take a chance
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Morgan stiffened as Neron actually made a comment on her hair, then relaxed, a faint smile on her mouth that she didn't say anything on. She'd often found it difficult to make her hair look good, never having been one for adorning herself or glamorising; that sort of thing was for women that had the time, and she did not.

"And yet, it still traps you." She observed, not thinking the Voice much different to his old family. While Morgan's views on the Ascended as a whole had softened, her thoughts on their Goddess had only soured (though given how she felt about the Old Gods too, this was rather predictable).

Of course, Neron wasn't about to let her just go to sleep and forget what she was about to say. Morgan sighed, feeling heat crawl up onto her cheeks; thankfully it was dark (and she did not know Neron could see in it). "Fine. I was going to say, do you think you will miss the benefits of being with a partner, in the future? Of being able to have children, to pass on your lineage? Or..just...ah.." Making absolutely sure she was not in any way making contact with him, pulling her arms up onto her chest, she continued: "..just touch, in of itself?"
And if they start to fade, I will keep you safe
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
neron
”And yet it still traps me,” Neron agrees - he can’t help but concede that point. Maybe he’s the sort of person who can’t help being trapped. Some are like that, and there have to be those out there who are born to take advantage of it. Maybe, deep down, this is just his lot in life. It’s an easier burden to bear some days than it is others. Rubbing at his eyes, he’s surprised that Morgan actually deigns to answer him at all, glancing across at her through the darkness.

Noticing the blush but knowing better than to comment on it, he raises his eyebrows to hear the seriousness of her questions. ”...Children, or at least the idea of them, have brought me no end of trouble so far,” he remarks jokingly. ”...As for the rest...” He sighs, rolling his shoulders in a shrug. ”I have been told there is a room, in the Hollowed Grounds. One blessed by Frey themselves. It restores feeling to an Ascended when they step through its threshold. And... well, it’s Frey. I’ve been told that it can make quite the party trick happen.” If she catches his drift.
lay your hand on me, one last time

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
As much as she resented being made to ask her question when it delved into such potentially embarrassing territory, Morgan was interested to hear the answer. Given Neron's family history (and present), she honestly thought it might be fortunate that he wasn't planning on children, as harsh as that was: maybe it was best to let the trouble end with his generation. Still, if Neron did want to continue his line at some point and couldn't...she understood the pain it could bring.

"..Oh. I...I see." There really wasn't much else she could say to the revealing of Frey's room. Privately, she thought having to go to one particular place every time one wanted to have sex seemed like a hassle, but that was Neron's concern, not hers, and certainly not something she was going to ask about. After a moment, as silence settled in, she decided to sleep before the mix of tired- and tipsy-ness made her say anything else she might regret.

If the boxes and cloak were big enough, she would have turned away from him, but as it was she just tried to be sure they were not touching. "..Well. I am going to try and get some rest, if I can on this... 'bed'. Goodnight, Neron."
And if they start to fade, I will keep you safe
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
neron
Honestly, Neron had expected at least a little snark from Morgan in retaliation for his mentioning tHe SeX rOoM, and he raises and eyebrow across at her, unused to quite so much awkwardness. Still, the silence stretches out and eventually she settles down to sleep, and the Hailstorm figures that this game of share-personal-truths is put on pause. Because it’s never over, really, not since that day in the Hollowed Grounds.

”Goodnight, Morgan,” he murmurs softly, turning his gaze on the ceiling to watch the invisible shadows that play over the rafters; shadows only visible to those who can penetrate the darkness. And once he’s sure she’s asleep, perhaps he steals a glance or two at her sleep blank face, at the power contained so effortlessly in a body he knows to feel more than she lets on.

Perhaps he smiles.

~FIN
lay your hand on me, one last time

Coding base by Sky!