Site Wide Event break the mirage

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
With the rains of Flowerbirth gone, LongHeat is traditionally a time of light throughout Caido. But all is not well, as the clouds clear and the sun shines. Temperatures are rising, not only in the atmosphere… and it’s about to reach fever pitch.

The following characters will find themselves feeling very under the weather this season:

Samuel
Hotaru
Deimos
Mara
Loren
Oliver
Amalia
Phoebe
Bastien
Wessex
Finn
Sunjata
Neron
Remi
Amun
Nate

Your symptoms include the following:

A high fever
Audiovisual hallucinations
Delirium
Extreme thirst (for Ascended, yes, it means that kind of thirst)
An urge to seek out heat and fire, even if this is detrimental to you
A sensitivity and dislike to water

A caveat for those who have been here for some time! This is not like the Blight plot. This is a mystery to solve. It can be cured, and we expect you to do it lmao.

Whilst the illness will not kill your characters (unless you want it to), please feel free to play it IC as seriously as you would like. What we will say is that your character’s END stat will determine how quickly they bounce back from this once cured, so if it’s on the lower scale, expect to walk away with some lingering effects.

Welcome to the LongHeat seasonal event! It will last from September 1 - October 31.

All requirements must be met to complete the event. Multiple characters can participate, but the threads do not carry across! (I.E. Both characters must complete all threads to gain +2 stats each).

Please include {SEASONAL EVENT} or {SE} somewhere in your thread title, especially if you make an open thread!

Please complete the following requirements:

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues
- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored)
- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone
- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures
- Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars

Part 2 requirements!

- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! OR if your character accepts the cure from the Voice, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for her!
- Attend the admin-run SWE. IF you're accepting the cure from the Voice, it's: {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe. If you're waiting on Tanau, it's {SWE} through the arch
longheat
glitter is my love language
wacky waving inflatable arm man

Age: -2 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: 0 - Int:
Mocha - Mythical - Lovable demon cockatiel
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren has completed all his seasonal requirements:

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues
(SE) one wrong turn after another Explored the Moutain’s Roar as a Nemean lion
- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored)
(se) friendship doesn't have to be a two way street As a Nemean lion, heard about Amalia’s trip to Frey’s Breath
- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone
(SE) between reality and pretend As a Nemean lion, shared symptoms with Chulane
- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures
{Mini Event} {SE} a star on the water Attended the event as a Nemean lion
{se} you're such a heavenly view (open) Left some Nemean lion fur for Safrin as an offering
- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! OR if your character accepts the cure from the Voice, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for her!
(se) for so many years I've used the darkness to feel (open) Dug out some crystal and left it for the Voice as a Nemean lion
- Attend the admin-run SWE. IF you're accepting the cure from the Voice, it's: {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe. If you're waiting on Tanau, well...wait!
Attended the SWE as a Nemean lion

Could he get +1 STR and +1 DEX please?

Amun has completed all his seasonal requirements:

(SE) the glare makes me hard to find Explored Soulfire Reach
(open se) taking the high road Heard about Wessex’s trip to the Mountain’s Roar
{se} cashing in my bad luck Told Melita his symptoms
{Mini Event} (SE) like rats out of a sinking ship Attended ME
SE - for which the world shows little pity Left Safrin an offering of clay (he thought it was a vase)
(se) can you find me in the night? (open) Left the Voice a Vase
- Attend the admin-run SWE. IF you're accepting the cure from the Voice, it's: {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe. If you're waiting on Tanau, well...wait!
Attended SWE

Could he get +1 STR and +1 END please?

Saiden has completed all of his seasonal requirements:

{PQ} (SE) quench this fire Explored Frey’s Breath
{Training} {SE} Know the words? Sing it then! Heard about Nate’s exploration of the Obsidian Cathedral
(SE) midnight city Heard about Sunjata’s symptoms
{Mini Event} {se} a rung too high Attended ME
(SE) we cannot save you Left Safrin a piece of jewelry
(se) and so the best that I can do is pray (open) Left the Voice a piece of jewelry
Attended SWE

Could he get +2 luck please?
- DONE
READY TO RAVE

Age: 32 | Height: | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Nate has completed all the seasonal requirements!

Could I please have +2 put into Luck, for a total of 24

(SE) talk some sense to me Obsidian Cathedral
- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows
{Training} {SE} Know the words? Sing it then! Saiden, Frey’s Breath
not so starry-eyed anymore Sam, shared&learned
- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures ✔️
{SE} As If I Owed You Something Offering ‘Lost Stars’ to Safrin
- if your character accepts the cure from the Voice, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for her!
{SE} Soon as we touched the Ground Geodes for the Voice
- Attend the admin-run SWE. ✔️
- DONE
Skylark > Skynet

Age: 34 | Height: Smol | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Riley - Mythical - Corgi
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
For Sunjata: +2 to DEX pls <3
  • In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues:
    (SE) talk some sense to me Explored Obsidian Cathedral
  • Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored):
    (SE) dying on promises Sunjata explored the Cathedral, talked to Wessex about Mountain's Roar
  • Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone:
    (SE) bury me face down Shared symptoms with Vai!
  • Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures:
    {Mini Event} {se} a rung too high
  • Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars:
    (SE) we cannot save you
  • Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! OR if your character accepts the cure from the Voice, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for her!
    {SE} Soon as we touched the Ground Geodes for the Voice!
  • Attend the admin-run SWE. IF you're accepting the cure from the Voice, it's: {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe
    ― Sunjata took the Voice's cure!
- DONE
The Best
Incredible Incredulator

Age: 38 | Height: smol | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 108 - Dext: 42 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Mowgli - Mythical - Crazy fire-breathing horse
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
+2 LUCK for Remoodle please

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues: {PQ} (SE) quench this fire Explored Frey's Breath during the PQ

- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored) {se} angels in the architecture Chats with Oliver about Frey's Breath vs. the Waterfall

- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone (SE) time of your life

- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures {Mini Event} {se} a rung too high

- Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars {se} devils in the canyon {open} Shiny rocks for Safrin

- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! OR if your character accepts the cure from the Voice, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for her! {se} see it for myself Leaves a gift for the Voice

- Attend the admin-run SWE.  {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe
- DONE
smol and sweet

Age: 26 | Height: medium height | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
+2 luck for Ollie pls!

