spinning but the needle's stuck
Saffy <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
// and if i was the only thing you couldn't bear to lose,
i'd set fire to the wood, just so you wouldn't have to bury me too //
The nightmares were getting worse lately. It was as if the lightning had sparked long suppressed memories, ones that Sunjata had choked so far down that he hoped to have never seen them again. It seemed the lightning had other plans. Physically? He was healing well, felt fine, check-ups with both Nate and Vai doing well to keep him on track. But it isn’t the physical healing that he’s struggling with – no, mentally, Sunjata’s a mess.

And what does the Flood do each time he reaches that unstable mentality? He goes and sits by the shrine, talking mindlessly to Safrin whether she hears it or not – though part of him is sure she does, even when she doesn’t show.

This time, he’s not sure which he hopes for more, to look upon her and be able to explain the injustices that were committed in his upbringing with the hope of validation? Or his own internal choices of knowing how he’d been wronged, how he strives and yearns to consistently be better.

He sets a bouquet of purple flowers along the shrine, before sitting along the windowsill he’d last seen her, staring out into the wind whipped seas below, a dusting of navy feathers drifting down his neck and shoulders. “I’m not sure how to make them go away.” He begins, as if she’s there, listening, as he has many times before. “It hasn’t been this bad since I was eighteen?” A huff leaves him, a shake of his head, his left hand reaching up to rub at the lightning scars to his arm. “All that shit I experienced in Korofi just keeps coming back, sometimes it’s Luci, sometimes it’s Nate or Hotaru, sometimes it’s me.” His brows furrow, watching a few rogue Hels fight against the winds with a tired sigh.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
"There is...something different about you." Safrin stands in the corner, as far away from the Flood as it is possible to be in this chamber. Her eyes are dark and narrowed, shadows clinging lithely around her as points of starlight flicker and wane. "And I don't just mean the nightmares." She clarifies.

They might be the reasons that he's come to see her, the things currently on her mind, but she cannot unsee what she senses burning all around him. Silent for a moment the goddess holds up her hand where a ball of white fire suddenly blooms. "What have you done?" She whispers. "Where have you been?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Her voice is always a balm, but he keeps his gaze on the waves outside, able to tell by the sound of her voice that she’s not standing beside him. It’s with tired eyes that he does finally look back at her, a sudden shift in her appearance that has his brows furrowing slightly. Yes, there was something different about him. He’d been struck by lightning and was slowly fracturing, feverish and growing more and more exhausted as time went on, unable to sleep.

There’s something in her hand then, his gaze focusing on it, not seeing the starlight for what it is. No, instead, Sunjata finds that he sees what looks like a flower blooming in her hand, one of surprising beauty before it begins to drip red with blood. “What have I done?” He repeats, unsure what she means. “I got struck by lightning, that’s what I’ve done.” He tilts his head at her a brief moment, still thinking it’s a flower in her hand, and he stands — taking a step toward her to close the distance. “I haven’t gone anywhere. I’ve been here making sure Nate’s safe, just as you suggested.” He says, forgetting his trip to the Grounds just a few days before now, frustration evident with the sudden holes in his memory that he’s blamed on the lightning.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
"Lightning.." The word is said with a good amount of skepticism, Safrin watching the way the Flood's gaze falls upon her. He sees, but not what's in front of him. The goddess's form wavers and she takes a step back from him.  

"Then it is the lightning that has tainted you.." Another step from him, her dark eyes scanning the lines of his face, reading the dark spiderweb of his thoughts as it is blown haphazardly in a heinous wind.

Blood from the flowers she doesn't hold drips onto the floor, the steady pat pat pat of it like water torture on the mind. The beat never-ending, never changing its rhythm but always threatening to.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She steps back from him. He’s not sure what hurts more – the lingering pain from the sickness racking through his body that he’s attributed to the lightning and sea panther attack, or the fact that she remains far out of reach.

His gaze drops to the flower in her hand, the white petals melding and molting into vibrant red, dripping and dripping and dripping in a sound that sounds mundane and dull until it shifts to something like a clock. Tick. Tock.

He doesn’t advance closer to her, he swallows hard, trying to drown out the ticking that sounds like it might be a count down. “Must I atone?” He asks through a suddenly parched throat, stepping back to give her the space she so desperately requires when he wants nothing more to embrace her warmth – to heat up the bones that feel so cold inside. “I can fix this.” ‘I want to hold you.’ He begins to see that he can't do either.

He doesn’t realize he’s been staring at the bloom in her hands, but he tears his gaze from it eventually, staring back out over the seas whipping up with the winds outside.
SUNJATA

Change author:
Safrin
"To atone you must first know your sins..." Safrin says slowly, her eyes narrowed upon Sunjata's downturned face. Her fingers twist the flower in her hands that the blood he sees might dance in prismatic arcs as it falls to the ground.

"Where would you start?" She asks of atonement, of fixing this. Limited as her knowledge is, especially at this point, it seems entirely plausible to her that whatever lightning he's mentioned is truly the cause. "Have you angered Frey, recently?" Sexual and open as Sunjata is with an upcoming wedding which breaks customary norms, the goddess would find it strange to think her counterpart would have taken offence with something he's done. But...a sickness from a storm? Who else could be to blame?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She's right. Of course she is. She always is. And he doesn’t know, has no idea what he’s done to deserve this, but the more he stands there and watches the petals and the blood begin to blossom into flickering lights, the more he feels like something is wrong. He’s warm and cold at the same time, feeling the fever as it begins to boil in his blood, his gaze lifting to find her face again as he mulls over her question.

