if you’re too shy let me know
Sam!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
gravity don't mean that much to me
Honestly, Milo’s more surprised that Sam hasn’t heard a term like that used for children. But regardless, Milo was often compared to reacting much like a dog – a lot of love and attention to give, unfortunately paired with a short and stubborn attention span. Regardless, he remains leaning against the counter, listening as Sam mention’s he’s been living with Zeph, that causes his red brows to lift in surprise. “Yer livin’ with ‘im, huh?” He repeats, head tilting much like a dog as he considers it.

Ah, y’can’t beat the ocean view.” He offers, taking another sip of the tea and flashing a grin to Sam. “I ‘spose this is fine without the rum, too.” He concedes, flashing Sam a wink before setting the cup down along the counter and glancing around the store again. “So… Are ya sleepin’ with him?” He knows Zeph has a tendency of going around, however, something seems to say that maybe these two have a different sort of relationship.

Still, Milo’s blunt, and yet he doesn’t know how else to ask it.
now i'm floating near the atmosphere
no shackles on my feet
MILO
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
"Mhm." Sam answered, not thinking much of it, watching Milo carefully to see if he would drink his tea (and moreso, if he would like it: Sam had noticed that the Torchliners had different tastes than those in the Grounds and was conducting some experiments to learn more). He seemed to be sipping it willingly enough, though the wanting to add rum was an odd addition...Sam wondered if he ought to try it.

He was quite content to sit there while Milo dried off in silence or with pleasant small talk, drinking and looking over his work, then the man had to go and ask him one of the most embarrassing questions he could think of in recent memory. Spluttering on a sip of tea, he shook his head and stared wide eyed at Milo, wondering desperately if he had somehow implied that. "No! No. What makes you think that?! We're friends."

Oh Gods, there weren't rumours, were there? That would surely make everything between him and Zeph worse than it already was.
And I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The tea is nice, especially for how shitty and cold it is outside. At least in here, there’s a warm cup between his hands and a fire at his side, drying off the rain that’s stuck to his skin, plastered to his clothes. He almost feels normal again, especially when his question is met with such shock. The sputtering, the rest of it, wide eyes flitting to Milo’s own. Still, the smuggler smirks behind his cup, lowering it to the table as he leans a bit further on it.

Well, there ain’t much else t’do in Monsoon season.” He begins, as if it was any other explanation needed. “And yer stayin’ at his house. Just sorta pointed that way t’me.” A rise and fall of bronze shoulders as he huffs out a small laugh once again. “Didn’t mean to press a button.” And he hadn’t, not really. Just unable to read the room so much as he was someone that let everything run without a filter.
no shackles on my feet
MILO
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
Happy to see Milo drinking his tea, Sam went back to looking out of the window, where a small patter of rain was hitting against the glass, most of it blocked by the sill above. Still recovering from the embarrassment of Milo's question he drank his own tea desperately, as if hoping it's consumption might somehow move them onto another topic.

"Is that what you've been doing during Monsoon season?" He asked before he could think, finding the statement quite absurd. Longnight had been a time where they had all been stuck inside, and as far as he knew it hadn't been a salacious time of lust. "...I'm staying at his house because we're friends and I needed somewhere to stay. We...don't have anything like that, he wouldn't be interested in someone like me."

Not having meant for his words to come out so sad and revealing, he looked down to his desk, wondering how he had picked up the ability to make any conversation he was in awkward and uncomfortable. Sam supposed he may as well try to rescue it: "What is Longheat like here?"
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
The whip back has Milo’s brows raising, a grin splashing across his face. “Aye, of course it is.” He replies swiftly, grin shifting a bit more crooked as he lets his gaze wash over Sam a moment. Yeah, the map maker doesn’t seem like the type, but Milo has been wrong before. Instead, the grin falters a small amount, moving to take a sip of the tea while Sam speaks, some sort of sorrowful edge to his tone.

Mmm Zeph’s a bit rough ‘round the edges.” He shrugs, because that’s all he really can say about it. Doesn’t know the man or the relationship well enough at all to start making assumptions. As for Longheat, though, gears spin a bit as he lowers the cup again. “Longheat’s warm, gold’n, got the best sunrises ‘n sunsets. Days get longer ‘n the nights shorter.” A bit wistful of it, he flashes a grin back at Sam, shrugging as he takes another sip.
no shackles on my feet
MILO
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
Sam was embarrassed enough to have asked what he did; Milo's clearly amused response and gaze made him positively mortified. "...Oh. Um, I see. I don't even know where I'd start doing things like that." It was true; he'd never really known where people went to do things like find other people or kiss them. Probably parties, he supposed, but for Sam parties were just a form of torture.

At least Longheat was a pleasingly non-embarrassing topic to discuss. "That's almost poetic: are you much of a reader? I used to own a book shop in the Grounds...I used to be in a guild that found new information for research as well." A dark storm passed over Sam's face as he thought of his missing friend and the Atheneum, which was now presumably far emptier. "...I taught someone to read too, once, but...she died."
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
The fact that Sam grows so awkward during this exchange is only fuel to the fire that is Milo’s amusement. He grins, a hum of a laugh slipping from his throat as Sam mentions he doesn’t know where to even go to get those things. “Y’just… Don’t go lookin’. Comes to you, usually. Or chance encounters.” He’s half tempted to add in ‘just like this’ but with the look on Sam’s face, he thinks better of it, and downs the rest of his tea.

Subtly, he slides the cup toward Sam a bit as if to ask for more while he warms up and dries off, listening as the man speaks of books. “I have ‘nuff trouble sittin’ still for long periods a time.” Milo admits, perhaps a bit sheepishly. “I know how’ta read, jus’ don’t do it often.” He’s a go go go type of person, and sitting in one place reading a book seems the exact opposite of what he wants.

Still, Sam dives in the sad tale again, and Milo swallows a bit hard, a bit awkwardly, looking back to the fireplace curiously, even though it holds nothing of interest. “Sorry ‘bout that.” What else was he to say?
no shackles on my feet
MILO
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
"...Maybe if you're handsome or a charming dock worker." Sam replied dryly, managing to not be too embarrassed with this quip, a smile on his face; Milo obviously had to realise his good looks had something to do with it, right? Also, while this was likely not accurate, Sam couldn't help but picture the criminal underbelly of Torchline as somewhere inherently sexy.

He raised his eyebrows as Milo pushed a cup towards him, glancing over towards the stove. "The kettle is closer to you. Feel free." Sam said with a quiet laugh, thinking that once he'd have been too awkward to point that out. "...You know, in Halo they all read out their histories and stories for hours a day in the library. An entirely oral tradition, in a way...perhaps you'd like to hear the stories like that." That was assuming Milo was interested at all, of course.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Oy, is that so?” He questions with a wider grin, shoulders rising and falling in a small shrug as if it’s the first time he’s heard of it. “Guess I won’t complain then.” He feigns some dramatics, an arm waving in the air as if he’s trying to bat away all the compliments before Sam mentions he can pour his own tea, and Milo does. He pours a bit more into his cup and sets it back down, elbows braced atop the countertop.

While he waits for it to cool again, his amber gaze focuses on Sam’s story of Halo, head tilting to the side a small amount. “Maybe.” He considers, briefly, chewing on the inside of his cheek before his gaze finds Sam’s again. “I have a hard time stickin’ around for things. I gotta keep movin’ otherwise I get bored.” He explains, flashing what might be considered an awkward smile in Milo’s case, before taking a sip of his tea and hoping it’s cool enough.
no shackles on my feet
MILO
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
Sam smiled and sipped at his tea, inwardly thinking that it seemed like Milo had little to complain about: good looks, an exciting job, living in the most beautiful place on Caido...with that kind of fortune, he had no idea where he would be right now. Though even with the luck he had had, he was still doing alright at the moment, he supposed.

He nodded along to Milo's little confession, having heard similar things from people before, and a slightly awkward silence fell between them as Sam drank his own tea and stared at the wall, thinking that if he were just a little less himself, he might break the silence with some kind of witty comment, like Zeph might do, or to be self indulgent, some kind of flirt.

Well, why didn't he? Sam supposed he may as well try.

"...You know...if you wanted to...stay warm here more often, I have a few ways to..help you with that." He said awkwardly, pausing to think of what to say far too many times for it to sound fluid, but trying to look confident after anyway, fixing Milo with a stiff smile.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
The last thing Milo expects, is for Sam to take that leap into playful conversation. Everything he’s been experiencing so far seems to suggest someone who would rather die on the spot than be blunt about something like that, given Sam’s overt reaction to Milo questioning whether he and Zeph had slept together. So as soon as the question leaves Sam’s mouth, Milo’s brows are raised high — honeyed eyes focusing on Sam with a playful smirk crossing his face.

Yeah?” Milo asks, bracing both arms on the table now, tea forgotten momentarily while he waits to hear Sam’s comments further. “What sorta ways?” He questions, head tilting, grin remaining. Milo’s pretty sure he knows what Sam means, but there’s some amusement within him at the prospect of seeing if Sam can say it himself.
no shackles on my feet
MILO
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
As soon as Sam saw Milo smile, respond positively to his flailing attempt at seduction, he began to panic internally: he had been prepared for the sting of rejection and disappointment, not this. Was this what normal people could do, bounce back and forth banter and special looks until some unknown time when they agreed it was enough to establish contact?

..Gods, he was so awkward.

"Well..." Sam began, leaning on the counter and forcing himself to look Milo in the eyes. "I don't know if you know this, but Ascended bites...well, they can certainly be, um, quite...warming." He potentially put too much emphasis on the word trying to get his meaning across, but he hoped that might intrigue Milo enough to make it not matter too much.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
He’s got to give Sam credit, half imagining that the other red head would have thought Milo might brush off the suggestion – but it’s too amusing not to dive in and see how far it goes. And when Sam starts to explain, to lean along the counter near him, meeting him eye to eye, he looks into the other man’s blue eyes with a glimmer of intrigue.

He doesn’t know much about Ascended, certainly doesn’t know what those fangs can do. But he gets the implication – he understands what Sam’s trying to get at, and the grin grows a bit wider as his head tilts a bit. “Warm, ya say?” He chimes, moving to stand a bit straighter, lifting the cooled down glass of tea to drink the rest of it, before he slips around the other side of the counter toward Sam, bracing an arm along the counter he was just leaning upon.

Suppose it depends on how long ya want me to stay? Could test the theory.” He makes a show of thinking it over, fingers drumming against the countertop, though his gaze never leaves Sam’s face.
no shackles on my feet
MILO
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
"Mhmm.." Sam was going to say more, slightly opened his mouth to do so, but was cut short when he saw Milo coming closer to the counter; internally he was amazed that this was working, or at least seemed to be, but tried to remind himself to play it cool, only smiling and tilting his head up a little as Milo drew nearer.

He kept Milo's gaze; attraction was odd as an Ascended, once sexual desire had been removed from the equation. Sam found that he still wanted to kiss, to touch, to be touched, but it was more to do about the feeling of being desired than physical sensation...about knowing someone handsome like Milo would be interested in him.

Though of course, with the bite factored in, there was a bit of physical consideration too.

He glanced towards the door. It wasn't like he had a constant flow of customers, and it could easily be locked...hardly able to believe it was happening, he smiled and leaned forward a touch. "You can stay as long as you need to. After all, I wouldn't want to send you back out into the storm." Sam spoke softly, tone gentle, eyes focused on Milo: he considered biting his lip, but decided that was probably too far.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!