[SE-OPEN] what I might discover inside
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
"No. They have had very little impact on my life. A while ago I prayed at a shrine, to see if I could obtain some divine help for Halo, and I was given...something, by a spirit, but I did not see a God." Morgan neglected to mention that the 'something' was a gooey hair ball, thinking it might distract from her point somewhat.

Chulane provided her a well thought out and lengthy answer to her question, which Morgan appreciated: it made her sure once again in her decision to elect him to her council.

"I agree Neron is not a good example. That still leaves the Blight, and the other problems that regions have had with Ascended: the Greatwood have had sacred places destroyed, the Grounds was almost destroyed by the Blight and it's spread...I fear for these kinds of events. I do not know if the Citadel could take something like that now." She sighed. Morgan did not want to be the bad guy, did not want to discriminate, but the responsibility of looking after Halo weighed heavy on her shoulders and she had to consider each danger.

However, Chulane was right about innocents. "I have been considering for the moment encouraging Ascendeds to come if they like, to meet us in Halo, to integrate...though I will be keeping a vigilant eye out for anything similar to disasters from other regions. I know there is a shrine to their Goddess up in the mountains, so many Ascended have already travelled to at least the Tundra. Potentially, as a sign of goodwill, we could provide a better-made path up to it."
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
May your past be the sound
He was interested to learn more about Morgan, knowing only what some of his conversation with guards knew about her, the rest was much a mystery. While he considered asking exactly what something she had received, he also knew enough about her to know that she chose her words carefully, and likely glossed over details intentionally.

He wondered what else the playful spirits could give to people. Were they as powerful as the gods in the things they could bestow? Or did they just bored supernatural beings with 'gifts' enough to cause temporary unpleasantness?

He nodded, agreeing with her - he recognised that the Ascended had not given themselves a good name, but he still viewed it as the mistake of the mother rather than the children. It was a hard line to walk, to want to like each individual for who they were and what they did, rather than judge them all by the actions of their extremely powerful mother. "I understand." He said quietly, hoping she heard the sincerity in his voice.

"I think the Citadel is better equipped than ever before to face any challenges that might come." It was a simple comment, given with a soft smile. He meant it, for though he hadn't been there long, he had seen the difference in the people when Morgan had stepped up, when she had given them direction, a goal, fortified the township. "We can only prepare so much, with any luck, if another disaster strikes we'll have done enough that only structures fall, and lives are protected."

On the subject of making a better path to the shrine in the Tundra, Chuy was surprised, but happily so. "That's a great idea - maybe it's worth a discussion with Neron?" He was ignorant to any relations that might have gone on between the two, and meant his words as a way of offering himself to be present on the discussion too.
of your feet upon the ground
CHULANE
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Chulane was reasonable and listened to her concerns with patience, which she appreciated: so many reacted with emotion, with anger, when there were legitimate concerns around these issues.

"I hope so. I want to put more work into our Citadel still though, until I can be absolutely sure of it's safety." The attack on the gates had shaken Morgan in a way that few things in her life had, and she was desperate to ensure that nothing of the like would happen again. "I will gladly give my life to defend our people, if it comes to that, but I do hope the defenses we have are enough. General Deimos of the Grounds gave us some catapults to help." She had been grateful for the gesture and a smile touched her face, a reminder that there were allies out in the world.

Hearing Neron's name put her on edge, but she couldn't see any suspicion in Chulane's face, so she only nodded. "Possibly. It might be worthwhile speaking to Ascended in the Grounds, though: see if they would value a path to the shrine here."
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
"I'm right there with you, Morgan," he confirmed. He was committed to his role on the council, even if his heart brought him to the Grounds more often than not. He genuinely wanted what was best for the region he'd arrived in, the region he'd made a place for himself in. It was going to be a challenge - it already had been that - but he was keen to prove his worth in the situation.

"Catapults huh? I bet Deimos loved that," he chuckled lightly at the thought, idly looking forward to seeing them for himself (and wondering if he'd be allowed to launch a super-sized snowball off one at least once).

"Of the Ascended, I only really know Neron and Wessex." He shrugged, offering a smile. "Wessex can be hard to pin down, and she can teleport besides. But I believe she's something of a matriarch for them all? Next time I see her, I'm happy to mention it? And if I meet any others along the way, of course."  He grinned, before glancing about at the movement of the farmers across the field.

"Looks like they have this well in hand," he noted, their own efforts with the shovels doing enough to make a difference, that along with the farmers' efforts, the majority of the field was sufficiently dampened and turned.
CHULANE
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Morgan smiled, glad that her choices for council had over and over proven themselves to be good, loyal people; it made her more confident in her ability to read potential allies, and more hopeful for the future of their Citadel.

"Hmm? You think he wouldn't? I can't admit I know the General very well, but he seemed quite happy to use his own back in the Grounds." It had been the only time Morgan could say she'd seen Deimos look almost childishly happy, the moment he got to test out the shot of the catapult; she had been right there with him too, there was something simply pleasing about the force of the weapons.

Hearing that Chulane was apparently friendly enough with Wessex to be able to mention something 'next time he saw her', Morgan raised an eyebrow. "Wessex is not someone I consider reasonable, nor an ally. Do you know her well?"

The field was indeed looking much better than it had when she'd arrived. Morgan nodded, moving to walk towards the gate, the shovel she had been controlling floating over to lean against the wall.
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
He laughed, shaking his head at the misunderstanding. "No, no, I meant it - catapults sound exactly like what Deimos would get enthusiastic about." he grinned at the thought, amusement clearly evident. "He's like a father to Kiada, and I don't claim to know him well - but well enough to know that much, at least." He clarified, hoping to assuage any miscommunication.

Of course, the idea that the catapults could and would potentially be used against actual people… wasn't something his mind was quite ready to think about just now.

He shook his head a bit at the comment of Wessex. "Met her a couple of times. She seemed reasonable enough to me, if very much a follower of the Voice." A demigod, powerful and intelligent, he thought himself on friendly enough terms with her to be able to breach this with her. He shrugged. "Worth trying to discuss it anyway - we achieve nothing it was don't try."

He followed the warden to the gate of the field, resting his shovel besides hers. He gave a wave to the farmers on the other side of the field, before turning back to Morgan. "You heading back to Halo?"
CHULANE
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Lay me down
Let the only sound
"Oh, I see. I didn't know Deimos and Kiada were related like that..." Morgan nodded, recently having seen different sides of and learnt new things about the General that had revealed a new side to him - a more human one. She wondered if her own guards felt like that about her sometimes, that she seemed like a wall until they learnt something of her behind the warrior.

Chulane's assessment of Wessex drew a tired, but agreeing, nod and sigh from her. "Maybe it is time to try and extend the hand of diplomacy once more." Morgan agreed, already internally cringing as she thought of the conversation to come.

They approached the road back to the portal and Morgan nodded, whistling for Eunike. "Yes. I'll give you a ride."

{FIN}
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones