and no regrets
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I will stand by you forever; you can take my breath away
Everything feels weird. Loki knows it. She hasn't left the Wraith's side except to eat, the black dragonling protective and worried and without enough rational thought to drag her bonded to the shrine. Lethargy, a feeling she hasn't known since her days of early Ascension, creeps through her body, keeping her from doing the one thing she had to do. One night fog seems to clear from her head and she takes herself out of her old shack to the Woodland shrine, stopping every now and then - a too familiar, too impossible blonde figure flitting through the trees in the distance.

“Lady,” the Wraith says formally, trying for some semblance of 'everything is okay' as she settles herself into a cross legged position. Between her pose and the dragonling’s place in her lap, she looks like the perfect acolyte (the perfect Magrethe) sitting herself down to meditate before her deity. “We have come to an agreement regarding the Monsters. And I have a group for the Machine.”

Wessex tries to remember everything she's supposed to say: that she's been to the Climb and returned, there is potential in an Abandoned boy, her new upgrade… but her mind struggles, in a way it never has before.
WESSEX

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
The Voice appears to Wessex as a hologram, as she might once have done long, long ago. Her eyes sweep over those assembled but fall back to her demigoddess almost instantly. There is grave concern write on her youthful and illusory face, a tension that keeps straight her spine, and darkens her eyes.

"I'm glad to hear it." She says of the decision to take on the monsters. "LongNight is still half a year away...there is much time to prepare, and to strengthen and train."

As for the machine?

"What do you make of your recent scans?" She wants to know. Strong as Wessex is, she will still have completed her bioscans regularly. What will the Wraith have to say about her current condition?

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
“You aren’t…?” Her face scrunches into confusion at this hologram. This is not her Lady, her Lleisi. “Where are you?” Not here, not with her. It’s a sad thought, not an angry one, and the Wraith wonders if she’s done something to anger her Goddess, for there could be no other reason to appear like this. Confusion turns to disappointment, the stone and steel woman far more turbulent than she's been before.

It’s soon forgotten by the prompt for a bioscan analysis, which she does again quickly. Loki shifts anxiously in her lap, looking from the hologram to her bonded with the quietest of inquisitive chirps. “There is something affecting me. It’s causing cognitive problems and - oh. She doesn’t remember that. Her eyes go wide, even the thought of if bringing back some little craving to do the forbidden thing. “Fire. I want to touch fire.”

A little laugh squeaks out, cause it’s just so ludicrous. “But we can’t touch fire.” Duh. Everyone knows that.
WESSEX

Change author:
"Somewhere...safe." The Voice replies in an almost saddened tone. Much as she might like to be here and offer comfort, she cannot risk the entirety of her family for the sake of one embrace.

"Fire."  The Voice repeats, thinking of it not as a symptom, but a clue. "When Tanau was found...what did you see?" Without a portal to the Climb, her knowledge is limited. She's always valued Wessex's autonomy and independence, but based on the reliability of her answers, it's possible that the Voice will need to stream the information from her mind. But she's optimistic in her demigod. "What happened?"

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Safe? It registers, somewhere in the stricken demigod that she is now not safe, even for a God. The thought is both agitating and depressing, and Wessex’s face - nay, her entire head - falls to her chest. As if she’d somehow (ridiculously) failed. Loki peeps in dismay, pushing her snout into the delirious woman’s chin, trying to offer comfort. Wessex’s hands come up mechanically, but she is sluggish and does not rise.

It is only the Voice’s next prompt that picks her head up, the cogs in her head straining to operate. “Tanau... “ the name breathes new life into her as she pivots on a dime, her thoughts now racing, filled with the fiery God. “He is exquisite. All the -” her mouth can’t keep up with her mind, “colors!” And as she thinks it, he is summoned before her, flickering and bright. Her face lights up in awe and adoration.

“What kind of fire are you?” she asks, “to have lilac and and lime and pink? Are you part rainbow?” A spark of amusement, “Nooooo, but there’s no clouds umin these tunnels, just your fany water and your rats and Kiada and your broken lava bed.” It’s like a water bed, but not. She frowns - no, no rainbows down here. “Can I have some?” she asks again, reaching out for the imagined fire god. “To hold against the monsters?”

