so what?!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
drinking champagne from the fire escape, watching all my troubles rain down
Has he been drinking? Yup.

Heading toward the docks is a real shit idea. But he’s consistently had those, it seems. Especially with the weather and storm outside, Milo can’t help but to go stir crazy at home, unable to sit still. So he finds himself along the Port, familiar streets – seeking familiar faces that he might be able to hunker down with and annoy until they also kick him out. It’s an adventure, however, ducking consistently into varying shops to avoid the brunt of the winds as they cascade around.

It isn’t until he’s found the usual spot near the docks – an even shittier idea despite the way he watches the sandbags hold up for the time being. He eyes the canals warily as he dips into the meeting point, shrugging off the wet jacket and shaking out his red hair much like a dog. “Zeppphhhh, you in?” He calls out, clicking the door shut behind him and locking it as per usual. “I’m hoooomeeee.
everyone i know's got somewhere to go
I'm here with my head in the clouds
MILO
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
as the world comes to an end
i'll be there to hold your hand
"The fuck ya doin' out in this mess, Milo?" Of course you don't have much of a leg to stand on, given your current placement on a chair in the half-hidden and heavily reinforced shanty, but you're an adult and will die on the high ground afforded to you by age and worldly wisdom or whatever. There's a bottle of whiskey on the table before you, and though your not wearing a coat at the moment yours is behind you on a peg, ready at a moment's notice to pull it on and bust out the door.

Y'know. Be heroic or whatever.

It is a heroism that does not extend to standing up for idiots who are out in the rain for no good reason. Confident that Milo isn't in a state of distress or rushing to report something, you abandon whatever paternal panic rose up in your breast in favor of sinking into your seat and taking a sip from your flask. Passing it toward Milo, you kick out the chair across the table for the kid to sit.
you're a king and i'm a lionheart
ZEPH
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oy, stop with that.” Milo croons, waving off Zeph as he enters and closes the door. Zeph plops down in his seat and another chair slides out toward him where Milo easily sinks down in it as well, splaying out for a moment before the flash of the flask catches his eye and he grabs for it to take a swig. “Y’know me. I can’t sit still. M’soons be damned.” He slurrs, flashing a grin and handing the flask back.

’Sides, dad’s home ‘n I can’t listen to another story about the whales fuckin’ with his fishin’ lines.” He makes a show, waving his hands around in the air, as if Zeph could imagine just how animated his father had been. “Have you been up to anything interestin’?” He asks, unable to wipe the grin from his face as he tilts his head toward the other man.
MILO
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
If ADHD was a thing that existed in Caido you might have suspected Milo of having it; alas, the kid will never be diagnosed because modern medicine does not exist. Rough stuff.

You snort at his summation of his father's stories, knowing well how the old fisherman can rant on and on about his lines. "An' ya thought I'd be better company, 's that it?" you tease, raising your cloven eyebrow. Kid needs friends of his own age, not some winzined fucker.

"Nope. Just keepin' watch." Nothing you want to share, anyway. Taking back the flask, you lean an elbow onto the table. "Made a couple'a changes down in the Fingers. I'll take ya out once the storms clear, ya can help me clean up."
ZEPH
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
A’course I do, Zeph.” Milo offers with a bright chime of laughter. “Least for the time bein’.” A shrug of his shoulders, propping his legs up as he sinks and melts into the chair. The mention of just keeping watch has him nodding, reaching for Zeph’s flask again to swipe it back over.

Yer gonna make me work?” He asks over the edge of the flask before downing another sip of it. “Ain’t really interested in all that.” He manages after swallowing the sip and capping the flask to toss back toward Zeph.

Rumor has it you got another fella yer hangin’ with.” He offers, brow raising. Olavi’s comment eating at him with the possibility even if Milo has shrugged it off. Would Felix take his place as a runner? “Am I gettin’ too old to run?
MILO
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
Little shit. You snort as he props his legs onto the table, but all your grumbling is for show. Vai was right: you're a big softy under that gruff exterior, more so the pity, and kids are your weakest link.

"No? An' here I was thinkin' I might make ya my second. Business's expandin' an' all." It's true: with the guild built up and the new trade routes from the portals you're going to have your hands full pretty soon. It'd be good to have someone you trust as a right hand.

