the final petal wished upon
Old Gods
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
EVIE
She arrives in a flurry of stomping feet and tousled, windswept fiery hair. Blue eyes blaze like the hottest part of a flame, hands clenching and unclenching rhythmically. The Evergreen is more firestorm than woman as she approaches the Shrine at a purposeful march. She comes alone. Bearing nothing but her turbulent thoughts and one last, outlying bit of hope. This isn’t her first stop. No, she had retreated instead to her apothecary after the disastrous family dinner they’d had. Destroyed half the pots and plants, screaming and crying up a storm in the privacy of the only home she’d ever known. Then, stepping over the debris and destruction through her doorway, she’d come straight here.

”One more time!” she cries to the heavens as the light of the lantern finally washes upon her skin. Arms extend in a helpless, expectant gesture. ”One more damned try!” Or so it feels. Evie knows realistically that she will swallow her burning pride if her people need her to do this once more. But on a private, personal level? This may just be the breaking point for Evie Wordsworth’s shattered faith. ”Please, I’ve done nothing wrong! I didn’t choose to be born like this! I need answers! It cracks and dissolves into a choked noise of grief that she can’t conceal, though it does nothing to dim the anger etching deep lines into her freckled face.
Don't look up, just let them think
There's no place else you'd rather be
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

There is a rule that is well known by those within the Hollowed Grounds. Within all of Caido, in fact. It goes like this:

Don’t forget to bring an offering to the shrine.

Some gods care less than others about this tradition. One, in particular, is a stickler for it.

Congratulations, Evie. You have garnered its attention.

All light winks from the shrine, except for that of the lantern. Beyond or behind it - it’s not all that clear - something stirs and moves, a writhing of cloth, a wink of a mask.

”Then cease your screaming, and ask a question,” Ludo says softly.

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
EVIE
Ah, fuck. Of course, the last time Evie tries, she gets Ludo. Not that Evie was raised to discriminate against any of the Gods mind you, but she's well aware that this one likes games; both good and bad. Still, nothing can stop the trainwreck of desperation the Evergreen has become, and she closes her eyes as all the lights go out except one. Her soul flickers in turn, fighting between wanting to continue her screaming and wanting to cling to this singular, impossible moment where she is finally seen.

"What did I do to deserve your silence all these years? I didn't ask to be born Abandoned. I worshiped you, all of you, every single day. I prayed, I gave gifts, I concealed my very being away to try and distance myself from the magic I never wanted." There is an old desperation in her eyes, swelling upward like a taint of magma that has been scorching her soul. What little she can parse of the God in the darkness, it is given her full attention even as she sinks helplessly to her knees. Down to the earth, which has held her up and supported her, which has given itself to her magic. The only friend she knows, here, when clearly she is still disliked by the deity which has finally deigned to visit her. "I would have given anything to be loved by you. I refused The Voice, even when she had her fingers in my brother's heart. Please, Ludo. What must I do to belong somewhere?" To belong to you? But perhaps Evie is too burned to ask that aloud, now. Terrified to admit that maybe she's too far gone.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

”You speak as if you are the only person to have received naught but silence at a shrine,” Ludo mutters, its voice seeming to flutter from all around, though the twitching rags still condense, for now, behind the light of the lantern. ”As if you are owed a response. Owed answers.”

There’s a child’s laughter - or is it the sound of a baby crying? - and suddenly the porcelain mask peeps over her shoulder, rags draped all around Evie like they might squeeze the life out of her at any moment.

”You seek your missing pieces in gods, in titles,” it whispers to her. ”When what you ought do is look within yourself. There is enough there that is missing, I have no doubt.”

LUDO

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIE
”How is the fact that I’m not the only one not a further reason for my anger?” Her tone wars between a pleading sort of desperation and the boiling undertone of abandonment and grief. ”We aren’t owed your presence. But your favoritism is only going to lead to more Abandoned going directly to your enemy. Why ignore us? I’m not asking for gifts or blessings just...just to have my faith returned.” The encroaching rags may feel constricting, suffocating, but Evie merely stands limp amongst them. Her iconic temper suppressed beneath years of having respect for silent gods beaten into her.

Though a sardonic laugh leaves her chapped lips at Ludo’s response. ”And why shouldn’t I seek it? When you are so revered, so integral to living in this land? Is it not natural then to seek you out?” The soft crooning whisper can’t reveal that which she already knows. Evie knows intimately how much she’s missing inside. She has faced that demon too regularly for Ludo to use it against her. ”But I cannot change my cursed blood. I cannot even ask to Attune if nobody answers. You are Mort’s herald...do you understand that depth of loneliness? Of separation? Even now,” her breath rattles and heaves with emotion, tilting her head towards the porcelain mask, ”even now as you mock me, there’s a part of me that rejoices. That you are here at all.”
Spooky Rags

Change author:

”Congratulations, then - I am here, and your faith is restored.” A rag snakes out to pat her red hair, like that should be enough to placate her. But has Ludo really appeared to soothe her conscience? Or has it appeared precisely because she has not showed respect this time, by appearing without so much as a sniff of an offering? That strange laugh-cry echoes around the shrine again, Ludo fluttering away to hover, once more, by the lantern.

”Bold of you to assume that the Voice is more likely to tolerate the presence of an Abandoned,” it croons. ”Do you know that some of the most devout Accepted never receive a god’s voice in their ear? What makes you so special? So worthy? Tell me, please. I am dying to hear it.”

LUDO