thin ice (open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
I get knocked down, but I get up again
As the woman insisted they were siblings, Loren frowned. Studying her features, his eyes widened. "Astra?!" His companion looked up at him, but the healer was already shaking his head. "No. My sister is gone and my half-sister is a child." He moaned a little.

As the little toy fell apart in Beatleste's hands, he buried his face in his hands. "I don't...I, I don't remember." Dropping his hands, he sighed, shivering. "But people develop new abilities all the time here. It doesn't mean anything." He shrugged.

Turning around again, he held out his hands to the fire. His arms shook as he did and he looked between them and the flames. "It was very good though."
you're never gonna keep me down
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix
Beatrix huffed a quiet sigh, settled back on the floor to watch the fire. Her annoyance softened slightly, when he told her that it was good...

That was the Loren she remembered. "Thank you." She replied, stretching her legs out in front of herself, as she watched him closely, almost afraid he'd attempt to touch the flames.

"Loren? Why do you like the fire so much?" Another honest question. She'd have to find someone to get... someone. The Warden was probably the safest person to get. The Warden would probably know another healer, or at least know what to do.
Let's see how long you'll last, puppet.
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Smiling, Loren nodded. Reaching out, he attempted to pat Beatleste on the shoulder. He missed and hit her neck instead. "You're welcome," he mumbled. Astra shifted in his lap and he went back to stroking her fur. "What else can you do?" For just a moment, his eyes were trained on the woman by his side and not the fire.

However, almost unerringly, his gaze was drawn back to the blaze. Blinking at her question, his mouth opened. "I don't...I don't know." He moaned, rocking the chair back and forth a bit. "I just know that it calls to me. That it's safe and warm."

Burying his face in his hands, he shivered. "I'm so cold. Do you have anything warm to drink?" Spreading his fingers, he peeked out through them at the fire.
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Beatrix
Beatrix shrugged, she'd not seen Loren since aging, or maybe she'd have excitedly told him about her newfound magic. "I also have life drain magic, but I'm not very good with it, either." And she sounds like she's waiting to be scolded. In truth, she should be, she's not practiced with it at all.

When he stopped looking at her, she followed his gaze to the fire. "Oh. Well, the fire does keep us alive, because it blocks out the cold..." She offered, trying to find some rationalization in his statement.

"I can get some tea? And a blanket, if that would help." She most definitely was not a healer; but tea and a blanket seemed like something she could do.

Probably. "I'm going to go to the kitchen, but you can stay right here." She moved to get up and started off to the kitchen without waiting to make sure he'd agree to stay.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Reaching over to Beatleste, Loren patted her on the head. He actually managed to hit his target this time and he grinned. "That's okay." Leaning towards her, he dropped his voice to a whisper. "I used to be bad at magic. Veryyyyyyy bad. But I practiced and now I'm veryyyyyyy good."

Flopping back in his chair, he nodded at her. "You just need some practice too." Beaming, he went back to stroking Astra.

Brow furrowing, he scooted closer to the flames. "Yes. But it's more than that. It..." Voice trailing off, he waved his free hand in the air.

Simply nodding again when Beatleste asked if he wanted tea and a blanket, he didn't look away from the fire when she left. He couldn't say much time passed. A second? Hours? But he found his eyelids growing heavy and he began to doze off.
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
He patted her head, successfully this time, and he promised she'd get better with practice. Loren was still the same. That was a comfort, at least. Even if he didn't believe she was his sister. He'd learn when he wasn't going insane.

"Practice makes perfect," she murmured softly, as she wandered off to get the tea and blankets.

When she returned, and he was asleep, she sat the tea down on a nearby table and began covering him up with the blankets, tucking him and Astra into the warmth. She'd leave it loose enough that Astra could get free if she wanted, and settled down with a book to sip the tea she'd made him.

She'd let him sleep.

-Fin-