here we go, bluebird
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
this pair of wings worn and rusted from too many years by my side
"It's... inside you?" Amalia repeats carefully, slowly, her confusion only deepening. "What's inside you, Loren? Where- where's the metal from the climb?" There's no way it's actually inside him... is there? Her own stomach churns and flips at the thought.

She's reaching for him when the magic lashes out, a chill pervading the hot room and making her hair stand on end. Immediately she feels her own sweat crystallize painfully on her skin, and the canteen grows cold between her fingers, condensation forming on its exterior at once.

"Loren!" Amalia exclaims, dropping the frozen canteen on her foot as she lunges forward to grab his arms, to keep him from mauling himself further. "Stop that! Loren! Look at me!"
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Frowning, Loren's brow furrowed. However, when Amalia brought up the metal his expression smoothed and he smiled. "That. They said that the metal was inside me and that I should put it back. But they didn't know where it was from" He leaned forward a little and winked at her. "I put it somewhere safe for now." Attempting to tap his nose, he missed and poked himself in the forehead instead.

Then he sighed. "We could go ask them to clarify. But they don't like to answer my questions. Told me not to worry about what I was becoming." He reached up to try and pat the Shield's cheek.

As he struggled with the ice on his body, Astra began to bleat at his actions. Trotting forward, the luxere grabbed one of the healer's sleeves to try and pull his hand away. However, the demi-goddess was far stronger than the Firebrand even when he wasn't sick. Letting her grab him, he lifted his head. Arms scored with cuts that bled sluggishly in the cold, he met her gaze.

Even as he did, though, he moaned. "No water." His magic pulsed out again and all the ice in the room shot away from him, especially from his skin. Feet scrabbling against the ground, he tried to press himself further into the corner he'd wedged himself into.
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
He stops for a moment, meeting her eyes with his own tired blue ones, his blood running slowly onto her hands. Later she will be disturbed by this, but for now she is satisfied simply to have him listening this much. "Okay. Loren, listen, I'm going to help you. But for that I need you to-"

Before she can finish he's acting again, pushing out with his magic and voice. This time the sweat flies from him and out, including a Amalia. Like bullets they slice and sting her skin, but none of that is as bad as the canteen which slams into her abdomen, wrenching the air from her lungs.

A grimace warps Amalia's face at the sudden wall of pain, but she keeps her grip on Loren's forearms, tightening the wrap of her fingers around his wounded skin. "Vi's beard, Loren," the Shield hisses, aggravation making her voice shake. She has one last play in mind before she gives up and forces it down his throat. "Look. The water - it's special. Hot. Like lava, because Tanau gave it to us. Doesn't that sound good? Drinking some lava?"
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Still in the corner, Loren cocked his head to one side. "Help me with what?" However, as the water slammed into Amalia's gut and the ice sliced her skin he winced. "Sorry! Sorry, sorry, sorry!" His hands shifted back to normal.

Touching her as he was, healing magic swept over them both. The sky blue light flashed, sealing both of their cuts and soothing her abdomen. Once it was done he sagged a bit.

Staring at her, his eyes widened. Drawing Astra back into his lap, his gaze fixed upon the canteen. Licking his lips, he hesitated for just a moment.

Then he shook his head. "No. I said no water." His mouth twisted in a grimace. However, his brow furrowed. "But...I can drink some lava when I visit the Climb?"
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
It's becoming clear that convincing him to drink the water is a dead end, but Amalia has to keep on trying - the alternative isn't something she's keen on attempting. She closes her eyes, muttering a prayer to Vi under her breath before exhaling sharply and calling for both Jyoti and Astra to help. The starwhale obliges with a burst of starlight, soothing her soulmate's frazzled nerves. The healing helps, too, the scrapes and bruises fading from her body in the wave of sky-blue light.

Loosening her grip on his arms slightly, Amalia relaxes her clenched jaw, her dark eyes tired but resolute. "How about a deal, Loren?" Slowly she reaches for the canteen, now on the floor between them. "You drink this, and we can go to the Climb. We can swim in the lava or whatever you like. But you have to drink this water first."
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Jyoti's light washed over the room, Loren beamed up at the starwhale. However, his smile slipped away as Amalia offered her bargain. Considering it for a moment, he chewed his lower lip.

Then he narrowed his eyes and shook his head. Pointing at the canteen, he scowled. "Why do I need to drink the water to go to the Climb? I can go there without water!" At that, he shifted Astra out of his lap. She bleated and backed up, glancing at the Shield of Safrin.

Ignoring his companion, the healer placed both hands on the ground. Trying to lever himself to his feet he failed on his first few attempts. Trapped in the corner by his own body and the baker's arms, he shifted to try and crawl past her instead.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Mort's mercy, she hadn't been nearly this aggravating when she was sick.

"Fine. Fine." Tired, worn down, traumatized and sore, Amalia's patience finally snaps like the string of a violin. Releasing Loren with an impatient snarl the Shield rises abruptly to her feet, snatching up the canteen as she does. She doesn't have the time or energy to keep fighting against him; let him stay sick, the girl thinks bitterly, jaw clenched tight enough to creak.

The canteen tucked into her belt, Amalia steps back from the now-crawling firebrand, aggravation written clearly on her face. "Look, Loren- I'm not going to fight you. You don't want to feel better? Fine. I'll come back in a couple days when you're ready to cooperate. Astra, don't let him kill himself." Turning, she makes her way toward the door, preparing to leave with the water in tow.
the Firebrand

Change author:
At Amalia's exasperated response and her snarl, Loren shrank back. Curling into himself a bit, he stared at the ground. "I'm s-sorry," he stammered. "I'm, I'm trying to make things right." Sighing, he hugged his knees to his chest.

Not looking up for the rest of what the Shield said, his head shot up at her command to Astra. "I don't do that!" Trying to scramble to his feet, he sagged against a wall and pulled himself forward a bit. "I don't. Please. You have to know I don't do that."

At that point, the luxere planted himself in her path. Sobbing, though no tears fell from his eyes, he collapsed to his knees and pulled her in tight to his chest. She wriggled a bit until he loosened his grip. Burying his face in her fur, he didn't know how long he stayed there. Eventually, though, he returned to his spot by the fire, exhaustion etched onto his features.

-FIN
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!