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues {se} of the laurel
- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored) {se} angels in the architecture
- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone {SE} hot hot
- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures {Mini Event} (SE) like rats out of a sinking ship
- Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars: {se} and the cry goes out

Part 2 requirements!

- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! {SE} dont drink paint water
- Attend the admin-run SWE.  If you're waiting on Tanau, it's {SWE} through the arch
- DONE
Am I famous yet?

Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
-- (SE) one wrong turn after another - Mountain's Roar with Loren

-- (SE) dying on promises - Learns about Obsidian Cathedral

-- SE - I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in - Chatting with Chulane

-- {Mini Event} (SE) like rats out of a sinking ship

-- SE - for which the world shows little pity - Dead rat for Saffy

Part 2 requirements!

-- (se) for so many years I've used the darkness to feel (open) - Rose Quartz for Voicey

- Attend the admin-run SWE. IF you're accepting the cure from the Voice, it's: {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe. If you're waiting on Tanau, it's {SWE} through the arch
-- https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=4386&pid=78697#pid78697

+1 STR, +1 Luck please!
- DONE
Professional Dillon Wrangler

Age: 5 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Deimos has completed the SWE! Could I please have +1 to Strength and +1 to Dexterity? <3

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues - (se) like a dimmer switch on low Exploring Soulfire Reach
- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored) - {se} just a little less pain Discussing Mountain's Roar with Chulane
- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone - {se} when another is gone Discussed symptoms with Noah
- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures - {Mini Event} {SE} a star on the water
- Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars - {se} the last of a line of lasts Offerings to Safrin in fire

Part 2 requirements!

- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! - {se} somehow it thrives Making Tanau a lantern
- Attend the admin-run SWE. IF you're accepting the cure from the Voice, it's: {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe. If you're waiting on Tanau, it's {SWE} through the arch - {SWE} through the arch

--

Melita has completed the SWE! Could she please have +1 to Endurance and +1 to Luck?

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues - {se} a night of storm hunting Exploring Obsidian Cathedral
- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored) - {se} reforged Learning about Frey's Breath from Ronin
- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone  - {se} cashing in my bad luck Learning about symptoms from Amun
- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures - {Mini Event} {se} a rung too high
- Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars - {se} and the cry goes out Tossing stones for Safrin into the sea

Part 2 requirements!

- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! OR if your character accepts the cure from the Voice, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for her! - {se} of the laurel Grabbing some cool rocks for Tanau
- Attend the admin-run SWE. IF you're accepting the cure from the Voice, it's: {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe. If you're waiting on Tanau, it's {SWE} through the arch - {SWE} through the arch

Thank you! <3
- DONE
the Delicious and Delightful
Spoopy Ghost

Age: 36 | Height: I AM TOL | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: Yes - Strg: Not stronk - Dext: 20 - Endr: A gentle breeze would end me - Luck: Infinite - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
+2 END for Ronin please!

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues: {PQ} (SE) quench this fire Explored Frey's Breath during the PQ

- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored) {se} reforged Spoke with Melita about Frey's Breath vs. the Obsidian Cathedral

- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone (SE) time of your life

- Attend your area’s ME (admin will arrange this with the leaders and will post once sufficient clues have been found) to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures {Mini Event} {se} a rung too high

- Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars (SE) diamonds falling Candle boats for Safrin

- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! OR if your character accepts the cure from the Voice, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for her! (se) and so the best that I can do is pray (open) Leaves a gift for the Voice

- Attend the admin-run SWE. {SWE} death is sure to outlast this catastrophe
- DONE
Shark the whale
nurse shark

Age: 4 | Height: adequate | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 5 - Luck: 99 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Ama would like +2 to luck

- In the Climb, complete a thread exploring ONE of the different sub-boards of the Burrows for clues ― {PQ} (SE) quench this fire - used wings to save Morgan (freys breath)
- Learn about someone else's exploration of the Burrows (a different area to the one you explored) ― (se) friendship doesn't have to be a two way street - used breath of Vi to blow away an attacker (mountains roar)
- Thread with someone who is sick and learn their symptoms, OR if you are sick, share your symptoms with someone ― here we go, bluebird - Spoke to Loren about his symptoms and used barrier to protect him from himself
- Attend your area’s ME to share theories/ideas about the sickness and try to come up with some potential cures ― {Mini Event} (SE) like rats out of a sinking ship - flew into the meeting to spread water on the sick
- Complete a thread leaving an offering for Safrin under the stars ― (SE) diamonds falling - used flowers from her passive to contribute to Ronin's offering
- Once your character is aware that Tanau is the cause of the sickness, complete a thread making/borrowing/buying/stealing/whatever a gift for him! - {se} we were born sick - used wings to collect rocks for Tanau. Offered them along with flowers from her hair
- Attend the admin-run SWE. - {SWE} through the arch - Flies to the Climb/offers to use wings to shield Tanau
- DONE