk clings to his lips as he puts his hand down beside Theo’s to show a pair of two’s and nothing else of importance, shrugging away the fact he’d lost.

The kid beside them had it even worse off, though, and Milo wonders if the kid’s ever played poker before. But he shrugs, letting Theo take all the trinkets, as he leans back to focus on the storm outside the walls. “Actually, y’might be in luck. Look’s like it’s let down a bit out there.
MILO
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Theo

Turning over his cards to show three sixes, Theo swept the pot towards him with a grin. Then he glanced out the window, trying to judge whether it had let up enough for him to head out. Yes, it wasn't going to be fun, but he could make it somewhere, so he figured he'd better take this chance while he had it -- and quit while he was ahead.

"Well, gentlemen, it's been nice," Theo said, picking up the cards and starting to put the deck away -- and his winnings. "We'll have to do this again sometime."

He hoped they'd actually let him call it a day, and not insist on trying to win back some of their losses. Extricating himself from a card game could be a bit risky at times, even without a monsoon on.

can't say good morning without lying twice

coding base by Skylark
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// every time you cross my mind, i brought another memory to keep yours inside
i saw us drown like high tide, and everything is nothing if you're not here tonight //
Milo takes the loss with an easy shrug and amusement lingering in his chest, gaze focusing on Theo as the man takes the winnings. Moving to stand as well, Milo helps pull the other boy to his feet – ensuring that the loss hadn’t been too hard for the kid, having not done much gambling in the past. But there’s a nod given to Theo before he departs, a wordless goodbye as his hand lifts to wave quietly.

They’d meet again, he’s sure of it. For now, however, with the storm lightening up, it’s time to go and find some source of food and something warm.

- FIN <3333
MILO