I don’t… I don’t think so.” His jaw clenches as he tries to think of what he could have done. “The sea panther showed up… I got encantados to make a storm and I asked Deimos to make a lightning rod to throw at it. But he… Handed it to me as I called down the storm.” He recalls, though the memory is fuzzy, blurry in parts. “Ludo was there briefly. No Frey. Unless…

A hand raises to rub along his stubbled jaw, both focusing on Safrin and looking through her. “Maybe they were upset we fought the panther or I used the encantados?” And then his stomach begins to sink a bit more, wondering if it’s his engagement to an Ascended with a convenient excuse to blame it on the lightning.
SUNJATA

Change author:
Safrin
Ludo.

A trick then? A disease for those she holds dear to her? Safrin's eyes narrow, dangerous intentions writ bright on her features. "No...they'd not be worried about that.." She replies tersely, already thinking through the ramifications.

If this was Ludo...her jaw clenches.

"I suppose this means another delay on your wedding, mmm?" She purrs sweetly, trying to focus her attention back on the man before her, and not the starfire she'll rain down upon Ludo if she finds that it's the cause of any of this.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It even seems like it’s not rational to Sunjata the moment it slips from his lips – that Frey would have taken upset to that when it had endangered more to let the Sea Panther stay. Even still, he was attuned, he had been blessed with the ability to help control and form ideas into the wildlife around him. So why…

That is the question.

And Safrin confirms it, as Sunjata tilts his head back to her, watching the flowers once again. A delay for the wedding, then, something that’s been delayed after delayed, something that he had surprisingly looked forward to time and time again. But yes, a delay. As much as he hates to admit it. “I guess so.” He offers quietly, brows pulling together as he considers it.

Then, a spark of clarity, of realization as he slips back into himself for the briefest of moments. “Safrin…? Should I be worried about the Order?” Because his fears have danced between the Fae and the Order now, of all the things he doesn’t know and wishes to protect.
SUNJATA

Change author:
Safrin
"Or perhaps sooner, just in case..." The words slip from her lips before she's had time to properly think about what they might mean to the man before her. Flicking her gaze up, rather than apologizing she merely watches his reaction. Is it better to die married, but mad? Or to hold out hope for a more rational and memorable wedding?

"Worried? No. As an attuned they're likely to recruit you...though they'll not approve of Nate or Hotaru." Her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. "They are...unwavering in their beliefs about the world. Ascended and abandoned are not tolerated in their hierarchy. Abandoned can't even enter their city." She adds. "What makes you ask about them?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Or perhaps sooner, just in case.” It takes a moment for it to register what the ‘just in case’ is, and when it does his gaze snaps back out toward the sea, a pit in his throat growing wider, yawning bigger regardless of how hard he tries to swallow it down. But Sunjata, ever the one that doesn’t want his lovers to worry, decides to try and keep it a secret. It’s easier that way. It keeps everything simple, no pity, no nothing but the status quo. “We were hoping for mid Longheat, now. Who knows.” Though it’s evident the thought has him deflating. “We’ve waited this long.” And really, he hadn’t imagined the idea of getting married again until he’d found Nate, until after Maea.

Absentmindedly, he focuses on the scar crossing his hand, hating so vividly within him that the only marriage he’d had was with Phoebe. He’s only distracted by his question of the Order, of whether the pit of despair in his gut is valid.

There’s a slow nod granted to the comment of Nate and Hotaru. He knows why, deep down, having heard much of the same. But would they attack? Would he be forced to choose between it? “Phoebe… I think, told me they’re talking to those who are demi gods or will become them. And with the Fae and their war on the Ascended, I’m worried…” He swallows down hard again and finally looks at her. “If there’s a war between the Voice and the Old Gods with Fae and Order, because of Nate, I don’t think I want to choose.” It comes out quietly, the most honest about it all he’s been with Safrin, his sickness taking over his ability to hold his tongue. “Is there anything I can do to help him?” To help Nate get away from it, to ensure he doesn’t have to lose yet another piece of his fractured heart.
SUNJATA

Change author:
Safrin
'Who knows.' Safrin echoes, though if what the Flood has said thus far is a good indication of who is behind all of this, perhaps the goddess can answer that question for herself. And if she can, then she can hold it accountable.

Looking down at her hands, as if this conversation is more casual thank high-stakes, Safrin merely frowns. "A war is coming. If our side is successful the ascended...they will not be as they are now. They will be gone entirely, or...changed, fundamentally." What that means even she doesn't know. But it's clear that they cannot be allowed to remain as they are, tethered to the Voice and in violation of all of Rae's plans for the world.

'You might be able to hide him for a time, but not forever.' She replies sombrely.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He mulls it over but his stomach flip flops within him at the mention of a war. His gaze drifts from her then, staring at the interior of the lighthouse, torn between wanting to keep his gaze on her and refraining so she doesn’t have to see the internal war. “I should have got to him before Sam.” He mumbles, a thing that had occurred in the past unable to fix or change now. But he can’t fathom the idea of Nate being gone. He can’t compute it, can’t imagine it.

I think… He’d like to be changed. Back to as normal as he can be.” His brows furrow before he shakes his head. It doesn’t matter much, does it? Not when Safrin had said ‘just in case’. What if he’s not around for it anyway?

He takes a deep breath then, something in his chest rattling with it. “Thank you for the warning.” He replies in his own somber tone, worry evident in the way his voice wobbles. He doesn’t know what else to ask, what else he can do in this sorry and sick state he’s in other than to mull it over and either get worse or better. So he shifts, sitting on the window sill, to the shift she’s given him first with wings of navy blue.

Casting one last glance to Safrin, a pulse of appreciation and love, even if the topics were hard, he slips out the window of the lighthouse and spreads his wings wide, banking on a gust of wind to head home.

- FIN <3
SUNJATA