Try a little Tenderness [Open]
Open Thread
Olavi Heskin
Bodyguard

Age: 41 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
If you wanna know the truth about the truth, it's a scam
While the rest of Caido rolled in it's ever-happening turmoil, Olavi's life was at an almost disappointingly slow lull. He and Nerissa's deals were going well, the Underwater City was enjoying a period of peace and Torchline's natural disasters had almost entirely effected those above the surface. For the Mers, life was bland.

Routine and observation was his whole life, his career, and Olavi was good at it...but in the last seasons, he'd seen in himself that he'd begun to grow bored. Bored of always being in the background, the silent threat with nothing of his own to say. He'd begun to wonder if he'd wasted some of his chances to explore, to do more for himself: not that he wanted to stop helping Nerissa (he loved her too much to ever do that), but Olavi had begun to crave being the main character in his own life, instead of someone else's second.

With that in mind, he'd been setting out on his own trips more. The canals afforded the Mers more chances to explore and see the human world, and while he'd never been that interested...it was still a new sight. Setting off in the early morning, he was in the city by the time the sun was rising, leaning over the edge of the canal looking into the street. As people passed, he tried to the the attention of those that looked particularly nice (ie potentially easy to con): "C'mere. I got a favour to ask."
OLAVI
Base Code by Sky!
Vega Echevarría
Inn Keeper

Age: 39 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
Vega
I'll endure the night
For the promise of light
I haven't had much time  to be outside of the Inn since the portals opening, and it has been a long year. Today, however, I pulled myself away from the demands of the inn guests to take a leisurely stroll through the streets I grew up on. Every curve, every turn, every crack in the wood and stone was familiar. It was the faces, as I looked left and right and straight ahead, that were all strange. I moved with ease and power despite the unfamiliar people crowding my home. Around me, people bustled and bumped and gave no apology -- but there were no strangers bumping against my shoulders. The way I walked made sure of that, the air of pride and poise I carried forward with enough to carve a path through the bodies.

Something, though not someone, familiar grabbed my attention. A mer emerged, beckoning over any innocent, easily-manipulated outlander that would give him the time of day. I couldn't help but smirk a little as he piqued my interest. I stood, leaning against firm stone for a while. I watched to see who would catch the bait of the legless, and crossed my arms against my chest.

Olavi

I want to lift my hands towards the sun
Show me warmth
Olavi Heskin
Bodyguard

Age: 41 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It seemed he wasn't having the best luck getting anyone's attention: People walked past, all apparently having gotten smart enough to not come at the call of a smirking, suspicious-looking Mer. Olavi was about to give up and go back to sea, find a seal to bully in his shark form for the afternoon, when he felt the familiar sensation of eyes on him.

Looking up and around, he caught the gaze of a woman watching him; he recognised her, though he wouldn't be able to put a name to her face. While it seemed unlikely she'd be one for his tricks (a Natural smart enough to stand back probably wasn't fool enough), he couldn't help but be curious as to why she was giving him quite such an intense look. "Hey!" He called, gesturing right at her. "Don't be shy. If you're lookin', you may as well be comin'."
OLAVI
Base Code by Sky!
Vega Echevarría
Inn Keeper

Age: 39 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
Vega
I'll endure the night
For the promise of light
The mer was left with nothing. No one fell victim to his taunts, to his enticing. Even with his strong jaw and firm body, he was no siren today, it seemed. My smirk didn't leave my face, even as he finally looked my way and caught me watching. My eyes narrowed some, though, as he gestured and yelled toward me. I didn't like to be told what to do, as a general rule, but perhaps this interaction would come up with something interesting for me.

I usually didn't associate with merfolk, either, as a general rule. However, I moved off of the stone I perched against and strode toward him anyway. My posture never changed, and I lifted my chin slightly.

"You're so bored that you have to taunt the people up here? What a disgrace to the ocean." I spoke easily, the tone in which my voice carried to him sparking with jest -- but also a bit of disdain. If I had the entire ocean to roam, you would never catch me on shore again--or near it.

I want to lift my hands towards the sun
Show me warmth
Olavi Heskin
Bodyguard

Change author:
Olavi could tell as Vega headed towards him that she wasn't exactly impressed, but his easy smile never stopped; he'd never been afraid of a grumpy face or a harsh comment, after all, and that was the worst she could give him. He leaned against the edge of the canal, watching her approach with the most confident face one could give while being level with most peoples feet.

"You're so bored you have to watch me taunt people up here?" He asked back, smirking and raising an eyebrow, not really bothered by her human opinions on what he was doing. The ocean's reputation would be fine regardless of whatever he did and frankly, he wouldn't care that much if it did all depend on him. "So, since you're over here...you got a name? Anything you'd like to ask me about the ocean you're so concerned for?" Always good to give them a bit of conversation, and the humans always liked to ask about the depths.
OLAVI
Base Code by Sky!