Sheriff

Age: 39 | Height: 6' 5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
CASSIUS
Strong Hands, Strong Mind, Strong Heart
Cassius stepped into what appeared to be a vacant shop. The counter rotted and broken just as the rest of the interior. A deep breath taken as his blue eyes carried over what used to be a general store, one owned by Miss Elanor.

Despite the diminished appearance, Cassius walked along hearing the echoes of a life that seemed so long ago.

The laughter. His eyes closed as his hand rested on the counter. A soft smile of recollection was given as he could hear Elanor imploring him to court a fair young woman who had arrived just a few days ago.

The scent of her pies and stews she always had waiting for him in the long winters...Cassius inhaled deeply as if tricking himself he could still smell the food and its comforts.

Staying in his patrols later than expected just to see Mina, the new hand Elanor spoke of, stacking away produce every night. Summoning the courage to step in and offer her help despite it not being part of his duties as a guard.

Of their courtship, and how every night he kept finding excuses to just happen to be in the neighborhood...

So much warmth, so much laughter, so much love was held in this place. Though as Cassius opened his eyes he saw only ruin. The echoes of the past silenced. Stepping out of the ruined shop, he turned and looked over the corridor, with its broken door.

His face etched with sympathy toward it, a hollow shell of a place once brimming with so much life. Than the further he thought, the more his features softened and his lips creased into a smile. He would bring the echoes of life back, not just here...but where only ruin had silenced it.

The world needed to become better, and rebuilding the shop into something to spearhead that effort would be the first order of business.

In time, notices were left along the settlement.

"It is easy to look around and feel loss. It's in the shells of buildings that once filled with life, and in the rotted ruins we have left behind. I don't have the answers as to why this happened, or how, but we will find out together. I promise you this. Before we do, before we can move forward, we must begin to rebuild. We must reestablish order, or chaos will consume us again.

So I ask you, any who would listen, to stand with me in bringing order back.  As far as I know, I am the last of my kind. The last of the remaining holders of law. That will be no longer. In the settlement, furthest to the west, you will find a shop with the door broken in half. Come there, any time, you will find me.

Sheriff Cassius Otto"

As the notices were placed, Cassius returned to the shop. It was well into the afternoon, early evening when the sun began to set, that echoes of his efforts could be heard by any who approached as he began to tear down its remnants. He knew nothing of the outlanders, and if any naturals would seize a chance to establish order once again...but it was a task he was ready to take on his own if need be.

{OOC}

Okay guys so, this is my first PQ and i'm really excited for a chance to form up a posse like a good old fashioned western. They'll be roughnecks, they'll be fair, but most importantly, they'll be enforcing the laws that will be established in order to preserve what good is left in this ruin, and give us a chance to establish order.

Including myself I will open three other slots to keep this small and intimate and quick moving, but I have every intention to grow, like any other law enforcement unit.

This PQ will see several practical challenges to your strength, endurance, and dexterity. As well as challenges to one's character. Cassius is your classic lawful good archetype, and will be looking to recruit those of a similar ilk, though exceptions will be made. So, let's have some fun and mount up!

1: Cassius
2: Lucas
3: Roana
4: Min

Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Roana hadn’t really been up to much. Just trying to keep everything together took a lot of energy these days with three rambunctious boys. It was depressing. She didn’t feel herself. Even as she made rounds through the settlement and the domiciles she felt out of place. For so many years her life had been rigidly structured so she could best serve her countrymen. Now here she was without a place, listless.

But it was while she walked through town that she happened upon the flyer. Blue eyes scanned it quickly, a brow raising in curiosity. A group of people to keep order? To keep people safe and chaos at bay? As a mother and a soldier that spoke to her on a deep level. She placed the flyer back where she found it before changing her route to go to this meeting place. At any rate she could see what this was all about…and if it was a cause worth aligning with. Perhaps it would give her life meaning once more.

When she arrived she saw a tall bearded man she didn’t recognize, or at least one she couldn’t put a name with. “Sheriff Cassius, I presume?” she said. “Roana Steadman, former Captain of the StormArmy of Northwind.” Not that her title mattered now, but since he was looking for people to keep the peace, it seemed relevant knowledge for him to have.
roana
Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
Min Byeon
Mercenary

Age: 44 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

DAMNED IF I YIELD AT THE END OF THE CHASE

As soon as Min had seen the poster, read the words which resonated so well with her own heart, she had known she had to find out more about this organisation. Of course, she did not commit to it in her mind right away - it was rarely productive to become quickly attached and as far as she knew it could be some kind of Outlander plan, in which case she would go simply to keep track of what they were up to.

With an old knife and some even older armour, she set off to the shop mentioned in the poster, not sure what exactly she was expecting to find. But anyone trying to impose order on the place was speaking her language.

She entered the half-broken door (thinking that if this was any kind of professional organisation they needed to get it sorted. Appearances and first impressions mattered.) and gave a brisk nod to the man and woman inside.

"Hello. I want to help with the organisation suggested on the poster. I have been a mercenary and value rules." Min kept it short, thinking that by the looks of it the group needed any help they could get.

MIN

Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
LUCI

Oh, but what a beautiful farce this could be.

Lucas had been confined in this body that didn't feel, in this ruinous hole of a world for all of a day, and he was already bored. Bored and done and entirely too sober to be dealing with it. Usually the cold of Deepfrost would have had the devil in him quaking back and recoiling, but he barely felt the tingle of snow against his bare feet.

Ah yes, his feet were still bare. And the less said about the rest of his attire, the better. He had seen the notice, green eyes piercing it like he could burn a hole through it (nope, that was gone too, much to his chagrin). And he had arrived; fashionably late, apparently, and just as unapologetic.

