Call it what you want
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sam
So please please please, let me get what I want this time
Remi straightened, so Sam almost had to go onto his tip toes to get at his neck. The skin was salty with sweat and blood, but the taste on his tongue...immediately he knew it wasn't going to work. It was like 'eating' by breathing in crumbs. Any benefit he could get from the blood would be too small for something like taking on the Attuned's powers.

He sighed and leaned back, pinching the bridge of his nose as he tried to think through his disappointment and frustration. He couldn't ask Remi to drink again, just couldn't. It was a thing best left to the night before, to memories.

"I don't...think that's enough...t-to transform." Confessing almost as if admitting to a crime, he stared down at the ground. "But...I-I can't drink from you again. It's dangerous, and..." I don't want you to look at me that way again. Desperately, hating everything about this situation, he looked out of the cave and bunched his hands up into fists.

"What if you go without me? I don't...n-need to eat or anything. You could come back."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

As Sam pulled away, a crumpled look on his face, the alchemist didn't need to be an expert in reading body language to know that it hadn't worked. Was it simply not enough? Or was it that it needed to be pumping in order to be effective..? All Remi knew was that there was a method that they both knew would work for sure.

Remi too ran a hand over his eyes and sighed as he leaned back against the cave wall. Could he stand to lose another bit of blood and still have the energy to fly out? Probably. Would it be good for either of them though? Opening his eyes to look at Sam and the frustration and the something else he couldn't quite name pooling on his cheeks and in the corners of his eyes, Remi thought that no, it certainly wouldn't. For his part, he couldn't imagine again being thrust into the throws of such a totality of pleasure that he was helpless to do anything about.

But he'd not leave Sam here.

"We would be in the same situation if I left and came back. Flying up from here is the only way I can think to leave.." Taking a steadying breath, Remi reached out for Sam's shoulder if the man would allow, trying to bring his gaze back towards the alchemist and not the open mouth of the cave. "It is okay Sam." Remi whispered, swallowing down the anxiety and adrenaline that had seemingly formed a ball in the back of his throat. "I might just need a moment after...so maybe wait for me to change this time." His lips curled up a smile at this, though quickly disappeared as he took a shaky breath.

REMI
Traded my soul to free my mind, "can I go back to being blind?"
I ask myself one too many times
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
sam
As Remi touched his shoulder, Sam forced his eyes back onto his face. Permission was given for him to bite again (and the request was almost laughable - of course Sam wouldn't leave until Remi was ready) and for a moment he wrestled with whether or not he should take it. But of course, there wasn't really a choice.

"...A-Alright. But only a very short one." Sam insisted, leaning into the side of Remi's neck that was currently bare, unmarked. He couldn't bring himself to reopen the wound of the last night, even if now Remi would have scars on either side. Quickly, not wanting to drag this out, he sunk his teeth into the skin and began immediately to drink, trying not to focus on how good it tasted.

After only about thirty seconds he pulled back, having drunk enough that he could feel a warm power pulsing in his chest. He took a couple of steps back from Remi, not looking him in the eyes, not daring to see what could be there. "Thank you."

With the act done, he stretched out his arms and tried to transform again. A moment passed where nothing happened and Sam wanted to cry, protest at the Universe - but then he began to sprout feathers and feel himself growing smaller again. He closed his eyes until he was in a different form, then waited for Remi.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

As Sam tilted his head the opposite direction as he had last time, the alchemist tried to steel his mind. It was a bit like being on the edge of orgasm and trying desperately to paddle backwards, only in the moments that stretched from when Sam's lips brushed his neck and his fangs entered, Remi knew that falling over the edge was all but inevitable. Although he wouldn't actually fall, there'd be no actual release for him, just a bittersweet eruption of bliss that he was helpless to do anything about.

Instead of grabbing onto Sam and pulling him closer as he had done before, instead Remi gripped the wall of the cave, his hands turning into claws as his body screamed out for the ascended. As Sam pulled back and the wave of pleasure left him feeling cold and hollow, Remi turned away, burying his face against the stone of the wall as his hands—now lion's paws—dragged his nails down the side of the rocks. Through grit teeth the alchemist exhaled a shaky breath, once again forced to resist the urge to pin Sam against something and force his teeth back against Remi's skin and to put an end to this climax that had been building and building now. Instead he panted through it, eventually his hands returning to normal to gently flatten themselves against the stone with a weary sigh.

Turning around, having missed Sam's attempts at transformation, he spied his own duplicate starring up at him. "There are not many thermals to be had, not when it is this cold, but you will know one when you feel it. It will help your ascent. If you have to flap your way up your wings will tire very quickly. Let yourself glide in circles, angling upwards as much as you can." Instructions given and with nearly all the light gone from the alchemist's pale gaze, the man shrunk immediately down, his wings fanned gently from his sides.

Through the telepathic link, Remi offered Sam a reassuring smile and nodded. I am here, he whispered through their link. You can do this. Hopping a few feet towards the entrance, Remi spread his wings and then beat them several times to achieve lift, before gliding lazily and slowly forwards, waiting for Sam to follow.

REMI
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
sam
Sam watched, frightened, as Remi's hands turned to paws then back again; did he really have this much of an effect on the other man? Could he really do this to somebody? It felt so at odds with everything he knew about himself, with how he usually tried to be. Hot passion was something completely removed from his life.

The flying instructions were simple enough, but Sam didn't know if they were easy. He had never tried this before and was almost certain he was going to mess it up. But there was no other way to go.

Thank you. I'll try my best. He promised, before running forward behind Remi then taking off, trying to copy the gliding and not flap his wings too much (though at first there was a manic moment where he forgot to stop). He managed to catch a wind and soar up several feet, the cave entrance now beneath him. Sam tried not to panic at the sight of the ground getting further and further away.

I think...I think I've got it. Maybe. He told Remi as he turned the gliding into soaring upwards, having a few close calls with the walls of the gorge but moving generally upwards. This is...this is sort of fun!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi circled gently, his amber gaze fixed on the pale speck of hawk below him. The alchemist had never taught anyone how to fly before, and for a moment he thought that perhaps the instinctual response from the hawk would not kick in and Sam would fall. He was quite certain he'd go mad if Sam had to drink from him again. The feeling of unfettered but completely baseless want was simply too much for the poor alchemist, and though he'd never be able to say no—never withhold what Sam needed—there was no way his mind could make it through.

With a sigh of relief, Remi watched the man below gain altitude, a surge of pride and happy approval invading Sam's mind through the telepathic bond they now shared. It is truly an indescribably feeling, for anyone who has not felt it. So...free.

Pulling his wings to his sides, Remi dropped several feet before pulling up quickly, rocketing his body higher skywards with a sharp trill of joy. He really ought to rest given all that had happened, but flying was second nature to him now and in this body, it did not require much energy.

Would you like to try flying all the way back? We can always land if it becomes too much for you? Remi asked with a gentle curiosity. He of course didn't want to force Sam to do anything he didn't want to, but if the man was enjoying himself and they were above solid land once again, it didn't seem too dangerous. After all, Sam had already proved he could suffer quite a fall without taking any damage.

REMI
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
sam
I didn't think it would be so easy. Sam wasn't sure if Remi's ability had come across the blood as well as the form, but he seemed to easily be able to rise up and out with him, following the other bird with something close to grace; he even attempted a loop and didn't die.

Remi asked if he wanted to fly home. Up until the question he had not considered it, but Sam immediately knew the answer. Yes.

And so they went - soaring over trees and snow covered paths, until finally the settlement was in view. From this height, he could see the spire as well, rising in the centre. He had never been sure how to feel about the structure. Sam had heard tales of demons and monsters which had sufficiently kept him well away from it. He pulled his eyes away from it as he saw his own home coming in beneath.

This is my house. I'm going to go now. Um...goodbye. An awkward goodbye, especially telepathically, but Sam had never been good at ending things. Especially not something so odd as all of this. He dipped down using the same way he had seen Remi do, taking in his wings, and transformed back to himself just behind his home where no one could see.

The landing was a little rough - Sam slid over ground and hit his knee in a way that would have hurt if he'd been anyone else, but he was in one piece. Quickly he picked himself up and went into his home to spend a long night over a cup of tea with his thoughts.

Fin~