Even now, in her hallucinations, she gives answers and has a grasp on reality, the needs of the distant future. Perhaps it’s because she doesn’t burn with a fever, that there’s no inflammation or dehydration, it’s just a misfiring, something that affects fluid - or blood? The brain, perhaps? The soul?
WESSEX

Change author:
The Voice watches, easily able to imagine what it is Wessex believes she is seeing before her. So bright is the hallucination that it nearly makes colourful patterns of firelight dance across the demigod's features as she questions the god she sees in her mind. Holographic as she is, the Voice can offer no comfort to her masterpiece. The best she can do is flash the black dragonling a weary smile should Loki look up while her bonded carries on imaginary conversations.

"Tell me, did Tanau tell you where he'd been all this time?" The Voice softly prompts through this tirade of questions.

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Some rational part of her pulls from what she knows, causing the hallucination to say something to Wessex and Wessex alone. She shakes her head, knowing too well what it’s like to live in a cage. “He has always been there. Stuck, held fast through the heart -” Words seeming to fail her, she frowns, straining for what she means. But the synapses won’t connect, and she knows she should be embarrassed at this failure to be bright - but her spirit soldiers doggedly on.

“It’s - like -” Wessex stands and dumps Loki on the ground, beginning to play multiple parts of their epic descent into the Climb. First she is Tanau, trapped and tortured, holding his chest open for Loren to reach in. Then she is Loren reaching bravely in, mumbling, “Firehandybrand,” to herself as she pauses before pulling out the ThInG, Kiada and Amalia and Hotaru, and even herself, forgotten.

Then she is calm, holding something in her hand. “This,” Wessex says, sure of herself. “This kept him.” Extending her empty hand to her lady, she looks up at the Goddess with full faith that she will know, because her lady knows everything.

“What is this metal?”
WESSEX

Change author:
"Has he.." The Voice muses, her eyes narrowed as her mind whirls away, deep in thought. Something naggles at the back of her mind, something that she must do and investigate. It is something she might have asked for Wessex's help with, but not now...not in her current condition.

Turning to look at the demigods empty open palm, the Voice does not frown, but instead reaches into her mind to pluck the imagery from it. She sees the strangely shaped and coloured bit of metal, and her expression sharply changes. "Where is it. Where is the metal?" She demands, eyes dark save for flickers of electrical energy.

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Perhaps it’s the vacation she needs, but doesn’t want (cause we don’t always get what we want, but we get what we need), a lapse of responsibility and well-earned, if involuntary, vacation.

Let someone else step up.

With the same adoration that she just recently gave to Tanau, Wessex hums in the back of her throat because it sounds like her lady knows something. That sharp turn, the change of tone. It’s exciting! “In Halo’s pocket! With Loren!” the Wraith gushes, almost clapping her hands, teetering on the edge of elation and euphoria. What next, her eyes seem to say - or maybe they do, maybe her eyes are so loud that the Voice can hear them.

Where do we go from here?
WESSEX

Change author:
With Loren. In Halo.

The information is stored, to be percolated on later. Again, were Wessex in her right mind she'd send the demigod after the metal but...for now she will bide her time. There was a time she was hasty and rash, but that has long since passed. She can be patient, especially while her children are ill.

"Check on everyone, if you can. This...this metal must be found, but later. All of it can be later. For now we must protect our family, and to do that, we need to make sure everyone is safe. I have tasked Samuel with making a list of those who are ill, like you. Perhaps together we might figure this out faster."

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Not quite what Wessex had had in mind in terms of what do we do now? But then again, she doesn’t even have the long-lasting acuity to be aware at the moment that she is out of sorts. Ill. Still quite perfectly capable of taking care of herself, but only if she isn’t stupid. Like a child, she sighs and deflates a little. “Okay. Find Sam and keep the family safe. Is it bad? Did I do this?” Now more like a worried child, she reaches for Loki and tries to cuddle her, aware that the conversation was about being not-right and then the Climb, and then others needing to be safe. Which is what the Wraith does, she just… can’t put it all together quite yet.

“Can I have a drink?” she asks, suddenly. It’s the beginning of a weird sort of need she hasn’t felt in a while. It isn't... nice.
WESSEX

Change author:
(shit sorry, omg)

"Everything will be alright." The Voice says softly, answering neither of Wessex's questions. She watches with soft eyes as the normally strong and independent woman collapses in on herself, clutching at her dragonling like a stuffed toy.

"Not a drink, no.." The words are reluctantly said, but the Voice won't take the chance that she'll be similarly infected. That would spell doom for them all. Instead lightning flashes out from her, wreathing Wessex in blue. It won't satisfy the thirst that she feels, though it will strengthen and reinvigorate her the way drinking normally would.

"We will speak again soon...and if there is a way of retrieving the metal safely, then do so." In so saying the Voice's hologram disappears, leaving Wessex with likely more questions than when she began.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!