You blink at the sudden envy, surprised and then immediately amused. Does he mean Felix? Gods, if only he knew. Still, you can use this. Leaning forward you snag the flask again, running your fingers over it while putting on a thoughtful expression. "I hadn't thought 'bout it, but now ya mention, kid is a hard worker. Maybe he'll wanna be my right hand, seen' as you ain't interested..." Sly brown eyes glint up at him as though to say, your move.
ZEPH
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Wide brown eyes flicker toward Zeph, looking for the lie in the statement of making him his second. A surprise and shock, to be honest, but then he has to go and ruin it – any excitement that cascades along his face shifts immediately to a frown as he stares blatantly at Zeph – watching as he leans forward to snatch the flask.

Y’bastard.” He grumbles, shaking his head hard enough that a bit of the red hair goes flopping over. “A’course I’ll work. Have been for a while now, wouldn’t know what I'd do without it.” He huffs, puffing a bit of air out, cheeks expanding as he does so. But his gaze does flicker back toward Zephyr. “What’ll I do? Bein’ your second. Still runnin’ or somethin’ else?” A brow raises with that, a tilt of his head.
MILO
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
He takes the bait as easily as you expected, and you can't help but chuckle in pleased amusement. He's still such a child despite being an adult that you feel a brief twinge of guilt for bringing him into your bullshit, but then again, this way you can keep a better eye on him. It's something.

"Well... Some'a th'bigger players're setting' up t'organize. Make us legitimate in th'eyes of our new government." The sardonic way you say this makes it fairly clear you don't actually give a shit about the government, but legitimizing and keeping things to a certain code is something you used to talk about... before.

"I need someone who'll keep an eye on our people'n our stuff when I can't. Who tells me 'bout things I miss, an' has a nose for good scores."
ZEPH
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
He falls for those tricks easily – Zeph knows this, Milo knows this, but does it stop anything? Of course not. The boy’s far more built for working and running than he is for smarts. Still, he listens like a water starved fish as Zeph begins to explain, his head cocking to the side – exaggerated only because of the alcohol coursing through his system.

Oooh.” Milo begins, legs knocking off the table to land with a thump on the floor, moving to lean forward toward Zeph to search his face for the lie. He can’t find one, though, and that amuses him fully, fills him with excitement and anticipation of what came next. “Yeah. Yeah! Yeah, definitely.” He stumbles over his words, flashing a bright grin toward Zeph. “I can’ do that.” The grin remains, brown eyes wide as he focuses on the older man.

Just… a… Tell me where ya want me, ‘n I’ll be there.
MILO
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
"Good. Then we agree." You meet his bright grin with a quirk of your own lips, amused to see his enthusiasm written so clearly on his face- and a little relieved, if we're being honest. You hadn't expected him to reject your proposal, but it's still good to hear him accept it. Extending a hand for him to shake, you squeeze firmly upon his palm before settling back into your seat.

"Ain't gonna be much 'fore the season changes, but knowin' I got another set'a eyes out there's a relief." Nodding at the not-child, you take another sip of whiskey and pass across the flask. "Fer now keep alert, an' if ya see anyone makin' more trouble than they ought lemme know. Tryin'a keep things civil with our new 'ministration." Again, your lack of respect for the administration is totally apparent, but whatever. You're confident enough in Milo's allegiance to be frank in front of the boy.
ZEPH
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Yeah.” Milo says, leaning forward a bit to accept the handshake with a firm enough one of his own – both of them sporting much of the same callouses, much of the same wear, though Milo’s young in comparison. He thinks he’s at least pulled his weight. And much like the boy that he is, he focuses intensely on Zephyr as he explains that there’s not a lot going on until the season changes. He grabs the flask and takes another swig from it, an easy grin on his face as he bobs his head.

’Void the ‘Biter. Got it.” He chimes with all the confidence in the world and hands the flask back. “Y’good if I stay here for a bit?” It’s a bit softer of a question, and deep within him, he knows that Zeph won’t mind, but it’s a nice thing to ask regardless. And he sits back in the chair, props his legs up again and leans back – letting the panging of the rain accompany the easy conversation between them.

- FIN
MILO