"Room for one more?" he inquired smoothly as he stepped in through the ruined half-door, leaning against its frame in an all too comfortable slouch. "I have experience with keeping things secure, shall we say." He flashed them a fanged grin.
Cassius Otto
Sheriff

Age: 39 | Height: 6' 5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
CASSIUS
Strong Hands, Strong Mind, Strong Heart
Broad hands wrapped around the counter as he began pulling it off its foundation. The rotted wood was all but dead weight, though he managed to pry one side free.

He had been mid-grunt, pulling the counter over to one side when he looked over to the voice that called his name. His grip released as the counter fell back to its upright position.

"You presume correctly...Captain?"

Cassius would offer Roana a smile as he wiped his hands, stepping around to greet her with a firm shake of her hand. Had Roana taken it, she would noticed the impression that he was somewhat impressed at the strength of her grip.

"It's safe to assume you're not from around here are you? Either way, experience of any kind is always welcome."

It was than Cassius turned to Min as she entered, excusing himself for a moment from the captain as he offered the same greeting to her he did to Roana. Again if Min had chosen to taken the offered hand she would be met with a firm grip.

"You'll find we're still a work in progress...but I have every intention of bringing back order, and rules to value. Well met..."

Cassius intentionally leaving it blank so the mercenary could fill in her name for him, after which he found a fanged gentleman at the corridor.

"Always room for those willing to help..."

His voice trailing as he looked over Lucas as he stepped over to him and offered the ascended his hand in greeting.

"How else would someone talk about security?...didn't get your name."

Brow quirked to the side as Cassius, had Lucas taken his hand, would greet him with a firm shake of the hand as well.

Once introductions were made, Cassius wasted little time into sending the others to work. Roana would tasked with helping with the breakdown from within the shop with Cassius. Min and Lucas would be charged with salvaging the settlement for several needed accoutrement. First being a door that could be replaced, the other being spare lumber which wouldn't be too difficult to salvage without too much damage. Many of the dwellings and shops still were barren, mere shells of what they once were. Which would make pillaging them rather simple...right?

Cassius had a reason for the organization of assignments for now, it would give him time to isolate himself with each person individually to learn more about them, their moral and ethical standing, and what motivated them to answer his call.

"Come over on this side..."

He'd motion for Roana to stand next to him on one side of the large, rotted counter as he reached over and grabbed the edge on the other end. A motion of his head told her to do the same.

"No good moving it on my own, seems virtually fused to the ground..."

Cassius called out with a grunt as he readied his grip.

"Figure we give it a shot together...on three...1...2...3!"

Through gritted teeth, even with another set of hands, both would feel the force of the counter testing their strength as they would pull against it.

"Captain...Roana...Steadman...of Northwind..."

He muttered through the strain of the weight as he looked briefly toward her.

"Must be hard...being so far...from home..."

Cassius continued, the wood beginning to groan beneath their force.

"What...was Northwind...like?"

Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Roana was used to that surprised look when she shook a man's hand. Not only had her father taught her to shake hands properly, she did have an impressive grip. Not a break your hand sort, but one that indicated she probably could.

A brow raised when he told her to stay and help him, sending the others away. Specifically at their task though. Moving a desk? What idiot had adhered a desk to a floor? Odd, but she was more than willing to pitch in. Roana positioned herself as he asked her too on one end of the desk. One his count she pushed against it with all her might, starting from her legs then up through her arms. His side might still be stuck to the ground, but the loud snap was the proof that she had been successful in prying her end from the floor.

"Hardly the first time I've been away." she said with a slight shrug. "Northwind was in a constant state of war with the surrounding nations. There might not be much here but at least so far there are no grand scale military actions to worry about." Roana considered Cassius as he struggled with his side of the desk.

"Want me to get it?" she offered.
roana
Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
Min Byeon
Mercenary

Age: 44 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

DAMNED IF I YIELD AT THE END OF THE CHASE

Min shook the hand offered to her with a balanced handshake, firm and quick. "Min Byeon." She gave as her name, nodding with a slight inclination towards Cassius.

She liked things that got to the point right away, and so approved of Cassius immediately giving each of them something to do. Spare wood was not difficult to find in this place so the task was easy enough, though she did wrinkle her nose at having to share the duty with an Outlander (she identified them easily. The voices, the motions. All of it subtly not of this place).

Practically ignoring Lucas, she set to work locating wood or useful bits and pieces from nearby abandoned buildings. Many of them that had once been empty were now filled in with new arrivals, but she still found a house dusty and cold, with a wall collapsed, meaning there was plenty of materials (including a wooden door) to salvage.

She had never particularly been one for home projects, but Min never put down a challenge. With her knife, she began to work on unscrewing the hinges to take the door down.

MIN

Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
LUCI

"Didn't give it," Lucas murmured in regards to his name, reaching out to clasp the other man's hand in polite greeting. "It's Lucas Copperhead though, for your trouble." He stood back to linger in the doorway, still, as though he might yet change his mind about this whole thing, when their glorious leader began to assign them their tasks. Collecting wood, and a door? Hardly difficult, and he nodded and left to his work near immediately.

Ignorance on the part of his workmate was good enough for him, and Lucas ignored Min with similar enthusiasm. As she worked on the door he headed further into the barren place, scouting out lumber that they could salvage. He found some beneath a half collapsed wall and, when peeking beneath it, saw an old skeleton, too. An accident or malicious, he didn't know, but whoever it was who had been crushed by the wall, he didn't think they'd need wood.

Collecting it, he hefted it over his shoulder and began to make his way back to Cassius, not sparing Min a glance.